Java not responding when using server

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by 3utton, Jul 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

3utton

Hi, I'm having a problem with Minecraft where every few seconds the game stops responding and when I close it with the Task Manager, it says that Java (TM) SE Binary is not responding. After some experimenting, it seems that the problem only happens with a specific world, and the same thing seems to occur when I run it off the server. I've tried updating Java, and Craftbukkit to the latest recommended, beta and development versions, none of which seems to fix it. I've also updated Worldedit, which is the only plugin I use. Any help would be greatly appreciated! :)

2. Offline

3utton

Hi, I'm still having the same problem, would be great if anyone has any ideas! :)

3. Offline

AGC-Intra

3utton
    Good chance a chunk of that world is corrupt. When a certain chunk is encountered it causes a loop/error that often leads to the server/java freezing/not responding.

Minecraft Region Fixer or similar plugins/programs might help fix a corrupted world.
    Sorry I can't be more help but I've never had to deal with such since we run full backups in multiple ways which I highly suggest. That way when problems like this arise you can rollback to last backup that worked.

To fix you'll need to use something to isolate/find the bad chunk/sectors and fix them.
    This type of question and solution is on these forums somewhere.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.