[INACTIVE][ADMN] SimpleSave v3.25 Simple automatic saving! [000] - Backups!

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by desmin88, Mar 11, 2011.

1. Offline

desmin88

2. Offline

desmin88

Attention!
    SimpleSave requires no updates to work for 617+! So, well thats all.

3. Offline

fuzetsu490

Awesome I was wondering about this. I didn't see any errors in the terminal but I wanted to make sure :p
    Thanks!

4. Offline

joshgriff5

I feel like an idiot asking this but if i have this plugin on and my server gets greifed out. Can i like load an earlier save?

5. Offline

desmin88

This is getting hard for me to constantly write. If you would have read the first post, you have known that this is NOT a backup plugin. It CLEARLY states it sends /save-all to the server to autosave you world at defined intervals.
    I cannot help you with your problem because my plugin does not do what you think it does, and I have no idea how to came to think that this is what it does.

PS: Update soon for colors!

6. Offline

JTR1988

Possible to hide the save messages? I tried just leaving the space empty but it would still display the chat bar.

7. Offline

desmin88

Will do in 2.1 release. Should come today.

8. Offline

JTR1988

Great! Thanks man

9. Offline

desmin88

Version 2.0.4

• Compiled with Bukkit 495. You can now select if you want to broadcast messages

New version adds a new setting in config file. Reccomended to delete the file and let it regenerate, otherwise it wont broadcast messages.

10. Offline

Senki

11. Offline

burningacidsdk

First, this plugin is epic.. its lightwight and easy to use..
    handels saves on my Server really god :D

But .. can you make it so that i can add Color in the Broadcasted Message??

Would be awesome

Yours faithfully

12. Offline

desmin88

@Senki
    Fixed
    @burningacidsdk
    I will in next update, I'm still not entirely sure how to use colors, but I'm almost done.

EDIT:
    I failed majorly on colors. Update to 2.1 today allowing custom colors.

13. Offline

nitroxygen

great mod to bad it crashes my server @desmin88

14. Offline

desmin88

Please copy and paste your config.properties in the SimpleSave folder,
    also, your CraftBukkit version with the other plugins you have.

15. Offline

nitroxygen

config file
    Plugins: Residence,Permissions,ichat,Simple Save,dynmap,scrap bukkit, craftbukkituptodate, heroic death, plgsetspawn,whitelist, xwarp

16. Offline

desmin88

@nitroxygen
    Can you do a /version for me so I can get your CB version?

17. Offline

nitroxygen

oh sorry its verion 617

18. Offline

desmin88

Hmm. I was unable to reproduce your errors with your exact config file
    I reccomend deleting your SimpleSave.jar and the SimpleSave folder and retrying.
    If that doesnt work, try removing plugins till the error doesn't occur.

19. Offline

JDD

Crash after 2-3 hours of running
    CB version 617
    Plugins:

• Code:
          AssignPermissions
          Backup
          BlockCantKeepUpSpam
          CommandBook
          CraftBukkitUpToDate
          DelayedStop
          dynmap
          HelpPages
          iAuction
          iChat
          iConomy
          Lottery
          LWC
          MagicCarpet
          mcMMo
          MinecraftRkitPlugin
          Permissions
          SimpleSave
          SimpleShop
          SpawnX
          Vanish
          Whitelist
          WorldEdit
          WorldGuard

Code:
    23:47:17 [SEVERE] java.lang.NullPointerException
    23:47:17 [SEVERE]       at org.desmin88.simplesave.SimpleSave$SaveMethod.run(Sim
    pleSave.java:55)
    23:47:17 [SEVERE]       at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.scheduler.CraftScheduler.mainT
    hreadHeartbeat(CraftScheduler.java:122)
    23:47:17 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServe
    r.java:356)
    23:47:17 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftSer
    ver.java:283)
    23:47:17 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(Sour
    ceFile:375)
    23:47:17 [SEVERE] Unexpected exception
    java.lang.NullPointerException
            at org.desmin88.simplesave.SimpleSave$SaveMethod.run(SimpleSave.java:55)

at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.scheduler.CraftScheduler.mainThreadHeartbeat(C
    raftScheduler.java:122)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:356)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:283)
            at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:375)
    >

20. Offline

desmin88

There is no real reason why this would be happening, except a problem with Bukkit or other plugins.

