Increased Mob Spawns

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by omnirusted, Apr 4, 2011.

1. Offline

omnirusted

I've been looking through the list of plugins for this, but is there anything that INCREASES mob spawns? I see several that control/prevent mobs spawning, but I find the amount of mobs being spawned in the game is simply too low for my server.

This is half suggestion, half "did I search wrong".

2. Offline

MisanthropX

3. Offline

omnirusted

I saw that this one restricts mobs, but can it also be used to increase them?

4. Offline

LlmDl

What about a plugin that changes the respawn rate? I /butcher mobs, kill 800 of them and type /butcher immediately afterwards and it kills 800 more. I want the server to be spending less resources on keeping the server at the maximum allowed limit of animals and monsters.

5. Offline

bryand

i am also looking for a plugin that increase spawn rate. it would help me out alot

6. Offline

MisanthropX

Woah ey, have you even read what is possible with that plugin?
    NO YOU HAVE NOT!
    And thats why you are still bothering others and bump this thread because you weren't able or too lazy to read that
    *makes me angry*
    http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/me...b-entidex-control-mob-spawn-1-1-527-575.7773/

to quote some text of the plugin:

This value can be 120%, 1000% or 10000% .... just try it.

7. Offline

omnirusted

I was wondering if that would work. It wasn't really defined in the text. Thanks!

EDIT: Just tried it in-game. If you try and put any percentage above 100% it says "Error: Invalid Percentage". This plugin does not increase mob spawns.

8. Offline

MisanthropX

o.o thats sad then, I think i have to bother @Nijikokun a BIT! >: O

Sorry for getting mad, wasn't supposed to be mean :O

9. Offline

omnirusted

It's fine. I thought it might at first too when I first read it. I think that's the FIRST time I've seen a plugin use that error. Let's just hope some magnanimous dev out there sees our plea and makes our plugin! Also the radius thing was cool, since I'd rather have them in my mob grinder than outside my front door >_>;

10. Offline

Lodran

I know it isn't what you're looking for, but there's creaturebox.

11. Offline

omnirusted

Thanks Lodran. It's not exactly what I'm looking for, but it would at least make player mob grinders viable instead of worthless in the interim that I'm waiting for this plugin. My hope is to (honestly) overrun my server with mobs, forcing my players to think on their feet, and changing gameplay to be more about survival and danger than building big fancy structures.

12. Offline

Monkah

I hear you.

Lets hope they do something like this.

13. Offline

omnirusted

Bumping for interest, since I see other people making threads about this. Is there any kind dev who is interested in helping us?

14. Offline

omnirusted

Wow, still no dev willing to help us? :(

15. Offline

bryand

come on! my server will not be cool without this :'(

16. Offline

omnirusted

Waiting for a good dev :(

Any updates on this? Daily bump.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2016
  17. Offline

MisanthropX

Nijikokun left us? D:
    *prays to niji to update the plugin*
    and the plugins shall tremble they said :O
    Well, we just can wait and hope.
    Nijikokun seems to be busy the last weeks.

18. Offline

omnirusted

Poking this thread again.

19. Challenge accepted! :) I can make one that will (on a user set timer), spawn a random mob (or mobs (user set value or random)), within a user set distance of any player (default 200 blocks). Can you maybe suggest a few names for this as me and names have never got along ;)

20. Offline

omnirusted

AntiAntiMobSpawn?

P.S.: You're my hero

21. Offline

bryand

if u make this, i will love u

22. I aim to please ;) I will start on this soon :)

23. I'm going to wait till the Minecraft 1.5 version of Bukkit is out before continuing this plugin because I don't know what kind of changes are going to be in the new version and I don't want to have to make to much for myself :) It should be within a couple of days (both the plugin and the new version of Bukkit:) )

24. Offline

omnirusted

Totally understandable. As long as SOMEONE is working on it.

25. Almost done, just finishing off the testing. Should be out very soon. Sorry for the slight delay :)

26. Offline

omnirusted

Anything is better than nothing! We love you!

27. It is done! Now to wait for it to be accepted. I give you, Horde! :)

28. Offline

omnirusted

All praise the Sam_Lex!