i need Sum help deciding

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by heeelp4, Aug 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

heeelp4

i've got one question. What do u guys Recomend Permissions 3.5.1 or permissionsbukkit?

2. Offline

ImminentFate

as of now, i would recommend learning bukkit's default permissions, because they've made it so that you pretty much have to use theirs. Other permissions ones may not work anymore

3. Offline

Supersam654

I also agree with @ImminentFate . PermissionsBukkit is a great plugin that utilizes the new and well supported Bukkit SuperPerms system. Although some plugins will not support it yet, there is a PermissionsBridge (found on the same page) that will make older plugins work with the new system. Additionally, Permissions 3.x is officially inactive meaning that you will not be receiving any more updates for it.

4. Offline

heeelp4

Thanks For your Recommendations, and I'll Probably help you if you need help.

also to make a website, should i go Webstarts or circlepad?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2016
  5. Offline

ImminentFate

well, i don't know anything about either, but i could recommend Webs.com
    they have some pretty good starter packs for free with good templates, easy setup and cheap rates if you upgrade

6. Offline

heeelp4

Thanks ill take a look

Also Um how do i keep my external 1 ip only mine just keeeps changing like every week.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

7. Offline

ImminentFate

well, if you don't turn off your router at all it should stay the same, but if you want one permanently you will have to buy one from your internet provider (ISP)

8. Offline

heeelp4

my router stays on for the whole year

the external keeps changing not my reg ip and ip gateway

9. Offline

ImminentFate

yeah, you will have to buy a static(non-changing) ip from your ISP, or purchase a worded ip or dns server such as Dyndns.org

10. Offline

heeelp4

There's only one problem with that. The problem is that I use magicjack for my phone, therefore i need a dynamic ip Address which I already have. So, is there another solution to that question?

But thanks anyway.

11. Offline

ImminentFate

your only other alternative is to host with another site or use something like dyndns

12. Offline

Supersam654

You don't need a dynamic IP for magic jack.

Also, check out no-ip.org to get an "ip address" that will always be the same (basically, you will get an ip like 123.no-ip.org which will always point to you).

13. Offline

heeelp4

Wow thanks ill check that out to

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.