Inactive [INFO/ADMIN] LogBlock v1.54 - Enderdragon Logging! Tree Grow Logging! [1.4.5]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by DiddiZ, Feb 15, 2011.

1. Offline

DiddiZ

Version: 1.50​
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Find and Backroll those Damn Griefers
    LogBlock release are on DevBukkit:
    http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/logblock/

LogBlock dev builds:
    http://ci.kitteh.org/job/LogBlock/

Please read the installation guide

I won't port LogBlock myself to mcAPI. Source code is available, so it shouldn't be to difficult for someone else to do it, also I'm still here. so I can answer questions. If there is more than one willing, that's up to you to handle that.

The reasons I take this step, are the usual: I quit playing Minecraft about 5 months ago and lastly I was struggling to keep up with updates. The developement of Guardian made slow progress, so I fear it won't be ready to fully replace LB in time.

Download latest dev build: Jenkins
    View the source code: GitHub
    Table of contents:
    1. Description
    2. Features
    3. Why to use LogBlock
    4. Example command
    5. Older versions
    6. Change log
    7. Todo list / feature requests
    8. Permission nodes
    9. Plugins supporting this
    10. Support the dev
    11. How to post error messages
    12. Advertizing
    Description:

LogBlock logs block changes into a MySQL database. Block changes can be placed or destroyed block, explosions, burned blocks, sign text changes, chest access, leaves decay etc.
    It can be used as griefer identification tool, to find out who build a particular building, or even roll back changes by certain players. Other purposes can be e.g: Undoing of forest fires
    All additional features are optional, to keep the database as short as possible. All database actions run in their own threads to avoid server lags.
    The use of permissions plugin (or any clone) is possible, but not necessary.
    Uses Spout for chest logging (but it's fully optional, and there is no need for the client mod at all).

Features:
    • Logging for block placing, block braking, fire, explosions, leaves decay, signtexts, lava flow and chest content
    • Very mighty commands system, not only allowing to rollback and redo, but also to tp to blockchanges, delete log ingame etc. Full list of commands.
    • Many parameters for lookup/rollback/redo/tp/clearlog commands: Block changes of one ore more player, in a specific area, in a world edit selection, specific block types only, block changes older or newer that a specific date, destroyed/created block only, in a different world and combinations of all these parameters. Full list of parameters.
    • Rebuilding map after importing a backup (/lb redo)
    • Last parameter to use the parameters of the last command
    • Quick ingame lookup of block history a wood pickaxe or a bedrock block.
    • All commands accessible from console (exept tools :D)
    • Custom queries for tools.
    • Different tool modes (lookup, rollback, redo, writelogfile and clearlog)
    • Saves block data like wool color, log type, torch adjustment, etc
    • Multiworld and multiserver support (some servers sharing the same database)
    • BigBrother log import
    • Loggable super pickaxe plugin (not to confuse with WorldEdit's super pickaxe)
    • API
    • Webstats
    Why to use LogBlock:

Example commands: (thanks to tha d0ctor, read more about commands here)

/lb rollback player fire since 1d3h – rolls back fire 1 day 3 hours
    /lb rollback player fire since 1d3h area 15 – rolls back fire 1 day 3 hours within a radius of 15 blocks

/lb rollback player thad0ctor since 1h - rolls back thad0ctor 1 hour
    /lb rollback player thad0ctor since 1d area 5 – rolls back thad0ctor actions for the last day within 5 blocks
    /lb rollback area 10 since 1h30m - rolls back all modifications within 10 blocks since the list 1 hours and 30 mins
    /lb rollback area 10 before 06.11.2011 - roll back all changes in an area of 1o before June 11th, 2011
    /lb rollback player thad0ctor since 05:36:00 - roll back all changes of thad0ctor since 05:36 (server time)

Download, Command, Configuration and Details:
    [​IMG]http://diddiz.insane-architects.net/logblock.php

