Java internal or external command unrecognized? :S

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Ronkey, Oct 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Ronkey

When I open the CraftBukkit Starter.bat I get an error that says: java is not recognized as an internal or external command, program or batch file.
    Press any key to continue ... Does anyone noes what to do I tried to instal craftbukkit and java over and over but that didn't helpt, I also couldn't find an other topic about this problem. please help. [pig]

2. Offline

ZeusAllMighty11

You need to set the environmental variable.

Go to start>right click computer>properties>Advanced System Settings>and press Environemental Variables on the bottom.

Then go to new>and name it "Path" (no "'")
    Then on the 2nd line, paste in your target to Java's bin. (where java.exe is located)
    E.G. (mine) C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre7\bin

Then press ok. And apply everything. Close out of EVERYTHING, and try to run server.bat
    if that doesn't work, restart your computer. And make sure that your Path matches up to the path in run server.bat

3. Offline

Ronkey

I've got now an other Error :(
    "Error occurred during initialization of UM
    Could not reserve enough space for object heap
    Could not create the java virtual machine
    Press any key to continue..."
    I checked it all tree times and as far as I know it is al good but I´ve got no idea what to do now :S

4. Offline

nickrak

You're probably trying to give minecraft more RAM than you actually have, open the batch and change the numbers after Xmx and Xms to the amount to about 50% of your total RAM if you running on a desktop, 75% of your total RAM if you are running a dedicated server.

ElectricIce likes this.
  5. Offline

Ronkey

It is working thank you so much. I had it working on my pc but because I wan't to run al LAN one with friends I wanted it on my laptop and now it works :D:D:D:D:D

6. Offline

ElectricIce

Nick, what do you mean by open 'the batch' ?

-Bukkit Newby

How do you change the RAM?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2016
  7. Offline

nickrak

Open the script/batch file that you use to start the server. There are some basic ones available here http://wiki.bukkit.org/Setting_up_a_server they should contain a line that looks something like this.
    Code:text
    1. java -Xmx1G -Xms1G -jar craftbukkit-1.0.1-R1.jar

To change the amount of available RAM on your computer you need to buy more and install it.
    To change how much of the available RAM java can use, you change the numbers after Xmx and Xms in the launch command. (The above example gives java 1 gb of RAM).

Ronkey likes this.
  8. Offline

MrLegoman120

Mine says: Error: Invalid or corrupt jarfile craftbukkit.jar

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.