I'm a total noob, and I'm so lost.

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Basilboy64, Feb 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Basilboy64

I feel actually kind of stupid asking what I think are a few simple questions.

First Question:
    I am confused as to why the "normal" members on my bukkit server cannot place certain blocks (ie. TNT, lava buckets etc.). How do I edit/change this?

Second Question:
    Why isn't their a "server window" like with "normal" MC servers? Is there a plugin to get/enable one?

2. Offline

zipron

Everyone ahs to start somewhere, so it's perfectly fine if you ask beginner questions =) your "normal" members probably cannot place lava/water/lava because of a plugin wich blocks this. If you have essentialsProtect or worldguard, you go to the config of them, and search for an option "disable lava-flow", "disable tnt",.. If you use BOTH plugins (essentialsProtect & worldguard) you'll have some issues because these plugins do the same things (worldguard does a lot more) and have conflicts. I reccomand using worldguard, so delete essentialsProtect.

if you have none of these plugins installed, please provide us a list of your plugins and also your server.properties file. Good thing to do is also send us the server.log file, so we can see what plugin blocks the placement of blocks.

Also possible is you try to place stuff in the spawn area. Only OPs can build there. so go away 20 blocks from spawn, and try putting blocks down there =) You can change the radius of spawn protection in the bukkit.yml file.

Good luck =)
    zipron

3. Offline

Basilboy64

What program do I use to open these files?
    the .yml and .db (I am using essentialsProtect) files?

4. Offline

MrRedLogan

Basilboy64 likes this.
  5. Offline

Basilboy64

Okay. So I installed worldguard and deleted the "essentialsProtect.jar" file. Are there any other files that I should delete?
    Other than that, I am completely lost. I feel like a failure as a server owner. :/

Thanks a lot for that, HUGE help.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2016
  6. Offline

MrRedLogan

like Zipron said. I myself was a total noob at one time. Go ahead and ask me anything you need to. The only thing I dont help with is perms. But as far as installing/configuring plugins i can help you all the way =)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.