Inactive [INFO] DonationMeter v1.0.1 - In-game donation displays [1337]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by fghjconner, May 31, 2011.

1. Offline

fghjconner

DonationMeter - In-game visual meters:
    Version: v0.5.1
    [​IMG]
    DonationMeter allows you to easily track donations in a highly visible manner by creating custom shaped wool meters and text based sign meters to display donation values. Show your players exactly what your server needs!

Please not that this plugin will NOT be updated unless you ask! As far as I know it is almost completely unused. If you want it updated, I will gladly do so.

Features:
    • Tracks donations and a list of VIP players
    • Customize names of VIPs and currency
    • Allows Creation of visual "Meters" that display the server donation status using colored wool
    • Permissions support
    • Notification system for players who have donated
    • Displays time remaining till the server bill (end of the month) (toggleable)
    Commands/Permission Nodes:

• /DonationMeter - no permission required -- Displays donation information
    • /Donations - no permission required -- Alias for /DonationMeter
    • /donationMeter help - displays only available commands -- Displays command list
    • /DonationMeter VIPs - no permission required -- Lists VIPs
    • /DonationMeter addVIP <player> - DonationMeter.admin -- Adds a VIP
    • /DonationMeter removeVIP <player> - DonationMeter.admin -- Removes a VIP
    • /DonationMeter addDonation <amount> - DonationMeter.admin -- Adds donation to the current donation total
    • /DonationMeter setGoal <amount> - DonationMeter.admin -- Sets the monthly donation goal
    • /DonationMeter setCurrency <name> - DonationMeter.admin -- Sets the name of the currency to be used
    • /DonationMeter woolMeterHelp - DonationMeter.admin -- Displays information on creating wool meters
    • /DonationMeter signMeterHelp - DonationMeter.admin -- Displays information on creating sign meters
    • /DonationMeter pay - DonationMeter.admin -- Subtracts the monthly goal from the current donation total
    • /DonationMeter save - DonationMeter.admin -- Saves donationMeter data
    • /DonationMeter time [on/off] - DonationMeter.admin -- Toggles display of time remaining to server bill
    • /DonationMeter notify - DonationMeter.notify -- Notifies admins of a donation
    • /DonationMeter notifications - DonationMeter.admin -- View outstanding notifications
    • /DonationMeter accept <player> - DonationMeter.admin -- Adds notified amount to total and player to VIP list
    • /DonationMeter update - DonationMeter.admin -- Updates all meters (useful for new SignMeters)
    Creating Wool Meters

Placing a sign with "Donations" or "DMeter" on the first line onto a block of wool creates a meter. The meter will automaticaly include all contiguous wool blocks (no diagonals) and the sign can then be removed. Note: blocks placed on the meter after activation will not be included. The meter operates by "filling" along its longest axis. The meter begins colored the "need" color (white by default) then fills with the "has" color (green by default). Finaly, once the meter fills, it fills again with the "extra" color (blue by default). Meters update whenever the goal or current donation value changes. Meters are destroyed (deactivated and reverted to white) when any of their component wool blocks are broken.

Advanced Meter Options
    • Adding "-r" on the first line reverses the end from which the meter fills
    • Adding "-x", "-y", or "-z" forces the meter to fill along a specific axis
    • Placing "need [color]" on an empty line changes the need color to the specified color
    • Placing "has [color]" on an empty line changes the has color to the specified color
    • Placing "extra [color]" on an empty line changes the extra color to the specified color
    Colors (open)

Black
    Red
    Green
    Brown
    Blue
    Purple
    Cyan
    Light Gray
    Gray
    Pink
    Lime
    Yellow
    Light Blue
    Magenta
    Orange
    White

Creating Sign Meters

Placing [have], [need], [extr], [goal] or [perc] on a sign will put that value onto the sign. The sign will NOT display the values until the meter is updated (Either by a change in one of the values, or with "/donations update")

Pictures (open)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Downloads

DonationMeter
    Direct .jar link
    Source Code
    Source Code on GitHub

ToDO:
    • Add a settable payment date
    • Possibly add a display system for vips
    • Tie VIP list to a permission group
    • Make Sign Meters display the value when placed
    • Fix bugs :)
    Changelog:

Version 1.0.1
    • Fixed save system conking out when no meters were saved -_-
    Version 1.0
    • Added OpPermission option to config
    • Added the ability for meters to use any block (still build with wool, but on the sign specify itemNumber:data instead of colors)
    • Fixed save system. If the new system weren't coming soon, I'd guarantee no more loss of meters but alas it is not to be.
    Changelog (open)

Version 0.6
    • Updated to use SuperPerms
    Version 0.5.1
    • Added null check to file loading
    Version 0.5
    • Fixed Event priority
    • Fixed Help message on update command
    • Fixed a different class cast exception bug (Hopefully)
    Version 0.4
    • Fixed ClassCastException bug (sorry for the wait)
    • Revised save system
    • Added Update Command
    Version 0.3
    • Added Sign Meters
    • Added op support
    • Added notification of notifications
    • Fixed problem with Permissions (hopefully)
    • Fixed priorities to meet bukkit standards
    • Fixed commands to work with console
    • Fixed version number
    Version 0.2
    • Added explosion support (by default deactivated in config; may cause lag)
    • Added time till bill toggle command
    • Added meter creation and destruction messages
    • Added notification system
    • General code cleanup
    Version 0.1
    • Initial release

Archives (open)

Version 1.0
    Jar
    Source
    Version 0.5.1
    Jar
    Source
    Version 0.5
    Jar
    Source
    Version 0.4
    Jar
    Source
    Version 0.3
    Jar
    Source
    Version 0.2
    Jar
    Source
    Version 0.1
    Jar
    Source

If you have any ideas or suggestions, please let me know!

bobbysmithyy likes this.
  2. Offline

kahlilnc

Looks cool.

