I dont think this belongs here, but just read

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by ChocolateChoo, Sep 19, 2014.

?

Is this in the right thread posts?

1. Yeah!

25.0%
  2. NOPE! Get it outta here!

75.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

ChocolateChoo

So, I use the plugin RPG Items but I have an issue. When I create a custom recipe for an item, I sometimes use other items made from this plugin. When I go to craft it, it works fine.
    The issue though is that when I try to craft the same item but use a generic item, it still crafts the item. Can someone fix this IF possible?
    An example:
    I make an item that requires 1 blaze rod and redstone.
    The redstone is an RPG item.
    I craft the item using the RPG item and Blaze Rod, and it works.
    The issue is, I use generic redstone, rather than the RPG item redstone, and it still crafts the item.

Could you make it so when crafting a custom recipe, the plugin tries to detect if the item used as an ingredient matches the item in the recipe EXACTLY? Rather than using its ID, it checks for matching names, or if the DataValues match.

2. Offline

fireblast709

ChocolateChoo for a lot of items, using a datavalue would do. Just make sure that your RPG item has a different datavalue than normally used, and use that same datavalue when registering your Shaped/ShapelessRecipe.

3. Offline

ChocolateChoo

fireblast709 I made a recipe for an RPGItem with the DataValues being different and it didn't work at all.
    If you or anyone is willing to edit the plugin (It is abandoned) for it to work with DataValues, here is the source for it:
    https://github.com/thinkofdeath/RPG-Items

Anyone who is willing to modify it, could you maybe add 2 or more additions to it?

I would really like Life Steal, the command to do it should be
    /rpgitem <name of item> power lifesteal <chance (1/x)> <amount to steal in half of hearts>

Another addition should be level requirements (depending on MineCraft levels) which adds text to the lore saying
    "Required Level: 12" 12 being changeable. This should be compatible with all types of items. The command should be
    /rpgitem <name of item> lvlreq <Level>
    The way the "Level Requirement" should work is when the player tries to left click or right click with a sword or whatever, it kind of "cancels" the player dealing damage, and since RPGItems has powers, any powers triggered by right or left clicking will also be canceled. When it comes to armour, its the same as the above but when the player moves the piece of armour SPECIFICALLY to any armour slot, it will clip back onto its original position. This should also cancel right clicking to equip armour. You can drop the items though, just not use them.

A last request should be pretty easy to make. True Damage. Anyone who plays RPGs knows what I mean.
    True Damage is when you hit an opponent with a sword that has True Damage, it ignores all the armour resistance and deals... "True" damage!
    The command should be:
    /rpgitem <name of item> power truedamage <chance (1/x)>

ONE QUICK LAST REQUEST! Making the item have the special enchant look without any enchantments?
    /rpgitem <name of item> enchant

SORRY IF IM ASKING FOR TOO MUCH! I just really loved this plugin and I cant seem to get the sequel to this plugin to work! (Its fan-made, heres the link: http://rpgitems2.webs.com/ )

4. Offline

Skionz

ChocolateChoo This is more of a plugin request and I am pretty sure we can't modify existing plugins.

5. Offline

ChocolateChoo

Skionz I guess you're right with the request at the end. Is there a thread where I can put this post in? I really want someone to continue developing on this plugin.

6. Offline

teej107

You can request this to be moved to the Plugin Requests section of the forums.

7. Offline

ChocolateChoo

teej107 Ill probably do this now

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.