How long!?

Discussion in 'BukkitDev Information and Feedback' started by Nickbuc, Dec 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Nickbuc

How long do I have to wait to get my plugin atleast responded too? Ive been waiting over 17 hours just to get some type of response and all i see is "Our administrators will be reviewing your project any minute now." Come on how long do I have to wait?

Mod edit (NuclearW): Removed all caps title

2. It depends on the time of day, and whos online. It shouldn't be much longer

3. Offline

agafaba

While it says any minute now, it really should say "please allow up to 24-48 hours for review and approval"

4. Offline

NuclearW

Complaining about it won't make it go any faster.

I just woke up and am working on the queue now. We're doing our best to make it faster, but sometimes it just takes a while.

Technius, MrMag518, Nathan C and 2 others like this.
  5. Offline

Orcem12

@Nickbuc
    One way to make it take longer is by making it into a thread... It will get approved eventually. They don't get paid.

Daniel Heppner and Torrent like this.
  6. Offline

Javin

I'm not complaining here, because fact is they ARE doing this for free, but I agree that they should change the "any minute now" message to a 24-48 hours message. It's misleading when you spend your time refreshing every 30 minutes because you think it's going to be "any minute now." If I'd known in advance that it could be two days, I could've spent that time monitoring its status doing something else. I have a user that requested the plugin and assumed since it would be "any minute now" I could just wait for it to be approved to get it to him. Knowing this, I now know that I should go ahead and send him the .jar from my own server in the meantime to get him beta testing it ASAP.

7. Offline

pyraetos

Sometimes my projects and files are approved instantly, and sometimes they take a while. It depends on how many objects are in the queue, and how much of the staff is available to approve them. Don't forget that they, like everyone else, are only human!

NuclearW likes this.
  8. Offline

emericask8ur

I think we should increase BukkitDev Staff, (Not saying They arent doing good) but I think it would speed up a lot rather then taking the Gaps of time between them.

9. Offline

pyraetos

Then show some initiative! :D

10. Offline

NuclearW

Close to instant approval happens when we have staff who are currently online with the notifier enabled. (It has an annoying sound to boot).

Sometimes, it does take a while though. Having some more approval staff might help, thought. That's certainly something to think about.

11. Offline

emericask8ur

They added Sound to it?

12. Offline

NuclearW

Uhm, pretty sure I wrote it with sound in the first version...

I should specify, the notifier is a program made to annoy staff when new projects and files come in I wrote some time ago, it isn't part of the site or whatnot.

Inscrutable likes this.
  13. Offline

emericask8ur

14. Offline

LRFLEW

Yeah, my project has been in the queue for almost 24 hours now, and I feel mislead by the "any minute now". You know what might make it faster: setup an anonymous approval process. Instead of only letting admins (or such) do the approval, let (justified) users approve projects. That could at least quintuple the output if the system was setup right.

15. Offline

NuclearW

I agree the "Any minute now" should be changed, at the very least. It's something we'll have to ask Curse for, I believe. I'll try to pass that request on.

Perhaps, and this is an interesting idea but I don't know what it would do to quality of the system... That said it isn't my decision to make, and I'm not sure how this would even work.

16. Offline

LRFLEW

The quality is a true concern, which is why there would be an acceptance system put into place for the people to test plugins. Peers judging peer submissions is popular on sites such as dearblankpleaseblank.com, so it could work.

17. Offline

NuclearW

Indeed it can work elsewhere, but the question is can it work here? I'm not equipped to answer that one, though.

18. Offline

TheFieldZy

Same system also works well on FML's site. Then again, that is a different thing. Those are funny stories, these are plugins. But you get the idea.

19. Offline

MrMag518

I understand you; it has to be approximately unbearable to check/approve all the plugins waiting approval constantly.

20. Offline

NuclearW

Well, thankfully we've gotten some more people on the BukkitDev staff so hopefully approvals should be faster overall.

21. Offline

pyraetos

Nothing in the queue right now!

iPhysX likes this.
  22. Offline

iPhysX

I shall make this queue large!
    It is my goal, to make 50 plugins by tomorrow, just for the BukkitDev team.
    <3

Edit: In all seriousness, I don't have the mental capacity to stay up all night for a third night in a row making silly plugins. And i wouldn't make any new friends by doing so.

23. how many plugins do you approve each day?

24. Offline

NuclearW

We're dealing with about 80-85 a day at current.

25. Offline

pyraetos

Why don't we just take all the submissions, and push them somewhere else?

Tylerjd and PatrickFreed like this.
  26. Offline

iPhysX

That's quite a lot for one person to deal with, but I suppose there is quite a few more Staff now :)

27. Offline

Lolmewn

Like the trash? :D
    Nah, I'd have 'trusted members' that can approve them as well, without giving then mod permissions or tag.

28. Offline

iPhysX

@Lolmewn i think if there was to be more ranks than there already is, it would create confusion amongst some members.

29. Offline

feildmaster

/me accepts so many projects it's silly. Almost instantly.

30. Offline

iPhysX

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.