I cant play on any CraftBukkit servers....

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by ledship, Dec 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

ledship

yes but only cause its localhost

2. Online

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

Could you provide the debug information of the client?

3. Offline

ledship

How do I get that?

4. Online

You need to edit your profile on the launcher, there you can choose if you want to keep the launcher visible or close it. Make it always visible

5. Offline

ledship

Ok on my localhost server or another server?

6. Online

Launcher of the client, then post the parts of the join events when you join the localhost and another server

7. Offline

ledship

8. Online

9. Offline

ledship

Its running both versions -_- its actually running 1.6.4 with a join protocal or something like that for 1.7.2

10. Online

Try joining with the 1.7.2 client, those protocol hacks aren't craftbukkit anymore

11. Offline

ledship

I still get read timed out on 1.7.2 and other servers, 1.7.2 Aint gonna change anything and I know cause I get it on 1.7.2 and 1.6.4 and every other minecraft version - Would it possibly have to do with a program I have installed? Because I think it just started happening to me after I installed a program but I cant remember what program.

12. Online

Possibility exists

13. Offline

ledship

Yeah but what program would cause it?

14. Online

I don't know, don't know what you have installed, first thought: anti-virus

15. Offline

ledship

I only have Avast and people on #minecrafthelp on esper IRC said that Avast is a recommended anti virus if you play Minecraft

16. Online

Was only my first thought

17. Offline

LHammonds

If on Windows 7, you go into Control Panel -> Programs and Features -> You will see a list of all programs installed. There is an "Installed On" column. Clicking that column header will sort the list and show you programs installed in order of their install date.

If on Windows XP, it is Control Panel -> Add Remove Programs, but I cannot remember if it had an installed date on it...but it should at least have a last used date or something like that.

18. Offline

ledship

I know how too -_-

19. Offline

LHammonds

Didn't sound like it. :confused:

20. Offline

jblanda

If you can connect localhost it is a router issue, not a client side issue, but if you can connect to servers using the same router on another computer it is most likely a DNS or IP error.

21. Offline

ledship

I can connect to servers using the same router on another computer, but there is basicly no difference between the computers except programs & hardware.

22. Offline

jblanda

have you tried resetting your IP?

Some routers save your IPV4 address along with your MAC address so whenever you boot you have the same IP, try setting up a static IP with a different IPV4 Address.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2016
  23. Offline

ledship

My MAC address? whats dat?
    And I have my internet IP and then 2 different IPs 1 for each computer it says..?

24. Offline

jblanda

You should try setting up a static IP to see if its your assigned IPV4 address.

25. Offline

ledship

I already have a static IP on my router

and its different

I think...

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2016
  26. Offline

jblanda

Static IPS are for IPV4 addresses on your computer. Refer to this guide: (Windows 7)
    Code:
    Setting up a Static IP:

Right click on your Wireless Bars/ Wired connection window in the bottom right hand corner, open network and sharing center. in the left side click change adapter settings. right click on whatever connection you are using and hit properties. You will have to be an administrator on this PC. Click on internet protocol version 4 (TCP/IPV4)
    and hit the Properties button a little lower down. Click obtain the IP address manually.
    Change this to whatever you port forwarded to. When you click on Subnet mask it fills automatically. the default gateway should stay the same, along with the DNS servers if you don't really know what your doing. For alternate DNS server put 8.8.8.8 this is a Free Google DNS anyone can use. Click the Validate settings upon exit and hit OK!
    Open up your web browser and if you can connect to the internet your good!
    Windows troubleshooter might pop up, but that doesn't mean anything, if you lose internet connection but are connected see if you did anything wrong. some computers that I've worked with just don't like Static IPs (Mainly Windows 8 PCs)
    And forget where it says where you port forwarded to. this was originally for Bukkit servers.

27. Offline

ledship

my router control panel thing my ISP gives me (10.1.1.1) says I have a static IP.

28. Offline

jblanda

That could be your default gateway, your router's address.
    follow that guide, if one is already setup then change it to something close to your default gateway.

29. Offline

Necrodoom

Locked. Unofficial builds are not supported here. You are trying to connect to a server that doesnt use craftbukkit, so this doesnt belong here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.