Changelog:
    -> Full changelog
    • LogBlock v1.50 # 81 (Dez. 13, 2011)
      Works with CraftBukkit 1.0.1-R1
      • Feature: /lb me shows the total block count
      • Feature: Chest logging without spout
      • Feature: Enderdragon logging
      • Feature: Logging for tree and mushroom grow (thanks to MD5 for the api)
      • Fix: Area param works again with default radius
      • Fix: Rollbacks got slowed down a bit to avoid rare server crashes
      • Fix: If mysql username, password or database only consist of unquoted numbers, LB will read them now
      • Config: World configs changed totally, some names changed and all logging options are now in an own section
    • LogBlock v1.41 #63 (Nov. 15, 2011)
      Works with CraftBukkit recommended build #1337
      • Fix: Players with spawnTools permission are no longer allowed to spawn all tools.
      • Fix: Added a check to avoid "The permission xy is already defined!" errors
    • LogBlock v1.40 #60 (Nov. 09, 2011)
      Works with CraftBukkit recommended build #1337
      • Feature: Custom auto ClearLog
      • Feature: Reduced error spam. Instead of like 40 line of error code, there is now just a warning stating the MySQL con
      • Feature: The queue will now be dumped after 10 tries even when the MySQL server is connected
      • Feature: Custom material names, allows naming custom blocks
      • Feature: LogBlock will now respond to messages when started without MySQL connection
      • Fix: Log import runs now async
      • Fix: Log import errors won't crash the server
      • Fix: Console commands work again
      • Fix: You can now use upper case letter in tool names (I don't know why you even should, but ...)
      • Config: Added clearlog.auto, clearlog.enableAutoClearlog in main config. Added materials.yml. Removed clearlog.keepLogDays
      • Permissions: Added 'logblock.spawnTools'
    • LogBlock v1.32 (Oct. 04, 2011)
      Works with CraftBukkit recommended build #1240
      • Feature: Player info logging: firstLogin, lastLogin, onlinetime, ip. No ingame lookup yet.
      • Feature: /lb queuesize to see the current queue size
      • Fix: Door logging logs now also fence gates
      • Fix: Bukkit api break in CB #1191
      • Fix: time restriction works now as intended. Thanks to xrobau
      • Fix: Players with insufficient permissions can't smuggle bedrock from one world to another
      • Config: Added logPlayerInfo
    • LogBlock v1.30 (Sep. 22, 2011)
      Works with CraftBukkit recommended build #1185
      • Feature: Chat lookup /lb chat player diddiz search +admin +sucks +dicks (more info)
      • Feature: Door logging
      • Feature: Dynamic tools, define your own tools
      • Feature: Use since and before to define a timespan
      • Feature: Enderman logging
      • Feature: cake logging (who ate it)
      • Config: Added logEndermen, logCakes and logDoors to world config and moved the tool section in main config.
      • Permissions: logblock.tool changed to logblock.tools.tool and
        logblock.toolblock to logblock.tools.toolblock.
    Todo List:

https://github.com/LogBlock/LogBlock/issues

Permission Nodes:
    https://github.com/LogBlock/LogBlock/wiki/Permissions

Plugins supporting Logblock:
    List (open)

When you want to appear your plugin here, tell me about

Support the developer (that's me :D):
    If you want to support me writing plugins or want to thank me for the plugin/support, you can: Suggest features I missed, report bugs (best with fix :D), donate via PayPal, flattr my plugins, gift me The Witcher 2 (thanks to newyoukdaily), 2x 1GB DDR1 modules (thanks to HonestFlames), or send me the inner life of a laptop or netbook with a broken display (need it to build a model aircraft, so there is no need for parts like display and keyboard).

[​IMG]

How to post error messages:

I won't aswer questions to general MySQL setup/installation/what is MySQL (there are lots of good tutorials out there, use google)
    Please read the installation guide before asking a question about installation problems.
    Please read the FAQ before posting a error report. It may be solved there.
    In case of rollback or lookup problems: Type /lb savequeue and try again (when it's fixed then, it was a consumer problem, see FAQ)
    When you post error messages, it's important to paste the whole stack trace!

Advertizing:
    Newyorkdailys Plugin Support Buisness (open)
    Still can't get LogBlock working, or any other plugin? Are you getting errors in your console and cant figure out why? Newyorkdaily offers Basic/Advanced Plugin support.
    • General/Advanced troubleshooting: FREE!
    • Plugin Installations: 1-2 Plugins - FREE!
    • 3 or More Plugins - $2
    Click on the link below to connect to him now!
    http://wbe001.mibbit.com/?settings=7cb4fd3cdd72754df475fb92a0b65f6c&server=irc.Mibbit.Net&channel=#CBPluginSupport

There is a LogBlock irc channel: #logblock at irc.esper.net.
    You can ask me on skype. My name is 'hawky.diddiz'.

