Inventory Save/Load

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by rocky123xo, Aug 27, 2014.

1. Offline

rocky123xo

Plugin category: Admin Tools

Suggested name: SQL Inventory

What I want: I have been looking for days to find an updated, working plugin that does what I want. No luck. Hoping someone can throw one together for me, and it needs to work for 1.8, as this is when we will be using it.

I would like just a few simple things.

I want to type /sqlinv save <playername> to save the contents of a player's inventory and enderchest to SQL (or YML, or TXT, or whatever is easiest. SQL is just my preferred method)
    It needs to timestamp each save and assign it a number.
    For example, I want to load Notch's inventory that I saved on July 23rd, and it is now August 27th.
    I have saved Notch's inventory 5 times since then.

Ideas for commands:
    So I would type something like
    /sqlinv list Notch (this command would list previous inventory saves with a timestamp for Notch.
    /sqlinv load Notch 1 (the ID of the save, retrieved from typing /sqlinv list Notch)

Ideas for permissions:
    sqlinv.save - Allows the /sqlinv save <player> command
    sqlinv.list - Allows the /sqlinv list <player> command
    sqlinv.load- Allows the /sqlinv load <player> command

When I'd like it by: Before 1.8 comes out.
    What I am looking to do is save certain player's inventories, as the world will be resetting for 1.8.
    I am resetting all player's userdata files, therefore inventories and enderchests won't be saved.
    It may seem like a silly way to do it, but this is what I would like.
    Really hope someone can help me! I am absolutely willing to negotiate how the plugin works and saves data. SQL is preferred, any other method that is easier will work just fine. I imagine something like this is very simple. I have seen threads with code on how to do it, I just don't know Java to save my life.

BWL Servers Owner,
    Bay

2. Offline

BlizzardFyre

I can do this without the SQL if you want. Using that just makes it so much more complicated..

3. Offline

rocky123xo

Sounds good to me. Thank you so much!

4. Offline

TrenTech

5. Offline

rocky123xo

It's absolutely wonderful! Could I bother you to turn this into a full plugin on BukkitDev? I'm not sure the amount of work that takes... but I know a few friends who would like to use this and see it developed into the future!

6. Offline

TrenTech

I can do that. It'll probably take a while before it's approved plus I want to add a few more options before I list it.

7. Offline

Mathias Eklund

There is a plugin called InventorySQL on BukkitDev if i am not mistaken.

8. Offline

rocky123xo

It doesn't function the way I'd like, I've already checked and talked with the developer. Thank you for your help though!

No problem for the wait! I would love to see it on BukkitDev. Thank you so much!

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2016