[INFO] Unable to find spawn biome

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by O Velho, Sep 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

O Velho

Installing 1185 I got this:

[INFO] Unable to find spawn biome

Followed by a java error. The server don't start. Any tip? Any thought?

2. Offline

Don Redhorse

try a different seed

3. Got the same problem. Deleting the world_nether folder does the trick for me.

It seems the process where bukkit server converts the vanilla world files by moving the world\DIM-1 into its own world_nether folder results in a nether world without a level.dat file.
    Code:
    [INFO] ---- Migration of old nether folder required ----
    [INFO] Unfortunately due to the way that Minecraft implemented multiworld support in 1.6, Bukkit requires that you move your nether folder to a new location in order to operate correctly.
    [INFO] We will move this folder for you, but it will mean that you need to move it back should you wish to stop using Bukkit in the future.
    [INFO] Attempting to move world/DIM-1 to world_nether/DIM-1...
    [INFO] Success! To restore the nether in the future, simply move world_nether/DIM-1 to world/DIM-1
    [INFO] ---- Migration of old nether folder complete ----

4. Offline

O Velho

Sweet!! Works for me too! Thanks!

5. Well, d'oh. Can't just delete our nether, players have already started building things there. Would be nice if there was a fix to the migrate process, to retain a working level.dat - unless copying it from the world folder will do?

6. Just in case anyone is looking for a proper way to fix this... Our main world had about 8000 XP orbs clogging up various chunks. Removing them with the technique described here fixed the above issue and allowed us to keep our nether. Maybe the clogged orbs were preventing the proper creation of the nether's level.dat?

7. Offline

Huns

What we usually do is let Bukkit generate a fresh copy of the Nether (so that all the supporting stuff is in place) and then replace the new region files from what we have backed up. Here's how to do it:
    • Stop the server
    • Rename world_nether to something else
    • Start the server - it will generate a new world_nether folder
    • Stop the server again
    • Delete world_nether/DIM-1/region/*
    • Extract the last backup containing the Nether into a temporary folder
    • Under the temporary folder, copy world/DIM-1/region/* (or whatever the path is) to world_nether/DIM-1/region
    So, you have a regenerated Nether directory structure, with the session.lock and whatever else has to be there, but you copy the old Nether regions to the new location. Seems to work.

8. Offline

unusualbob

I've found another simple way to solve this if anyone needs to, just copy your level.dat to the world_nether folder. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.