How Do I Make A Plugin?

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by Ezy2000, Oct 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Ezy2000

How do I make my own bukkit plugin? Where do I find all the codes and stuff and what program is needed? Thanks to anyone who helps me =)

2. Offline

Watto

There's a few different IDE's (AKA programs) around which you can use to develop programs.
    I only have experience with Eclipse so that's honestly the only one i can suggest but i know some people use IntelliJ too.

As for Bukkit plugins you can read this which runs you through the basics of Plugin Development.

3. Shmobi People asking before attempting to even look themselves is frustrating, yes, but it's also:

a) Nothing new
    and b) Not an excuse to be extremely rude to the person

Also, the Bukkit API is still downloadable, CraftBukkit isn't. People shouldn't be using NMS shortly after starting, anyway, so that won't be an issue.

4. Offline

ZeldoKavira

I've had to clean a rediculus amount of posts of this thread.

1) No flaming the user
    2) Keep the profanity to a minimum
    3 (and the most important)) Don't post unless you want to help the user. If you are going to post just to yell at the OP or any other random junk DON'T POST.

Funergy likes this.
  5. Offline

Funergy

ZeldoKavira You should delete the reply AdamQpzm did. because hes replying to a reply from @Shmoni that isn't there anymore.

6. Offline

ZeldoKavira

I left it because his comment about the API is valid and should ward off future people making the same comment.

AdamQpzm likes this.
  7. Offline

ColonelHedgehog

Intelliji is not for beginners.

8. Offline

Watto

ColonelHedgehog

Yeah sorry I've only heard of it. I never looked into it.

9. Offline

ColonelHedgehog

It's certainly the best you're going to get, but only if you have a good idea of what you're doing. Otherwise, it becomes another problem to deal with in coding. And we all know we coders have plenty of other things to worry about other than figuring out how to add Bukkit as a library. :p

ZeldoKavira and Watto like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.