3. Offline

fghjconner

Thanks!

4. Offline

Unscrewed

Hey, awesome plugin buddy!
    1 Question tho, do I need to place a sign with "Donations" on every letter of what I wrote? (Donate)
    Or do I need to connect them with a block in between them soo it's all just 1 Meter?

A video tutorial would be great too. :)

Yours sincerely,
    Unscrewed

5. Offline

fghjconner

You need to connect them all, otherwise they will be considered seperate meters. (and make sure nothing is connected diagonally btw). Jamescosten has this on his list for doing a video review. If that doesn't explain things well, Ill see if I can't get a video tutorial going. Oh, and thanks!

6. Offline

Plague

please update to latest recommended CB
    (cool plugin btw)

7. Offline

fghjconner

Updated! Added explosion support for destroying meters, text colors, meter creation and destruction messages, and a donation notification system!

8. Offline

jamescosten

Ok so i have downloaded and i get the following files from the zip:

fghjconner folder
    meta-inf folder
    plugin.yml

Im on a mac and i need a jar file, how can i install this on a mac??

9. Offline

fghjconner

Whoops, seems like you got the source code download, ill check to be sure that I got the right file uploaded to the right link.

Edit: Actually, it looks like you unzipped the .jar file itself

10. Offline

jamescosten

I clicked download and it came up with that, that download is a zip file, unzipped and got all that

11. Offline

fghjconner

Odd. Ill post a link to the jar itself instead of the zip, see if that helps.
    Edit: Here and in main post

12. Offline

spyx

Can you make so VIP people can use //wand (World edit) and spawn items?

13. Offline

fghjconner

Right now the "VIP" thing is just a list of names. I've been considering the ability to attach it to a permissions group however, which would make things like this possible.

14. Offline

spyx

Okey :D

15. Offline

gamerswatz

i need help how to make a donation bar

Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/nijiko/permissions/PermissionHand
    ler
    at fghjconner.DonationMeter.DonationsCommands.onCommand(DonationsCommand
    s.java:23)
    at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:35)
    ... 12 more
    Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/nijiko/permissions/PermissionHand
    ler
    at fghjconner.DonationMeter.DonationsCommands.onCommand(DonationsCommand
    s.java:23)
    ... 12 more
    >
    a video plz

2011-06-25 19:21:47 [SEVERE] null
    org.bukkit.command.CommandException: Unhandled exception executing command 'donationmeter' in plugin DonationMeter v2.0
    at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:37)
    at org.bukkit.command.SimpleCommandMap.dispatch(SimpleCommandMap.java:129)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.dispatchCommand(CraftServer.java:304)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.handleCommand(NetServerHandler.java:725)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.chat(NetServerHandler.java:691)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:684)
    at net.minecraft.server.Packet3Chat.a(Packet3Chat.java:32)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.b(NetworkManager.java:223)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:75)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:105)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:451)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:361)
    at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422)
    Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/nijiko/permissions/PermissionHandler
    at fghjconner.DonationMeter.DonationsCommands.onCommand(DonationsCommands.java:23)
    ... 12 more

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2016
  16. Offline

Brain

Code:
    Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/nijiko/permissions/PermissionHandler
    Looks like DonationMeter is missing Permissions. If you do use Permissions this means that DonationMeter is loaded before Permissions is loaded. You can work around this problem by renaming the DonationMeter.jar into something like zDonationMeter.jar

17. Offline

fghjconner

Updated! Added Sign Meters, op support, and notification of notifications (on login and when notification occurs). Fixed event priorities and version number, and fixed the commands to work with the console. Hopefully fixed the Permissions issue as well.

18. Offline

Asphodan

Code:
    2011-06-30 21:20:42 [SEVERE] null
    org.bukkit.command.CommandException: Unhandled exception executing command 'donationmeter' in plugin DonationMeter v0.3
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.dispatchCommand(CraftServer.java:298)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.handleCommand(NetServerHandler.java:711)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.chat(NetServerHandler.java:676)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:669)
        at net.minecraft.server.Packet3Chat.a(Packet3Chat.java:33)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.b(NetworkManager.java:226)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:84)
    Caused by: java.lang.ClassCastException: org.bukkit.craftbukkit.block.CraftBlockState cannot be cast to org.bukkit.block.Sign
        at fghjconner.DonationMeter.SignMeter.update(SignMeter.java:32)
        at fghjconner.DonationMeter.DonationMeter.updateMeters(DonationMeter.java:321)
        at fghjconner.DonationMeter.DonationsCommands.twoArgs(DonationsCommands.java:244)
        at fghjconner.DonationMeter.DonationsCommands.onCommand(DonationsCommands.java:39)
        ... 12 more

Craftbukkit 950. Happens upon wool meter cration, and any command passed to it.