2. Offline

Kane

I been looking for this for weeks now and you have finally brought my love home. Couple of questions.

1) does it still do the collect a bunch data then put into sql to prevent over i/o usage and such. I know some people did bad job and caused each block to query sql.

2) can I keep using my old database or should I start fresh?

3) Are you planning on keeping this going over time?

4) Requests: If your good at efficiency I would really love to see other things be logged too in the future maybe a separate table. Things like chest logging, doors,switches,buttons and maybe chat too?

Anyways thanks so much for this. Going to bed but will try in the morning!

3. Offline

anon

SQLite suport plox <3

4. Offline

Kane

I personally would not suggest sqlite unless your a VERY small server. MySQL takes like 10 secs to install these days.

5. Offline

DiddiZ

Yes

You could, I think

If bootswithdefer doesn't claim an interest oh this, I will

Yes, the extra table isn't used atm. Signs ans colored wool (or wood types) are needed to (re)implement. Chest logging in an extra table would be great.
    --- merged: Feb 16, 2011 3:12 AM ---
    It's possible, but not really advisable ...
    --- merged: Feb 16, 2011 3:14 AM ---
    I also have clear out the code, it got a bit messy after I was done with it ;)

6. Offline

Kane

Thanks @DiddiZ will give her a shot tomorrow!

7. Offline

anon

I'm dumb and never messed around with sql before [​IMG]
    Currently run a server on centos. Just did yum install mysql-server mysql php-mysql then i set the password. Download the mysql-connector-java-bin.jar and put on bukkit folder. I have no idea how to do this: "SQL tables Required, execute this SQL statement on your MySQL server"

halp

8. Offline

AntonyDream

Multiple worlds supported?
    Can you add rollback by chosen blocks?

9. Offline

oliverw92

As with the person above - are multiple worlds supported and automagically detected?

Few feature requests

- Rollback in a radius around you
    - Use * to specify all players, to be used in conjuction with rolling back in a radius
    - Rollback a certain block type
    - Is there any need for it to be /lb area <radius>, could it not just be /lb <radius> ?

10. Offline

ShaDooM

finally some competition for bigbrother again :D
    thanks for porting this :)

11. Offline

Juze

That would be a complete copy of BigBrother.

By the way, unofficial BigBrother works with MySQL but not with SQLite. :) Nice port though, this may come in handy.

12. Offline

oliverw92

Wouldn't really be a copy of bigbrother - this plugin is solely for blocks and nothing else, whereas BB logs practically everything.

13. Offline

DiddiZ

No, but I'm gonna fix this.

I think therefor is the WorldEdit restore function

Not really, I ported LogBlock to be at nearest at original LogBlock. This doesn't mean, I can't make some improvements

14. Offline

Kane

Well I guess I can wait for multi world support since the convert script did not work right for Minecart Mania gotta delay our big 1.2 update :) Still using 1.1 heh.

15. Offline

DiddiZ

I'll do a bugfix, that blocks from a second world will be ignored (insteed of being mixed up).
    The problem with multiworlds is, that there is no unique identifier.
    --- merged: Feb 16, 2011 11:48 AM ---
    Set up phpMyAdmin for db management and open a sql query window, paste the sql statemant and execute

16. Offline

chibirubara

Yay! Thank you! Will be trying.
    Edit: Are you from the future? If so, what is it like? Are flying cars common yet?
    (CraftBukkit is only up to 328, yet the title (and post) says 336, so i'm assuming you meant.. 326? Or am I missing something here... :confused:)

Yet another Edit: Remembered I'm a dunce at sql and the like, doesn't look like i will be trying this... since I've never been able to figure out how to get phpMyAdmin to work. Was really looking forward to it too... *sigh*

17. Offline

anon

Ye it works! Manged to do the sql thing, plugin runs pretty nice.

