Infinite chests (but not sign based)

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by Ketrel, Jun 14, 2011.

1. Offline

Ketrel

I'm hoping someone could make an infinite chest plugin that works like this.

1. Place a chest down

2. Put cursor over chest

3. type command like /infinitechest on
    (for ops only, or permission based)

4. chest under cursor becomes infinite such that items can be placed in, but removing an item, while it gives it to you, does not remove it from the chest.

5. putting cursor over chest and command like /infinitechest off
    (for ops only, or permission based)

6. chest is now a normal chest again

This would allow for
    1. no need to clutter with signs
    2. no requirement to put a sign in any specific spot relative to the chest
    3. a chest with all sorts of mixed items rather than a specific item type
    4. plugin wouldn't have to keep track of items at all, it would just need to prevent affected chest from actually losing the items while the player still gains the item in their inventory

2. Offline

Nitnelave

Well, my plugin allows you to have infinite chests and dispensers, but of only one type... DispenserRefill. If you post a request there, I may look into it...

3. Offline

Ketrel

I looked over your plugin, it doesn't seem close enough to do what I'm asking without completely changing how yours works.

4. Offline

Jayjay110

its easy, just get the chests contents and the block its at, when the chest is interacted get the contents and just keep re-adding it baack to the chest, i could walk u thorugh it if u want

5. Offline

Ketrel

Yes, that's exactly the type of method I was referring to.
    The only other thing is the not wanting to use signs, but co-ords (defined and undefined by commands)

6. Offline

WMisiedjan

I'll look into this for my plugin Infchests. I just figured out a way to easily make SQLLite database saving! Could be released tonight.

7. Offline

Jayjay110

Dw it will be easy :)

8. Offline

Ketrel

Sweet. I look forward to this.

9. Offline

Nitnelave

Wait, is anyone actually doing this, or am I the only one who said I'd have a look? Also, is there a chestquitting event or something? or should I save which player was in a chest, and when they interact with something else, I reset the chest's contents?

10. Offline

Ketrel

It looked like WMisiedjan said he was going to look into doing it, but I'm not sure.

11. Offline

Ketrel

Guessing not (or forgot)

12. Offline

Nitnelave

I'll see if I can do womething. Will use bukkitContrib for that ,I think.

13. Offline

Inf

Also look into phatloots, it does all what OP needs!

14. Offline

Ketrel

I'm looking at the info for that, it doesn't look like it does at all other than the fact it's not sign based.

15. Offline

Inf

1. Yep you place a chest!

2. Yes, you need cursor over the chest! ( /loot make [Name] ) may have to do some other settings here...

3. Oh, ye here it isnt like you wanted it, you have to fill the chest with commands... BUT! once you fill it you can link other chest to the same loot. So you only have to define it once... also it has permissions!

4. It is now an infinite chest!

5. Yep, you can dissable a chest!

6. After /loot unlink [Name] chest is normal!

So tell me where doesnt it do what you asked for? I dont know what you need it for, but Im sure I allready use it for the same thing xP

16. Offline

Nitnelave

How exactly infinite is it? I mean, do you replace the chest's contents every time a user opens it? And if you add items to the chest, do they also become infinite? I think what he wanted was to have a chest that, even when open, you could take as much as you want out of it and it would get replaced instantaneously, but you could add stuff to it and they would (also) become infinite.

17. Offline

Inf

No need to replace, it resets on a set time, or if that time is small then it will be infinite. Players cant add to the chest only trough command can new items be added.

18. Offline

Ketrel

Yes, this is what I was asking. The other one he linked looks more like it should be the reward system at the end of a maze or similiar.

Especially with this line

19. Offline

TMAC_Kratos

so far i got an infinite chest plugin, no its not command based (yet, yes said yet, its on my to do list), no its not easy to hide signs (yet, yes i said yet, its on my to do list), its my first plugin, based off of another plugin, has permissions and easy sign makeing, check it out if your still looking for an infinite chest plugin, its in my signature