19. Offline

fghjconner

The plugin has only been tested against 935, in which this bug does not exist. (to my knowledge from my limited testing) As soon as a recommended build for 1.7 comes out (I expect tomorrow once 1.7.2 is released) I will update the plugin to ensure compatibility. Until you'll just have to hang tight or use 935, sorry (especially since this looks like a bug with the Bukkit code (things might have changed though, ill be sure to watch for this when the recommended build is released).

Edit: It may also be caused by the poor way in which the plugin handles the config file. I plan to fix this in the next update. (you will still have to delete your meters.dat file as the format in which I save these changed in 0.2, sorry)

20. Offline

Asphodan

Code:
    2011-07-02 17:57:38 [SEVERE] Could not pass event SIGN_CHANGE to DonationMeter
    java.lang.ClassCastException: org.bukkit.material.MaterialData cannot be cast to org.bukkit.material.Sign
        at fghjconner.DonationMeter.DMBlockListener.onSignChange(DMBlockListener.java:65)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$31.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:455)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:58)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:321)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:967)
        at net.minecraft.server.Packet130UpdateSign.a(SourceFile:41)

Noticed that in my logs as well. Can't recall what might've caused it.

21. Offline

fghjconner

Ok, I did some "research" (talked to my parents, lol). The issues is most likely that the plugin needs to be compiled against the latest version of Bukkit. I will not be updating the mod until the piston dupe glitch(s) is/are fixed, but ill upload the current version compiled for 953 in about an hour.

Here we go, should be compatible with the latest recommended build (953). There's no changes other than being recompiled, should fix the issue though (hopefully).
    Download

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

22. Offline

Asphodan

Appreciate this! :)

Code:
    2011-07-03 16:20:43 [SEVERE] null
    org.bukkit.command.CommandException: Unhandled exception executing command 'donationmeter' in plugin DonationMeter v0.3
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.dispatchCommand(CraftServer.java:298)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.handleCommand(NetServerHandler.java:711)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.chat(NetServerHandler.java:676)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:669)
        at net.minecraft.server.Packet3Chat.a(Packet3Chat.java:33)
    Caused by: java.lang.ClassCastException: org.bukkit.craftbukkit.block.CraftBlockState cannot be cast to org.bukkit.block.Sign
        at fghjconner.DonationMeter.SignMeter.update(SignMeter.java:32)
        at fghjconner.DonationMeter.DonationMeter.updateMeters(DonationMeter.java:321)
        at fghjconner.DonationMeter.DonationsCommands.twoArgs(DonationsCommands.java:244)
        at fghjconner.DonationMeter.DonationsCommands.onCommand(DonationsCommands.java:39)
        ... 12 more

23. Offline

Cristof

SOme problem with last bukkit 1.7.3
    edit.:
    Fixed with "beta" 0.3.1

EDIT 2.:
    After some hours same problem with 0.3.1

24. Offline

fghjconner

Updated! Found out what was causing Asphodan's error. Overhauled save system to be more pliable to future updates. Added a meter update command. Sorry for the wait and unresponsiveness guys. I had hoped to wait until the major piston bugs were fixed, then got caught up in some rl stuff.

This is slightly concerning... If you continue to get this error I will look more into it, but the save improvements may have resolved this. If it does continue make sure you are not getting an error on start up as well.

25. Offline

ViolentSword

First, I just want to say I love this plugin.
    But-
    Code:
    2011-07-21 18:20:18 [SEVERE] Could not pass event SIGN_CHANGE to DonationMeter
    java.lang.ClassCastException: org.bukkit.material.MaterialData cannot be cast to org.bukkit.material.Sign
        at fghjconner.DonationMeter.DMBlockListener.onSignChange(DMBlockListener.java:63)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$32.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:462)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:58)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:332)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:969)
        at net.minecraft.server.Packet130UpdateSign.a(SourceFile:41)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:85)
    It seems to delete sign text when this happens, any clue to the cause?
    It also does this with any sign, randomly.

26. Offline

fghjconner

I assume this happens when you place the sign? Do you have any plugins that may be attempting to block the placement of the sign? I'm currently out of town on a college visit but will be back home tomorrow afternoon and I will update it to check if the event has been canceled.

27. Offline

ViolentSword

I think it may be RedstoneChips that's doing it and/or essentials. I'm not exactly certain. Also, /donations update works but tells me to check help for a list of commands.
    Thank you for replying~

28. Offline

fghjconner

Ill check to see if I can figure out what is conflicting and try to release a fix for that alongside the other two things.

Edit: Updated, should fix the issues you had.

29. Offline

ViolentSword

We can't reproduce the error anymore, looks like it's fixed. Thanks!

30. Offline

fghjconner

Cool, glad I got it fixed