[INFO] LPMCFurnace V1.1.5 - Furnace status updates [1060]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by MrMonotone, Aug 4, 2011.

1. Offline

MrMonotone

<font color="rgb(255, 0, 0)">[​IMG]</font>

The one and only Furnace timer

Version: V1.1.5

LPMCFurnace is the first plugin to provide "status" updates of a selected furnace(selected by left-clicking). A "status" message is sent to the specific player/s when one of the below criteria is met.The selected furnace sends messages until the player logs out.

Current Features:

Sends a "Status" message to the player when the one or more of the following criteria are met:
    * the furnace needs more material
    * the furnace needs more fuel.
    * the items in the furnace are done.

<Edit by Moderator: Redacted mediafire url>
    Source Code (will provide later if popular)

Current Commands:
    * /setfurnace

- * enables plugin

Changelog:

Version 1.0
    * Releasing my awesome plugin

Version 1.1
    * Updated "Status" message methods - fixed irregularities

Version 1.1.5
    * Name change :D LPMCFurnaceTimer is now known as LPMCFurnace / Forum reformat (will upload new jar later)

Bugs:
    * Seems to be irregular - fixing now

TODO:

* Implement better furnace inventory checking - Need to wait for better methods for furnaces-figured a way out
    * Implement signs to display burn time - Implemented in V1.5
    * Implement sending burn time instead of displaying on signs - Implemented in V1.5
    * Make all around furnace plugin - (final project post below as a suggestion what should be in the final product. I have 3 weeks of summer left :D )
    * Add database support
    * Make forum look pretty (any takers? lol)
    * Implement the Clock item in the plugin(config first)
    * Add Config for every feature
    * Signs will show percentage done and appropriately how much time left in secs(you need to know your average ticks for this to work(the default will be 20 by changeable in config)
    * Signs will show how much items are in the furnace:(raw,fuel,and product)
    * Messages will say what type of item ran out

(this list is by priority)
    (format is event-time)

Suggestions:
    * Change name to LPMCFurnace and make all in one Furnace plugin - highly likely

I would love to know what you guys think! Please post your suggestions below and I might put them in my plugin!

Tutorial Videos:

jaydenbadboii

Donations:

Donate would you like to support me and my server?
    (Donation bar coming soon)

LPMC:

Other plugins I do with my pal Mentioum !!!

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2016
  2. Offline

ZafireCondor

Seems very interesting, i'll considering getting it for my server. Good job.

3. Offline

codename_B

I like this. Unique and functional.

I give it 2 weeks till there are another 30 like it :(

4. Offline

MrMonotone

Yes I am fixing the irregulars when the plugin doesn't seem to work correctly but I am sorting it out. Mostly when you get into the nitty gritty things.

Yeah I'm hoping to make it a furnace all in one but I'm not good enough yet :/

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2016
  5. Offline

codename_B

If you want to hop onto my irc channel tomorrow - I'll help you make this super awesome? :D

6. Offline

MrMonotone

Whats the IRC? btw I have a partner @Mentioum so I'll fill him in too
    Edit:
    Durrr I see it in your sig

Updated to V1.1:
    See Changelog

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

7. Offline

Mentioum

sounds good.

8. Offline

MrMonotone

Good to see you made it over here.
    In other news....
    Update:
    • Almost done with V1.5
    • Getting new title signature made
    • Debating about changing the name to LPMCFurnace so I can add more features.
    Right now V1.5 will include:
    • Sign tracking materials in your furnace and the amount of time (secs) it takes for materials to finish.
    • Way for me to track how many people use my plugin (helps me see if people like it)
    • Maybe name change to LPMCFurnace

9. Offline

jaydenbadboii

I'm making videos for good plugins I find, you just happened to be one of them :)
    (even though it's a small plugin)

MrMonotone and Mentioum like this.
  10. Offline

Mentioum

I'll sort out the header for the OP. You finalised on the name so I can do the banner? I want to do one like our other plugin LPMCNavigator .

I want to make the Ain furnace a furnace. We also need to do a graphic showing all the LPMC plugins together. I can do that quite quickly. I just need a thumbs up that you are going to call it LPMCFurnace (what I'd prefer)

11. Offline

MrMonotone

Updated 1.1.5-
    See Changelog

12. Offline

Mentioum

here is the header image

[​IMG]

And

Heres the temporary list of plugins image.

[​IMG]

MrMonotone likes this.
  13. Offline

MrMonotone

@jaydenbadboii Thank you so much! I will add it to my thread. But since I changed the name of my plugin would you mind changing it in the video? That would be brilliant. Would you mind doing future videos for me? Like major updates. That would be amazing man. I would be sure to reference you in the thread and you would also get a pre-release of the plugin so, I can post the video at the same time I do the update. Also, I'd love if you did a guide on @Mentioum 's plugin. He's a really cool guy and would be very appreciative!
    YOUR DA BEST!

@Mentioum Thanks for doing those. I will apply them straight away.

14. Offline

jaydenbadboii

Sure! I wouldn't mind creating videos for your future releases and Mentioum's plugin. :)
    I'm doing multiple tutorials (it's bad my mic is broke) but I'm helping out plugin authors by creating "widescreen" videos.

Re-done the video for this plugin, added banner and made it look better.

15. Offline

fatmarley

Instead of punching an item, could you link it with LWC...So if the furnace is locked and they use it, it will automatically send them messages?

MrMonotone likes this.
  16. Offline

chernobyl360

17. Offline

MrMonotone

Haha I guess I beat you to it :p Well better luck next time :D

I will add it to the suggestions! Thanks a bunch!
    Edit:
    @fatmarley im going to add my own support for databases so it will remember furnaces.

Thanks man Ill add it

18. Offline

MrMonotone

Progression and Forum Update:

Progression:
    • Sign Updating seems to be very annoying. Anyone good with Signs? All the methods work just don't know how to update them without continually running a scheduler. @Mentioum Might have some ideas though.
    • V1.5 will probably not include signs but include a config file, permissions, and other minor updates. Also implement databases if @Mentioum will help. :p
    Forum:
    • Updated the TODO. Take a look into the future! What else should I add?
    • The plugin is now in the released section! YAY!!!

Mentioum likes this.
  19. Offline

BattleGroundxx

Does this work with DwarfForge?

20. Offline

MrMonotone

Hasn't been tested with it yet. You can try and give me your feedback! I want it to be compatible with it but on the other hand I'm making my own furnace all in one so, yeah. lol

21. Offline

Mentioum

I'll help as soon as I have reliable internet matey :)

22. Offline

Mentioum

As far as signs... you should look at how Wormhole xtreme updates its signs perhaps? Or maybe scrolling signs to see how they work?

23. Offline

MrMonotone

24. Offline

Buckethead

i have to type /setfurnace everytime i want to put down a furnace or just do at startup?

25. Offline

MrMonotone

/setfurnace on every login. Once you set your furnace for the login you don't have to set it again.

26. Offline

RugRats

Spout support for onscreen images :O

27. Offline

MrMonotone

Like what?

28. Offline

RugRats

A furnace picture with the words like needs material next to it ect

29. Offline

Buckethead

if possible it would be nicer and simpler if ths coul just happen every time u place new furnace anduse it.

30. Offline

MrMonotone

Will then you would get around 40 furnaces placed it would be annoying and the messages will be sent for all of them lol. Im thinking of making it so you can select furnaces it saves them and then you can remove the furnace with a command...