Filled Horseback Combat

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by Azfaloth, Aug 29, 2014.

1. Offline

Azfaloth

Hi,
    This seems to me to be a simple plugin to make, but then again my experience with plugin coding is quite limited.

What I was looking for the other day was a plugin that boosts combat stats on a horse. In order to make mounted combat more appealing for players. Because as it is now, combat from horses is pretty much useless.

What I was hoping for was at the simplest level, just something that increases attack damage from swords and axes while on horseback. With a config file that allows you to enter in a value by which you want the attack increased by.

That is the basic idea though ideally I would hope that a plugin would be possible that would further increase the horseback melee damage based on the speed of the horses charge, maybe add a slight trample damage to mobs or players that are run over. (this feature has been done in other horse mods I believe) Maybe add a slight knockback effect to the horses rearing to clear crowding of enemies around the horse? This is in addition to the first feature I mentioned before and would be welcome if implemented. Not sure if all this would be possible though.

Permissions would be to be able to use the attack damage buffs for swords and axes and maybe another to use the charging speed attack and one for the trample damage?

Commands would probably be unnecessary in this plugin. I think just one to reload it would be sufficient.

I think this plugin would make horses more important as a war tool and add a new cavalry or horse combat aspect to the game.

Thank you for your time, all replies and input are appreciated.

Azfaloth

2. Offline

Azfaloth

*Bump*

*edit* Wow every single post i make has to be approved by moderators? My OP already went to the third page by the time it got approved...

Anyone interested in this? The simpler form at least?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2016
  3. Offline

Azfaloth

So no one is interested in this idea? :) The idea of combat perks while riding horses? Boosted damage and new strategies while fighting against and fighting along with cavalry?