Is this a bug or what?

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by bergerkiller, Dec 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

bergerkiller

I have got a very weird issue right now. Way of reproduction:
    For some strange reason, the client is first sent all chunks of World 1, but is actually still on World 2 at the same xyz, usually stuck in some sort of weird location. When I place a block, I see it change to the actual block at that position in World 2. So, in short, I teleport to world 1 but stay in world 2.

Also, when teleporting back to World 2, this works completely fine. But when I then try to teleport to World 1, I end up at the spawn location of World 2 again. Seriously, WHAT is going on?

I use the simple server.createWorld, server.unloadWorld and player.teleport functions.

2. Offline

bergerkiller

Bump
    Code:
    World w1 = server.createWorld("world1", Environment.NORMAL, 0);
    World w2 = server.createWorld("world2", Environment.NORMAL, 0);
    player.teleport(w1.getSpawnLocation());
    player.teleport(w2.getSpawnLocation());
    server.unloadWorld(w1);
    w1 = server.createWorld("world1", Environment.NORMAL, 0);
    player.teleport(w1.getSpawnLocation()); //epic shit going on here
    player.teleport(w2.getSpawnLocation()); //works, at spawn of world 2
    player.teleport(w1.getSpawnLocation()); //you are now back at the spawn of world 2
    Also, after reloading the server this issue persists, it can also happen that you see the blocks of world2 and the entities of world1, glitching down. It must have to do with the dimensions and data files.

3. Offline

paalbra

Strange issue. I'm somewhat able to replicate it. It doesn't bug both ways(If you switch world1 and world2) and if you stop the server everything is fine when you bring it back up.

I'll try to do some more testing tomorrow :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.