How To Do Cross-Server Permissions?

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Ambamore2000, Sep 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Ambamore2000

This question may seem abit hard for you to answer, so, I'll explain what I am asking in depth. Lets say I use PEX and Essentials Group Manager. In an OP-Prison server, I use Essentials Group Manager for the A, B, C, D, etc. ranks, and I try to use PEX for the cross-server permissions and stuff. I use MySQL database and that. This didn't work as planned. Group Manager just over-rid the PEX. I'm wondering if anyone knows a way to do cross-server permissions, and how. Thanks!

2. Offline

LHammonds

#1 - Pick one or the other regarding a permission plugin. Do NOT try to use two at a time...it won't work.

#2 - I know PEX has the ability to use a database. You could have each server read/write to the same (MySQL) database.

LHammonds

3. Offline

Ambamore2000

LHammonds
    Example please, sorry, I don't see what you're exactly saying.

4. Offline

Skionz

Ambamore2000 convert your group manager permissions to pex.

5. Offline

Ambamore2000

Skionz And thwn what do I do?

6. Offline

Skionz

7. Offline

Ambamore2000

Skionz Yes, I already know that, but how do I make that cross-server? Doesn-t make sense to me.

8. Offline

Skionz

Ambamore2000 connect both servers to your database in PEX and then just use the permissions that are in that database.

9. Offline

Ambamore2000

Skionz I'll try, but I still don't get it. :p

Skionz Hi, I'm stuck on how to add the database to pex. I'm stuck on #0. :/ I'm wondering if you can private message on Skype, and then after I find the answer, I post how to do it here?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2016
  10. Offline

Skionz

my skype is "skionzmc" but here is my config for using MySQL in pex
    Code:
    multiserver:
      use-netevents: true
    permissions:
      debug: false
      allowOps: false
      user-add-groups-last: false
      log-players: false
      createUserRecords: false
      backend: sql
      informplayers:
        changes: false
      basedir: plugins/PermissionsEx
      backends:
        file:
          type: file
          file: permissions.yml
        sql:
          driver: mysql
          uri: mysql://**********/database
          user: ****
          password: ************\
          type: sql
    updater: true
    alwaysUpdate: false

11. Offline

LHammonds

Configure PEX's config.yml to use the exact same MySQL database. When both connect to the same database, they will share the same settings/permissions/structure.

I just did a test connection to MySQL and here is a copy of my config with some items renamed for easy of identification:

Code:
    multiserver:
      use-netevents: true
    permissions:
      debug: false
      allowOps: false
      user-add-groups-last: false
      log-players: false
      createUserRecords: false
      backend: sql
      informplayers:
        changes: false
      backends:
        sql:
          type: sql
          uri: mysql://localhost/minecraftdb
          user: minecraftdbuser
          password: minecraftpass
        file:
          type: file
          file: permissions.yml
    updater: true
    alwaysUpdate: false

Be sure to set the correct address for "localhost" if the MySQL server is not on the same machine.
    "minecraftdb" needs to match the database you have defined for Minecraft in the MySQL server.
    "minecraftdbuser" needs to be the database user account that has rights to the specified database name.
    "minecraftpass" needs to be the password for that above database user account.

If you need to know how to create the database and user account, I have this tutorial for that.

If you need to know how to install MySQL on an Ubuntu Server, I have this tutorial for that.

If you need to know how to install Ubuntu Server, I have this tutorial for that as well.

12. Offline

DJ Craft

Hi need help too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.