KitPVP

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by GumPopFTW, Aug 7, 2012.

1. Offline

Sushi

I'm the developer of KitPvP. :'(

2. Offline

GumPopFTW

THEN WHY U NO GIVE PEOPLE TEH PLUGIN :eek:
    -I know, people would copy it off. I understand :)

Thanks! I got it to work! By the way, I use you're PrepareForWar plugin :)

Now all I need to know is how to make a new command for it like /pvp ....

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2016
  3. Offline

np98765

Awesome! :D

You can use CommandHelper for that. It's my favorite custom commands plugin. :)

EDIT: Oh, and if you mean for PrepareForWar, in my little update, I'll be adding the option to use /pvp (seems like that's what people use). :p

4. Offline

GumPopFTW

Thanks! You're awesome ;D

5. Offline

np98765

I'll try to release some version tomorrow. While I'm at it, I'll update it to 1.3.1... Hopefully it'll be released tomorrow, and approved by the day after.

6. Offline

GumPopFTW

Can you try to add class support like /archer or /pyro or anything like that? If you can't, its ok :)

7. Offline

np98765

Actually, the person who requested it asked for that, too... Must be common. Well, I guess I'll add that in as well. I already have the Archer class set up, actually. :p

8. Offline

GumPopFTW

Can you add class editing? That'd be nice :)

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

9. Offline

np98765

It's kind of hard with the way it works (since I'm assigning items to a certain slot). I might add some sort of option, but it'd be really hard to work with... It'd probably be better to compile your edited version/PM me and I'll edit and compile.

10. Offline

Sushi

You can set up a configuration to assign a specific item id to a specific slot...

11. Offline

np98765

I'll do that tomorrow. :p But I was wondering if I have to manually through each slot?

p.getInventory().setItem(0, whatever)
    p.getInventory().setItem(1, whateverr)
    p.getInventory().setItem(2, whateverrr)
    p.getInventory().setItem(3, whateverrrr)

etc? And if they don't define it for a slot, then it's null... But is there a quicker way?

12. Offline

Sushi

This will set the contents of the armor slots of player p's inventory to a set of Iron Armor. There is a method that you can use in order to get a Material enumeration from an Item ID. Use that method to set the armor slots from info in your config.
    Code:
    PlayerInventory i = p.getInventory();

// armor
    ItemStack[] armor = new ItemStack[4];
    armor[3] = new ItemStack(Material.IRON_HELMET, 1);
    armor[2] = new ItemStack(Material.IRON_CHESTPLATE, 1);
    armor[1] = new ItemStack(Material.IRON_LEGGINGS, 1);
    armor[0] = new ItemStack(Material.IRON_BOOTS, 1);
    // set the players's armor slots
    i.setArmorContents(armor);

13. Offline

np98765

Awesome, thanks. :D

Seems like this baby plugin is going to grow from a simple, completed request to something better. :3

14. Offline

GumPopFTW

:D, how bout' making new classes support? And hey, Im sorry if Im rusing you or what not, because you look like you can do things very easily :D

And by new classes support, I meant making um, somehow you can make classes without telling the plugin maker to do so :D

How bout' making new classes support? And hey, Im sorry if Im rusing you or what not, because you look like you can do things very easily :D
    And by new classes support, I meant making um, somehow you can make classes without telling the plugin maker to do so :D

My players loves the new KITPVP arena thanks to you :D , Also, not to make you work hard or anything. But when someone tries to use a PrepareForWar kit that's perms arent on their group, please make it say: "Sorry, you must be a higher rank to use this kit." or something like that xD

15. Offline

np98765

What does it currently say? :confused: I'll add a custom no-perms message option, I guess.

Regarding custom classes... That'd be way too difficult for me to do. I've never worked with such open-ended stuff. I'll try to add what "common" classes people would want, with custom items option and custom name option. That way, you can basically change anything except for the number of classes. You just have to edit the existing ones.

16. Offline

GumPopFTW

Ok, no prob. I can do it by myself ;) And thanks so much for the help :D

17. Offline

GumPopFTW

Hey, not to hurry you or what not. But when are you gonna make the update? Are you still configuring the plugin? Or are you just doing something more important in life? Its ok. I know you have a life :)

18. Offline

np98765

I was actually out with friends tonight. :)

Dunno when I'm going to update it, but when I start, it shouldn't take too long. Just need to replace some numbers with getConfig() stuff and things like that. Copy, paste, whatever.