[INACTIVE][ADMN] BCGuestUnlock v0.2 - Check if your guests have read the rules [1317]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by untergrundbiber, May 28, 2011.

1. Offline

untergrundbiber

BCGuestUnlock
    v0.2

Perhaps you know the situation:

You have rules on your homepage with a password at the end and the guest must show that he has read the rules by sending the password to the team.

And there the problem begins:
    The guest spam your team over and over with wrong passwords, or your team forgotten to promote on user because the guest only send the password to one of your team-member and he was AFK at this moment.

You know this?
    Then try BCGuestUnlock

The guest sends the right password with /bcunlock [password] an all your team-members become a message.

When the password is wrong, the guest becomes a message and your team will be spared from password-spam.

You can simple change the password in-game with the command /bcadmin [password]

You need Permission or GroupManager for this plug-in!

Download English Version
    Download German Version

Features:

• Check the unlock password from guests
    • Spare the nerves from the team
    Commands:

• /bcunlock [password] (Send the password to the team)
    • /bcadmin [password] (Change the password)
    Permissions:

• bcguestunlock.guest (User can send password with /bcunlock)
    • bcguestunlock.unlock (User becomes message when a guest send the right password)
    • bcguestunlock.admin (User can change the password)
    Changelog:

Version 0.2
    • Add password-check
    Version 0.1
    • Initial Release
    TODO:
    • Activation of the guests by team with /bcok or refusal /bcnot
    • Logging function
    • automatic kick from guests with more than x attempts (nr. of attempts or disable in Config and with command and possibly Costum Kick-Msg)
    • (statistics)
    • (Web-IF)

2. Offline

NickDaKing

Hot shit, man

3. Offline

speeddemon92

Great Idea! I think I will be adding this into my server framework. Great Work!

4. Offline

untergrundbiber

Ready for CB818, but i can't change the thread title.

5. Offline

Tux2

6. Offline

untergrundbiber

7. Offline

kahlilnc

What do you mean by 'team'?

8. Offline

untergrundbiber

Your server have no team or operators? Someone who make the support and so on?

9. Offline

kahlilnc

Oh so moderator or admin... I didn't understand when you kept saying team.

10. Offline

Hanswalter123

why its use lower and upercase?
    if a guest writes: baugenehmigung and not Baugenehmigung
    it dosnt work 4 me

11. Offline

untergrundbiber

On our servers we have case-sensitive passwords but i can make a option for non case-sentive in next version

12. Offline

Hanswalter123

that will make me very happy :)
    thanks

U can do it easy by adding
    equalsIgnoreCase

will there be an option with more than one password?

13. Offline

Kelvin Zhang

Thank you for this addon. I am definitely going to use this.

14. Offline

Pythros

Superb!

Anyway you can have a toggle option (/bcauto, with permission node) to auto change the guest to a Permissions/Group Manager group?

Also, a configurable message back to the guest if no admin/team/staff member is online if they get the password right?

And maybe have a password history of what the passwords have been set to? Curious because my server have something similar by have the guest type it into chat. We change the password nearly every other day because people give it out. So lets say, if a guest tried to use an old password, have a config to that it would either kick/ban the user and/or notify the staff/team or server that the guest tried to use an old password?

I know this is a bit to ask, but in my opinion, these would benefit others as well. :)

Thanks for making this plugin anyways!

15. Offline

Zottelchen

is this inactive?

16. Offline

untergrundbiber

Nope, it's a new version in dev and i tested it on our server but i am too busy at the moment

17. Offline

dannybtw

for some reason people cant use it it says you must be a guest?

18. Offline

Pythros

They need to have the bcguestunlock.guest permission node

19. Offline

dannybtw

20. Offline

Pythros

Post your permissions file.

21. Offline

MrMag518

this should been conntinued...

22. Offline

Pythros

El bumpe... inactive plugin?

23. Offline

joster222

so if a guest has typed the correct password, you add him as member and delete the unlock node? maybe you can make it so that it will make the guest automaticly a member (via bPermissions) with promoting him (/promote herpderp) and automaticly delete that node.

wups, i haven't thought about that, if a guest is promoted, it becomes a member and in the member permissions isn't that unlock node. sry dumb dumb me :D

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2016
  24. Offline

Pythros

I'm finishing up a plugin that does what you are asking. However, everything is hard coded at this point. I just created a page for it on Dev Bukkit. http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/bumpme/

25. Offline

md_5

Long time no see untergrundbiber. You will notice that this thread has now been placed into the Inactive Plugin subforum.
    If you wish to revive this plugin, please ensure that you update and test compatibility with the latest recommended Bukkit build before reporting your original post, asking for it to be moved back to the release forum.

Thanks for your time.
    md_5