Heroes World Disabler

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by LeGenDaryX, Sep 18, 2012.

1. Offline

LeGenDaryX

Plugin category: Not sure..

Suggested name: HeroesWorldDisabler or PluginDisablerPerWorld or something fancy xD (thats totally up to you)

What I want:
    I asked the creators of Heroes if they would put back in the feature to disable Heroes in some or one world on your server. They said they wouldnt support this feature anymore.

I don't know if its possible or allowed but could someone make a plugin that makes it possible to disable Heroes in 1 world.. and leave it turned on in others?

Doesn't need to be specifically only Heroes.. could also be just any plugin that would be disabled per world.

Why i want this u might wonder?
    I like to have a survival world without all those classes, or have heroes turned off for events in my event world.

The biggest reason i would want this is because maybe people have seen the video on the minecraftforums about the Vanilla Team Fortress 2 map. It works with the 1.4 command blocks and it works awesome..(try it with the snapshot) better than any plugin ever seen!

The downside is.. it probably wouldnt work well with heroes because those maps have build in classes or playing with heroes classes is much more unbalanced with all those skills etc.

If this isnt allowed or possible, would this be possible:
    To force 1 standard class from Heroes in 1 world.. and leave it unchanged in other worlds?
    This way.. i could create 1 class thats based on the minecraft Vanilla settings/stats from pvp and hp.
    And force that class in the TeamFortress map or something similar.

Ideas for commands: No commands needed for this plugin just a config i think?

Ideas for permissions:

When I'd like it by: Whenever u can finish it.. the sooner the better. Especially before minecraft 1.4 comes out

Comments:
    If someone could fix this.. this would be awesome. I heard alot of people requested this feature to the Heroes devs but they just didnt wanted to put it back in (it was before!).

I don't know what to say to convince people to make this.. but this could save alot of servers in my opinion. Especially when mc 1.4 comes out alot of cool maps would come out that would work better without Heroes.
    The reason i rather not delete Heroes from my server is that i created almost 100 classes. Also people who donated invested donations in those classes to level them or something else and i wouldnt want to take that away from them.

Thanks for reading!

2. Offline

np98765

I'm pretty sure that Heroes is not open-source.

Plugins-per-world is not possible, either.

3. Offline

Kiakaha

Yeah this plugin request is really super impossible because of the Heroes team themselves

How about a work around of having 1 very Vanillish class that you FORCE SWITCH all users to when they enter your "non heroes" world?

I could help with that if you found it acceptable.

4. Offline

LeGenDaryX

I posted that request too in the first post. So that will be great if u could get that to work.

How do i do this? :D

5. Offline

LeGenDaryX

Kiakaha isnt answering.. lol.
    Anyone else knows how to force 1 class in 1 world?

6. Offline

Kiakaha

Sorry Legendary. There are probably hundreds of ways
    but i would do it with Variable triggers
    for example i would replace the Portal your users take to get to the non heroes world
    and make it do this

@CMDOP heroes choose vanillaclass ( i cant remember the exact command for heroes)
    @CMDOP heroes confirm (i cant remember if this is the exact command)
    @CMDOP warp NONHERoesworldwarp

This would force them to change class b4 they warped there
    Because it runs the command as OP you could switch them to a class they are normally denied access too
    (so noone will wonder why "vanillaclass" is so sucky in the normal heroes world :)

If your users are able to switch worlds using a command EG "/warp vanillaworld"
    Variable triggers can intercept or replace that command too
    EG "/warp vanillaworld"
    runs
    @CMDOP heroes choose vanillaclass ( i cant remember the exact command for heroes)
    @CMDOP heroes confirm (i cant remember if this is the exact command)
    @CMDOP warp vanillaworld

If you tell me
    A) how do people get to and from the vanilla world
    B) the name of the class you'd use for it
    C) the group name of any group you want to exclude from this I'l write it for you

If you want to see this in operation first you can join me on my server sometime today
    PM ME

This will fix most of your problems but be aware with Heroes you still wont be able to allow normal enchanting and some potioning (i'd put the potion skills on the vanilla class if you do want them)

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2016
  7. Offline

LeGenDaryX

The world hasnt been created yet. But im gonna let people go to that world via:

/warp worldname

The class would be called: Vanilla

The group name.. i dont know? I think everyone should i guess.

I dont know what u mean btw with those @cmdop stuff :p

8. Offline

LeGenDaryX

I hope still people would like to help me with this though.

I've seen a plugin that would make it possible to disable or force a certain class in an Arena.
    This is the plugin im talking about:

http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/heromatchmaking/

I post this because.. if a plugin could do this. Wouldnt there be a plugin that could force a Vanilla Class and Vanilla Profession in 1 world?

Pleasee help me with this because 1.4 is on its way.. and i really want those cool maps like TeamFortress to work like they should.

[fire]

9. Offline

Ytry

Perhaps an Kainzo will help :p I don't see why they would discontinue this feature, I really liked it as well.

10. Offline

LeGenDaryX

Haha i tried to ask them.. and a lot of players want the feature. The bad part is that the HeroCraft team doesnt want to support it anymore by adding it into their plugin.

I really dont know why they removed the feature from the plugin.. it worked perfectly :(

Hope the Kainzo will help haha.

or: @Multitallented

11. Offline

Kiakaha

Hey man i had completely missed your replies :( sorry for the slow response but i can still do the Change to vanilla class thing for you
    I'l have it done for you tommorow :) and il walk you through how it works and how you can use and modify it

I can also tell you that requesting it of the heroes dev team is not going to achieve anything
    Heroes won't add features like this because they don't need it themselves and they have other things to work on
    it might seem harsh to us normal guys but I respect their position.
    I'm thankful for an already great plugin Heroes and am happy to accept their terms.

12. Offline

LeGenDaryX

Hey, Yes that would be great. I hope your way.. also works via my server hosting. Im running my server thru a Multicraft Panel.
    Thanks for replying again! :p

13. Offline

Kainzo

We will be allowing for custom damage/exp/hp of mobs and so forth in the future, however we aren't interested in adding in a "complete" disable for our plugin. The 'feature' that was in, wasn't working and was causing issues.

14. Offline

LeGenDaryX

Kainzo the only thing i really would want is that all players would be equal in some worlds. I still have the dream of having a vanilla world again next to my heroes world. Before i could do this with the old disabled worlds option. To bad it aint gonna be back. The only thing i could hope for is if someone could make a plugin that forces 1 class and profession in a world.

15. Offline

Kiakaha

LeGenDaryX im still working on the autoclass change thing

It becomes more and more complex as i take into account things like warps/homes/ (different methods of travel too world) but it CAN be done and i WILL Do it.

The most annoying part is that to stop people changing class all the time i have to remove heroes.classes.* but then noone can look at the "/hero paths" and i have to make my own custom list of available classes :( /sighs

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2016