How to cancel one event while another is running

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by AKZOBIE74, Oct 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

AKZOBIE74

Hey guys so i have a spells plugin and i have two PlayerInteractEvents. How do i cancel one PlayerInteractEvent while another is running. One Event scrolls through the list of spells forward and the other scrolls backwards through the list of spells i want to cancel the scroll forward while the scroll backwards is running.

P.S. If you respond please tag me or i wont know you responded. I also clicked watch thread but I like being tagged better.

2. Offline

tcvs

AKZOBIE74 Why do you have two different PlayerInteractEvents? Why can't you just use one?

FerusGrim likes this.
  3. Offline

AKZOBIE74

tcvs I just like it better that way anyways in one player interact you right click to scroll forwards and in the other one you shift and right click to scroll backwards.

4. Offline

Gater12

AKZOBIE74
    Well in the first one you check if the player is not shifting?

5. Offline

tcvs

AKZOBIE74 That makes no sense... But anyways just use an if statement to check which thing needs to be done.

6. Offline

FerusGrim

What are you even...? What?

7. Offline

AKZOBIE74

Gater12 tcvs FerusGrim I just want it when you shift and right click to scroll backwards it cancels the event where if you just do a regular right click to scroll forward.

8. Offline

FerusGrim

I'm... so confused.

9. Offline

tcvs

FerusGrim AKZOBIE74 I was not talking about cancelling the event. I was saying since he is so intent that he wants two event handlers(I still don't know why?). But he would need to do some sort test to see which one to use.

10. Offline

fireblast709

AKZOBIE74 in the first lines of the event handler, check if the user is shift clicking. If it is, depending on whether the event handler listens for shift clicking, return.

11. Offline

AKZOBIE74

fireblast709 I have the isSneaking and the rutrun but whenever you shift and right click it brings it one back and two forward so that's why i need to have the rightclickevent canceled while the right+shiftevent is being used by the player.

12. Offline

fireblast709

AKZOBIE74 if you cancel one, then you cancel the other. That's why you return when in the shift+rightclick event hander when there is no shift. (and vice versa)

13. Offline

guitargun

what about the ignore if cancelled?

14. Offline

AKZOBIE74

guitargun could you show me a code for the ignore if cancelled?

15. Offline

guitargun

just add this. @EventHandler (ignoreCancelled = true)
    not sure if safe to do.

16. AKZOBIE74 Can you show us the code you currently have?

17. Offline

AKZOBIE74

18. Offline

mythbusterma

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.