[SEC/MECH/FUN] PreciousStones - Block Area Proteciton System [BukkitDev]

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Releases' started by phaed, Jan 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

phaed

2. Offline

JaredKey

Nice, can it be adjusted for other blocks, ie, stone?

3. Offline

Abecbu

Wonderful Idea
    Ill test it out

4. Not sure if you realise that this mod - alone - could replace the cuboid protection that pretty much all servers rely on. It's super-brilliant! Hope it works, and thanks for adding a config file - any chance of the source code?

5. Offline

phaed

Will add to todo list

6. Offline

subram

Sounds sexy ;) ty

7. Offline

phaed

It's included in the jar file. :D Extract with with Winrar or somethign similar.

8. Offline

Survivorman

This is truly a good ideal. You can have all blocks placed by a player protected just as the diamond is. Allow players to add friends to a list for them to be able to co-op and such.
    It has flaws but with the right limitations could be really useful.

9. Offline

feverdream

I love this idea, but would love to see a few things

1. The ability to activate this per user.
    2. The ability to configure it for any given type of block, per user.
    3. Source released so people can study it and learn about the API.

10. Offline

jacobc436

Unfortunately, this can be used as a griefer's tool, placing blocks that can't be desroyed can prevent people from building onto their own buildings, or even keeping them from changing it.

Edit: Please do not quote OP (silentspy), there is reply to a thread for a reason.

11. Offline

phaed

Very true. But I think in a moderated server with rules in place this doesnt become a problem at all. Moderators can /tp to the block in question and view the owners name and he can be warned and the offending block removed. It might even help catch troublemakes in your comminity but I doubt theres any motivation out there for griefing with gold and diamond that always carries your signature.

I could see how there could be a poblem in completely unmoderatted servers as there wont be anyone to respond to the community.

Planning on all three. As for the per user activation I will add it after bukkit gets its groups functionality.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2016
  12. Hey, tested this now and it works great!!! I don't know why people would want to add Stone (?) but it would be awesome if you added a few other blocks that are currently Admin only, such as Sponge, which could then be used to protect Cities and suchlike. Maybe add a line UseSponge=true above its radius? or check and if Radius=-1 then its not treated as a special block at all. Anyway literally adding Sponge would be awesome - hey, since you log the special placed blocks, please add Bedrock too, since normal bedrock would be unaffected but that would give me an easy way to stop people messing near Admin structures I make eg/spawn welcome house.
    Hope you have time to add those! Thanks!

Next idea, one config line like Warn=true - if "true" then the code you already have that blocks protected blocks also says "Owned by corumanime".. would help prevent confusion.

Again, thanks for this awesome mod! And the source! Now, if I can find someone to help me set up the dependencies in Netbeans.. :b
    --- merged: Jan 19, 2011 6:00 PM ---
    p.s. can anyone tell me where to get the dependencies to be able to re-compile this plugin's source using NetBeans? Bukkit.org seems to keep telling me its not released. Thanks! extra credit for telling me how to link them to NetBeans because I'm a nub, sorry but I'm being honest!

p.p.s. Could really use a list of blocks to allow clicking on, eg/buttons, like:
    allowedblocks=77,70,69,72,64
    OR..
    have it intecept when a block is actually broken, not just clicked, so doors, levers, etc still work unless they actually try to break it.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

13. Offline

phaed

Oh I see. ok ill add that next.

14. Offline

Raphfrk

Does this prevent nearby block placement as well?

15. Offline

phaed

Yes it prevents block placement in protected areas.

16. Offline

b10

is this working for bukkit v66 ? and can you make it so it only protects braking the block's but not placing around the blocks ?

17. Offline

ToitagL

Fucking genious. But doesn't seem to work (do not load) on #92.

Code:
    GRAVE: Could not load plugins\PreciousStones.jar in plugins: null
    org.bukkit.plugin.InvalidPluginException
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.loadPlugin(JavaPluginLoader.j
    ava:83)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugin(SimplePluginManager.
    java:115)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugins(SimplePluginManager
    .java:80)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugins(CraftServer.java:43)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.e(MinecraftServer.java:153)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.c(MinecraftServer.java:140)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.d(MinecraftServer.java:104)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:177)
            at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:512)
    Caused by: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
            at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Sou
    rce)
            at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Unknown Source)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.loadPlugin(JavaPluginLoader.j
    ava:81)
            ... 8 more
    Caused by: while scanning a simple key
     in "<reader>", line 7, column 1:
        bypass-list:VladvonDrac,P0temkin
        ^
    could not found expected ':'
     in "<reader>", line 7, column 33:

^

at org.yaml.snakeyaml.scanner.ScannerImpl.removePossibleSimpleKey(Scanne
    rImpl.java:456)
            at org.yaml.snakeyaml.scanner.ScannerImpl.fetchStreamEnd(ScannerImpl.jav
    a:521)
            at org.yaml.snakeyaml.scanner.ScannerImpl.fetchMoreTokens(ScannerImpl.ja
    va:248)
            at org.yaml.snakeyaml.scanner.ScannerImpl.checkToken(ScannerImpl.java:18
    3)
            at org.yaml.snakeyaml.parser.ParserImpl$ParseBlockMappingKey.produce(Par
    serImpl.java:564)
            at org.yaml.snakeyaml.parser.ParserImpl.peekEvent(ParserImpl.java:163)
            at org.yaml.snakeyaml.parser.ParserImpl.checkEvent(ParserImpl.java:148)
            at org.yaml.snakeyaml.composer.Composer.composeMappingNode(Composer.java
    :228)
            at org.yaml.snakeyaml.composer.Composer.composeNode(Composer.java:160)
            at org.yaml.snakeyaml.composer.Composer.composeDocument(Composer.java:12
    2)
            at org.yaml.snakeyaml.composer.Composer.getSingleNode(Composer.java:105)

at org.yaml.snakeyaml.constructor.BaseConstructor.getSingleData(BaseCons
    tructor.java:124)
            at org.yaml.snakeyaml.Yaml.load(Yaml.java:264)
            at org.bukkit.util.config.Configuration.load(Configuration.java:62)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.<init>(JavaPlugin.java:46)
            at com.bukkit.Phaed.PreciousStones.PreciousStones.<init>(PreciousStones.
    java:54)
            ... 13 more

18. Offline

Beatkidz

Love this. really.. can't get enough of this plug-in. just one thing
    PLEASE: make a command so players can add people to there areas
    so others can build there too.
    /pstone add <name>
    /pstone remove <name>

and would be viewed like:

Protected
    Owner:Beatkidz
    Allowed:Larry,Curly,Hoe

19. Offline

fffizzz

Shouldnt that be Moe? :)

20. Offline

Beatkidz

One more thing:
    Since most of these blocks will be underground it would be nice to check the ownership of the area
    from the protected blocks. Right click with tool on protected blocks displays info to.

and yeah.. maybe that should have been Moe. [​IMG]

Another Idea:
    the ability for OP's (atm) and in the future certain groups to add/remove ownership to blocks.
    so if i want to give plots in the main town i can easily do so.
    After right clicking on block or the protected blocks it creates with tool (or certain block/item/tool set in config)
    i could use the command
    /pstone owner <username>
    and it changes the ownership of the selected stone
    ALSO:
    /pstone remove
    and it would delete the stone protecting the selected area
    just in case a griefer hides one really deep and height is set high

21. Offline

Incendia

Any way we could get the ability to add owners to blocks? I'd like to share my blocks with my gf so we can renovate with ease.

22. Offline

ToitagL

Ok, I made it works. The issue was with the by-pass config : if I don't put a space between the ":" and my pseudo, plugin do not load. But even loaded, I can't bypass by natural means. I need WorldEdit. No big deal, but wanted to tell you :)

Thanks again !

Build #92
    WorldEdit
    WorldGuard
    General
    GroupUsers
    GeneralEssentials
    MagicCarpet
    MyHome
    MyWarp
    WarpGate
    iConomy
    HotSwap
    PreciousStones

23. btw,when someone places a diamond block it needs to check if another diamond block is near but not just within its radius but DOUBLE that to ensure no overlap - but allow blocks with the SAME owner so ppl can expand their own houses just not impinge on others' areas.

24. Offline

mrgreaper

loved 1.1 were reluctant to go to 1.2 for a couple of reasons
    1: we spent hours deploying protective diamonds and gold
    2: we hate yml files, the 1.1 yml file was ok the 1.2 seems a bit complicated

thank you though for the plugin (as i say 1.1 is awsome)

25. Offline

Beatkidz

Thanks for the add-ons. everything is looking great.
    i support this plug-in 100%
    its the Best protection systems for SMP ever.

26. Offline

phaed

1) No need to worry about those, they are read in seamlessly, just run 1.2 and you will have everything as it was on 1.1, the stones that were placed will be there on 1.2 with their proper owner. (had to do an extra bit of coding to add this conversion functionality just for this reason, I also have a large server with several hundred stones placed and didn't want to have to replace them :))

2) Yea they are weird, but this is bukkit and everything is gonna be using yml so better start getting used to it. Though if you look at the default config.yml file which comes inside the PreciousStones1.2 zip file, you can see that it emulates the default configuration of 1.1, with diamond as the only protection stone and gold as the only unbreakable stone, so no need to worry on that front either, default gameplay won't change with the update.

27. Offline

mrgreaper

thanks for the reply, we will update it on next server update (we were doing 2 daily lol) we extended diamond to 5 blocks in every direction and made gold do 3 blocks in every direction, as we felt diamond and gold blocks are hard to comeby

we did find a bug with 1.1 (may be fixed on 1.2) we have two admins on our server moleking82uk and mrgreaper (the wonderful and almost perfect ME! (*almost perfect, i need to be far less modest to be perfect)) both added to the ignore list but stuff moleking82uk has protected refuses to allow me to smash (i was helping him with his house or trying to)

28. Offline

phaed

Yes this has been fixed :)

29. Offline

mrgreaper

ah cool, thank you

30. Offline

Fleder

let me get this straight

i am able to go to my already created map and choose which blocks should be unbreakable?
    i dont have to do a completely new building or something?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.