Inactive [RPG/INFO] MineCal - An in-game calendar system

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by nisovin, Apr 23, 2011.

1. Offline

nisovin

MineCal - An in-game calendar system

This plugin will keep track of the current Minecraft in-game date. You can post the date on signs and see the current date with a command. The weekday names, month names, and number of days in each month are completely customizable. By default, it uses real-life month names and weekday names, however, it is intended to be changed to fit in your world.

Now called RolePlayCalendar, and is on BukkitDev.

Mixcoatl and Digi like this.
  2. Offline

Krayt1x

Not bad, could i get syntax for MOTD?

3. Offline

Gimmic

Been using this, it has been working excellently.

4. Offline

halvors

5. Offline

Dr_Nick_UK

Love the plugin, nice to have a track of the game time.
    One problems I had, had a calender on the wall which had been working fine for a few months (in game time), then it stopped working so i removed it. Now when I login in that chunk I get the error.

2011-04-27 10:13:29 [SEVERE] Could not pass event CHUNK_LOAD to MineCal
    java.lang.ClassCastException: org.bukkit.craftbukkit.block.CraftBlockState cannot be cast to org.bukkit.block.Sign
    at com.nisovin.MineCal.MineCal.updateSign(MineCal.java:99)
    at com.nisovin.MineCal.CalWorldListener.onChunkLoad(CalWorldListener.java:22)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$37.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:428)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:59)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:257)
    at net.minecraft.server.ChunkProviderServer.getChunkAt(ChunkProviderServer.java:86)
    at net.minecraft.server.ServerConfigurationManager.a(ServerConfigurationManager.java:85)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetLoginHandler.b(NetLoginHandler.java:95)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetLoginHandler.a(NetLoginHandler.java:33)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:87)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:370)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:285)
    at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:394)

Update........
    deleted that sign for the signs.txt and then replaced it now it works fine, I'll see if it happens again.

While I'm here thought I'd through an of idea out to see if you think they might be worth implementing. It would be great if you could add dates to the config like maybe birthdays of players and maybe give them a cake on that date or just make an announcement.

Great plugin
    Cheers Dave

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2016
  6. Offline

valdark

I had the same problem. I destroyed a sign and it would restart my server (McMyAdmin) every time I attempted to login until I either disabled the plugin or removed the sign from signs.txt

7. A command would be nice, like /date or preferably /time to show date AND time.

8. Offline

Mixcoatl

Was thinking 'bout this very thing a couple of months ago. Does this support non-European calender cycles?

9. Offline

Plague

please update to latest RB

10. Well, it works with #740, so you should just update the title :}

11. Offline

nisovin

Updated to version 0.2. Hopefully the chunk loading bug is fixed.

It supports any type of month and weekday based calendar system you might care to make up.

I'll probably add this soon.

This is something that I'd like to do, but I'm not sure when I'll get around to doing it.

12. Offline

c0d0h

is it possible to use with multiple worlds in sinc with eacho other??

13. Offline

nisovin

The plugin only maintains one calendar, so all worlds will have the same date. And while untested, I believe the sign posts should work on every world as well. It won't attempt to do any time syncing though.

14. Offline

bfanboy

I am using extendday where I have 3 day cycles before 1 night cycle. So my days are roughly 30 minutes and my night is 10 minutes. Is there anyway to set your program to not start a new day until after all 3 day cycles have completed?

15. Offline

Dadadada

same here .... :D

16. Offline

nisovin

I can play with a possible fix for this, but it really depends on how the plugin is setting the time. Which plugin is it?

17. Offline

bfanboy

18. Offline

ultimak

It would be very helpful to have a command that could display the date, overall I love the plugin though and keep up the good work!

19. Offline

nisovin

There actually is one, I just forgot to mention it in the post. The command is /today.

-----

Updated to version 0.3! For those who want compatibility changes, setting the ignorebigchanges option to true should fix your problems.

20. Offline

Yuushi

Multiworld support would be amazing. <3

21. Offline

NopeDK

hmm... Doesn't look like it works with 766.
    announcement and commands work but my sign is just blank, entered [cal], it "absorbed"
    the text but no text is shown and it doesnt update with day change.
    Only conflictable plugin is CommandSigns.

Hope it can get resolved/updated

22. Offline

claivin

This is actually a really awesome plugin. :)
    I do have one question though; can the "monthdays" property be set to decimal places?
    Kinda' like this? (It translates to 30 Minecraft Days)
    Code:
    monthdays=0.416
    I'm trying to synchronize the Seasons Plugin and In-Game Minecraft Time.

Thanks!

23. Offline

nisovin

I'll look into it, but it was working for me last I checked.
    I'm a bit confused by this... why would a month have less than a day? You use that option to specify how many days are in a month... you shouldn't have a fraction of days.

24. Offline

claivin

Are the "monthdays" option set in realtime days (24 Hours) or Minecraft Days (20 minutes)?
    I assumed it was in real-time days, that way I could set it to "0.41" (realtime) days, and have each In-game Minecraft Month 10 hours long, making a Year 120 Hours long.

A bit confusing, I know, but I hope you understand what I'm saying here.

25. Offline

NopeDK

@claivin monthdays in MineCal is in Minecraft days. So for a year to be 120 hours you would perhaps create 12 months of 30 days.

26. Offline

nisovin

This is a Minecraft calendar, not a real-world calendar. All settings are based on Minecraft time and Minecraft days.

27. Offline

Zacky1

Why is it not working?
    when i do a sign (wall or post), and type [cal] (and nothing else) the only thing it does is blank(nothing at all)
    Help!

28. You need to specify a format.

Use those characters on 2nd, 3rd and 4th lines.

29. Offline

LastKossack

Isnt working on 1.6.4

30. Offline

nisovin