Solved Java wont cooperate with me anymore ^^

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by EvilKittyCat123, May 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

EvilKittyCat123

I think so..

2. Offline

Mayoz

It may not be as annoying if you knew Java.

3. Offline

TGRHavoc

No, you have an else statement but no "if"... Not possible... What IDE are you using (e.g. Eclipse, NetBeans)

4. Offline

Mayoz

Ah

Probably notepad. :p

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2016
  5. Offline

EvilKittyCat123

6. Offline

Mayoz

7. Offline

TGRHavoc

EvilKittyCat123
    Ok, you should have a massive red squiggley line underneath all that code starting with "else". Am I correct?

8. Offline

EvilKittyCat123

Mayoz
    Eclipse would warn me about what?

9. Offline

Mayoz

TGRHavoc Oh, my

10. Offline

EvilKittyCat123

TGRHavoc
    I've got a red line under else, player and evt.

11. Offline

Necrodoom

Did you just attempt to else a method?

xTigerRebornx, Dominio and AdamQpzm like this.
  12. Offline

TGRHavoc

EvilKittyCat123
    Ok, earlier you said you ordered books correct? Well, in the mean time please direct your attention to THIS site.. I found it very useful for understanding the basics of Java... Then when your books arrive read them, multiple times if you have to, heck, right some code on your skin if that will help you understand! I really do suggest that you learn Java (even if it is just the basics) so you can at least understand why most people of here are laughing at what you put..
    Necrodoom
    Yes... Yes he did.

13. Offline

EvilKittyCat123

Necrodoom
    Yeah................................ I did.......

14. Offline

Mayoz

It's much funnier when you say it like that

15. Offline

EvilKittyCat123

TGRHavoc
    I already got the books. Okay, this was pointless. I think I should make a new thread that isn't spammed with pointless posts laughing at me..

16. Offline

TGRHavoc

EvilKittyCat123
    Like I said, please do learn Java, even if is it just the basics it will honestly help you out lots.

17. Offline

raGan.

18. Offline

TnT

Locked. Please take a step back EvilKittyCat123 and go through quite a few Java tutorials. You are making basic syntax mistakes that are should be easy to troubleshoot when you know the basics of the language. I have the distinct feeling you want someone to write a NoDrop plugin for you (of which there are many on BukkitDev already due to someone, somewhere writing it as a tutorial for beginners to Bukkit).

You will only get frustrated and get frustrated responses if you continue to post with these basic questions. Quite often you have been linked to tutorials, or provided direct hints at where you need to look in your code, but instead of taking the hints, you ignore them looking to get working code provided to you. Spoon feeding code to you may sound great, but you will not learn anything and end up coming back again and again for more spoon-fed code.

For the rest of our community who decided to laugh at this person's attempts to program, please drop the attitude. Everyone starts somewhere, and everyone learns at different speeds. If you do not have anything nice to say, do not say anything at all. For those who attempted to help by providing tutorials, or pointing out the lines that were incorrect, thank you for making a positive contribution to this community.

EvilKittyCat123 once you have gone through quite a few tutorials (remember, Java will take time to learn, don't expect mastery in a day), if you run into more problems writing your plugins, please come back and post. We will all be eager to see your progress as a developer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.