I NEED HELP WITH MY MINECRAFT BUKKIT SERVER!?!?!!?

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by jon_r12, Apr 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

jon_r12

Ive made a server but when i opened start.bat it said that i had some java files corrupted so i installed the offline java which helped and when i made my server and everything (*i didnt install plug-ins yet) i port fowarded (i did it correctly im sure) and when i asked some of my friends to join my server they said that they cant reach the server (*Can't Reach Server) so i tried everything i can do i even reinstalled java and made it the online java so my java files werent corrupted but still they couldnt reach it i had 4 friends trying to join it but all of them said that they cant reach it PLEASE SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME ITS BEEN DRIVING ME NUTS ITS BEEN 3 DAYS WITH THIS PROBLEM I EVEN HAD OTHER PPL TO HELP BUT NO ONE CANT SO PLEASE SOMEONE FROM THE BUKKIT STAFF PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!

2. Offline

JWhy

Can you connect to 'localhost'?

3. Offline

JulianH

Like Jwhy said, if you can connect to your server but others can't, it's a port issue. Make sure 25565 UDP & TCP are forwarded.

4. Offline

astroskillz

It might be his router. I port forwarded my 25565 UDP/TCP port, nothing happens...

5. Offline

JulianH

Yeah, I had issues like that when I would test updates on my home computer. I would have to open all ports for it to work. On our dedi server though, we just need 25565 open.

6. Offline

jon_r12

well i cant connect to localhost i dont know why but i can only connect to my IPv4 address

and yes i did foward 25545 UDP/TCP port but still nothing and i cant connect to my own ip address only to my ipv4 address but sometimes it changes

but anyway thanks for all your helps guy if you can help me any further id really appreciate it! :D
    SO SOMEONE PLEASE STILL HELP :'(

no ones helping
    ..ok.....
    D':

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2016
  7. Offline

kittyc14

I have the same problem, I've had it before and it was just my internet connection lol. So i restarted my computer and that worked last time. I tried it this time but it didn't work. I've also port forwarded. But nothing :/ If you find an answer then tell me! I really want my server up again D':

8. Offline

JWhy

The hell... always leave server-ip blank in server.properties!

9. Offline

jon_r12

i did

thank you JWhy for trying to help :D id like if you can help me more
    i did leave server-ip blanked and i pot fowarded very good

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

10. Offline

jblanda

make sure your friends are using your External IP from whatismyip.com and your using your IPV4 address.

11. Offline

jon_r12

i do but both of them keep changing and i cant connect to my external ip

12. Offline

fredghostkyle1

i dont think your external IP changes. also it might be your internal IP.

13. Offline

JWhy

14. Offline

jon_r12

this is what it says:
    Error: I could not see your service on46.99.40.28 on port (25565)
    Reason: Connection timed out

15. Offline

JWhy

Anyways, can you post your server.log please?

16. Offline

jon_r12

ok here

my server.log is empty

17. Offline

jacklin213

before you portforward it's always a good practice to static your ip so it doesn't change.
    To do this u Can use a software called simplestaticip : http://www.pcwintech.com/simple-static-ip

18. Offline

jon_r12

no i fixed that problem
    my ip doesnt change anymore

thnx for help though :D

19. Offline

jacklin213

So what's the problem u have now?

20. Offline

frymaster

That's actually really common with home routers, the port forwarding only works for people outside the network.

If your internal (LAN) IP keeps changing, obviously that's going to be annoying because you'll have to change the port forwarding each time. Look into how to set your computer up with a static LAN IP.

fredghostkyle1 likes this.
  21. Offline

jacklin213

Lol he said it doesn't Change anymore -3- , already explain this part to him

22. Offline

jon_r12

well i i did fix that changing ip problem but still my friends cant join my server

i learned how with a DNS server i made a static lan IP it isnt chaning anymore

byt still when my friends try to join it says Can't reach server

23. Offline

Iroh

You set up a static ipv4 correct?

24. Offline

Archarin

Nice title.

JWhy likes this.
  25. Offline

jon_r12

yes i did set up a static ipv4

26. Offline

jacklin213

Are your friends joining with ur external ip?

27. Offline

Mister_Fix

WHY DO YOU FUCKING CAPS? IT MAKES YOU LOOK RETARDED!!!

28. Offline

jon_r12

yes i tell then to join to my external ip but it doesnt work cuz i cant connect to it either and i did portfoward good

but should i port foward with my ipv4 address or to my default gateway

29. Offline

JWhy

It's the same, your gateway is your router and you have your router IP.

30. Offline

jon_r12

i cant join to localhost either

well what should i do got anything else to help?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.