How to keep items in chest but allow users to take from it

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Pavman, Jul 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Pavman

Hi I am trying to create a KitPVP server for my users. How do I make it so people can take from a chest with items that they can pvp in without the items actually disappearing. For example, a user takes a diamond chestplate, and another user wants that too. How do I make it so the items do not actually leave the chest but the user still receives it?

2. Offline

LHammonds

I haven't see a plugin that does that (not saying it doesn't exist) but I'd accomplish this by using a sign they can right-click to issue a "/kit <kitname>" command. There are several plugins that do sign commands (Essentials, ServerSigns, etc.)

LHammonds

3. Offline

Pavman

LHammonds
    I want to make it so they can enchant their own stuff and what not rather than having it as a set kit.

4. Offline

LHammonds

Then set the kit to be unenchanted gear and have different signs set their XP high enough so they can enchant it themselves or setup a sign that applies a specific enchant to whatever they are holding and not even worry about XP....or only allow them a set amount and they have to choose the best combo for them (RPG-style)

5. Offline

Pavman

I guess I could do that, but I'd really want to give the users the choice to get whatever they want from a chest or w/e. Such as potions and what not. Can you see if you can find a plugin for that? Thanks.

6. Offline

daavko

Pavman If you use Essentials, it has built-in "Free" signs.

7. Offline

LHammonds

Sorry, but no. You can do that as well as I can but only you have a vested interest in the search for that specific feature. :)

8. Offline

Henriksen1000

If you want this in a SIGN, download Essentials and write a sign like this: and add the permission essentials.sign.use.*
    [​IMG]

INFORMATION:
    [​IMG] The sign are created and players can use it if they have the permission![​IMG] The sign are created but have errors, You must say the ID or the corectly name.[​IMG] The sign is created but will not work! You will need to enable the sign features in the config.

CONFIG EXAMPLE: (You must remove the # to get the sign type enabled.)
    [​IMG]

9. Offline

Pavman

Henriksen1000 daavko I know that I can do this. I am just looking to see if I can find a plugin that could do what I said in the OP. Thanks :)

10. Offline

saiismad823

If you want the visual effect of the chest you could use chest menu plugin like PitemMenu and have it so a menu item is a diamond chestplate and when they click it it runs the server command to give them a diamond chest plate. I have not tried this my self but I see no reason why it wold not work.

11. Offline

LHammonds

I saw this plugin on the recently updated list and thought about this thread: Chest Regen

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.