21. Offline

fuzetsu490

Code:
    01:41:11 [SEVERE] java.lang.NullPointerException
    01:41:11 [SEVERE]       at org.desmin88.simplesave.SimpleSave$SaveMethod.run(Sim
    pleSave.java:55)
    01:41:11 [SEVERE]       at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.scheduler.CraftScheduler.mainT
    hreadHeartbeat(CraftScheduler.java:122)
    01:41:11 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServe
    r.java:356)
    01:41:11 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftSer
    ver.java:283)
    01:41:11 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(Sour
    ceFile:375)
    01:41:11 [SEVERE] Unexpected exception
    java.lang.NullPointerException
            at org.desmin88.simplesave.SimpleSave$SaveMethod.run(SimpleSave.java:55)

at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.scheduler.CraftScheduler.mainThreadHeartbeat(C
    raftScheduler.java:122)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:356)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:283)
            at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:375)
    I'm getting the same error. I get booted of the server and then this error shows up in the log :/
    This is 10 minutes after starting up, when it first tries to save.

22. Offline

desmin88

I have no idea why this is happening. I made a brand new test server, re downloaded the plugin and regenerated the config file, and nobody gets booted or errors in console.

I suggest deleting your SimpleSave folder. This might clear up the issue. When it regenerates, it should fix the issue.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2016
  23. Offline

JDD

Just going to let you know I just got the error again going to reboot and reinstall simple save

24. Offline

nitroxygen

well reinstalling it worked for me, but it still does not explain why the error happened, it could do it again.

25. Offline

desmin88

@nitroxygen
    Actually it does. In the 2.0.4 update, I added a new option in the config.properties. If you did not delete your old config.properties, and let it regenerate it would error out since the plugin is trying to read an option not there.

26. Great plugin man. Really dig it. Maybe you could implement a specific-time auto-save feature, for example it might look the following in the conf file
    Code:
    save-at-times: 12:00 ; 19;00 
    I'm currently running a backup script thats cronjobbed; it saves twice a day at 12:00pm and 7:00pm. It would be awesome if this plugin could auto-save at set-times, before my script backs up the server files and tars it into an archive folder.

27. Offline

desmin88

I'll look into getting that into the 2.1 update along with colors.

Attention!
    To all have errors, are you server multiworld?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

28. Offline

ichingpow

Wow. This plugin broke my server for almost 24 hours and now I have a crowd of people pissed at me. Great.

29. Offline

desmin88

@ichingpow
    Oh really nao? And how did my plugin 'break' your server for 24 hours? Theres no possible way of the plugin doing this. It was either other plugins, your malconfiguration of the server, ignorance, or any mix of the aformentioned.
    If I'm wrong, please enlighten me.

Changelog:
    Version 2.1

• Added customizable colors!
    • More robust config file checking. Will tell you if your using an old version or if its broken.
    • Version checking! Checks if the version your using matches the config file for concurrency.
    • Config file checks are much more efficient.
    • Must delete config file and let it regenerate. It allows for the new options and config file checking
    Wooh! Big update, I should have ironed out all of the bugs, and I believe none are now present.
    Basically, with this update you must delete your config.properties file. It will generate a new one with the new options and one called version. The version property will match the plugins set version to the files set version and see if they match, if not, it tells you to let it regenerate. If you don't delete your config.properties file for 2.1, SimpleSave will tell you and then not work.

Enjoy!

30. Offline

ichingpow

Sorry for my short, inaccurate and ignorant post. Please forgive me. It took me quite a while to realise that your plugin was causing a weird issue with bukkit as I never had any problems with it prior and it's not a huge/complex plugin(Although a lot of work programming it). I reinstalled my VPS and redownloaded bukkit and all of my 28 plugins and reconfigured them, except yours and auto message (irrelevant). I had the issue again. Then I realised that after start, SimpleSave started throwing null pointer exceptions (2 of them). I didn't expect it would causes catastrophic failure as many plugins throw null pointers sometimes and still work fine. I removed SimpleSave and bukkit worked fine again without crashing and causing everyone to time out.

It was most likely caused by my stupidity, not deleting the configuration file. I am very delighted to see that you have included a detector. I will reinstall your plugin soon as the 2.1 update looks very promising. (And delete the configuration file this time :p )

31. Offline

desmin88

Good. I see you understand and I'm glad by this. Hope you enjoy the plugin!