18. Offline

DiddiZ

Whoops
    Yes, it's 326. There are way too many versions to remember ecactly at 4:40 am ...
    I'm going to change this.
    Multiworld bug is fixed, but still not released, I'm working on block data for woolcolor, logtypes, torch positions etc. Want do finish this today. Signs sill won't work, because somehow I'm missing a hook for sign change (onPlace doest work, the sign has no text when this is callen).

19. Offline

fffizzz

http://www.webdevelopersnotes.com/tutorials/sql/mysql_primer_creating_a_database.php3

check out creating a database on linux, its rather easy, just follow the direction.
    You create the DB, then you create a user/pass tied to that db. You will then use that db/user/pass you just setup in your logblock properties.

20. Offline

DiddiZ

Thanks, sdded to LogBlock page.

Released v0.2:
    Fixed multiworld mix up (all other worlds but the first are ignored)
    Added block meta data (saves wool color, sapling growing state, log types, etc.)

For next update multiworld support is planned, but therefor I need a way to differentiate the worlds. Names can be changen and the world id seems to be a bit curious.
    And, of course, sign support.

We'll see

21. Offline

TheDarkness73

Could I have a more detailed explaination on istallation?

22. Offline

Bilkokuya

I'm loving the way the database is layed out - it all works very quickly and effectively. However, there I'm having a lot of problems with the block destruction.

For some reason, it's failing to log any block destruction, whether it's blocks placed by other players, themselves or default server-blocks. This is both on version 0.1 and 0.2. The block placement is working like a charm though.
    (Bukkit #326, no server log errors).

If anybody has any suggestions I'd love to hear it. Thanks.

23. Offline

Snip3d

Could someone make a quick Mysql tutorial? I've never used it before and it looks pretty scary. The one in the main post does not help at all.

24. Offline

Phanku

I think its time for you to step up and start reading help files and how tos.

Your using a CentOS server which is a Redhat distro which, IMO, is one of the harder distros to use.

If your a newbie you should be on Ubuntu.
    --- merged: Feb 16, 2011 4:18 PM ---
    Any chance on automatic garbage collection? I.E. Be able to set an amount of time to keep the logged data. Say like 4 days.

I used BigBrother for a small amount of time on my middle ranged server and found that after 2 days there was close to 700k records in the db.

I quit using BigBrother because of the size of the db and the fact that there was no easy (other than running your own cron job connected to a sql query via command line) to garbage collect the data.

Most users notice within 2-3 days that they have been griefed. Why keep like 3 months worth of data?

25. Offline

Kainzo

Oh GOD please have multiworld support :)

26. Offline

anon

Thaks everybody, I already managed to make it work :D
    It wasnt as hard as I thought it would be. I followed tutorial anyway, so everything happened nicely.

27. Offline

Kainzo

when trying to create that table im getting.
    Code:
    mysql>
        -> CREATE TABLE `blocks` (
        ->   `id` int(11) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT,
        ->   `date` datetime NOT NULL DEFAULT '0000-00-00 00:00:00',
        ->   `player` varchar(32) NOT NULL DEFAULT '-',
        ->   `replaced` int(11) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
        ->   `type` int(11) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
        ->   `data` TINYINT NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
        ->   `x` int(11) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
        ->   `y` int(11) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
        ->   `z` int(11) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
        ->   PRIMARY KEY (`id`),
        ->   KEY `coords` (`y`,`x`,`z`),
        ->   KEY `type` (`type`),
        ->   KEY `data` (`data`),
        ->   KEY `replaced` (`replaced`),
        ->   KEY `player` (`player`)
        -> );
    ERROR 1064 (42000): You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'CREATE TABLE `blocks` (
      `id` int(11) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT,
      `date` datetim' at line 4
    mysql>
    mysql> CREATE TABLE `extra` (
        ->   `id` int(11) NOT NULL,
        ->   `extra` text,
        ->   PRIMARY KEY (`id`)
        -> );

28. Thanks for this, tired of waiting for BigBrother.

29. Offline

Snip3d

I'm getting "No database selected" when I try to create the Table. I really did not know that MySQL was run through the console :(

30. Offline

Kainzo

Which is strange because im using MYSQL 5.0
    --- merged: Feb 16, 2011 5:03 PM ---
    http://pastebin.com/4XJpRNRH
    --- merged: Feb 16, 2011 5:04 PM ---
    The link above is the error message - im 99% sure its because the table wasnt created properly - fuck!