LAG Reduction Help!

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by gamalamin1, Apr 25, 2013.

?

What server manager should I get? (Windows 7 x64)

Poll closed Apr 25, 2018.
  1. SpaceBukkit

40.9%
  2. BukkitGUI

4.5%
  3. I'll tell you in the comments

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. None.

54.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

gamalamin1

20 TPS & depending on if there is architecture where I am, the fps lowers. In the wild with just trees and stuff, its 50-100. At spawn, it's 10-50

Do you suggest I clean up my computer's fan and keyboard? My RAM is DDR3 PC3 for everybody's information.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2016
  2. Offline

angeplay

A laptop can run fine as a server, if you follow my advises. Of course a desktop pc will run better.

You always have to clean your computer's fans (server or not).

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

gamalamin1 likes this.
  3. Offline

gamalamin1

Oh, how do I clean it?
    Btw, you're very helpful, here's a cake ---> [cake]

4. Offline

angeplay

With a brush, and a vacuum. Don't forget to turn off your computer. But cleaning your fans won't stop lag.

5. Offline

Iroh

I would ask that you remove the (nobody is helping me) from your title. You have gotten 39 responses that is not no one.

6. Offline

gamalamin1

Title is outdated.
    /updated
    Do you have any suggestions to reduce server lag?
    Iroh

7. Offline

Iroh

Try installing clear lagg.

gamalamin1 likes this.
  8. Offline

gamalamin1

ClearLagg is very annoying. I have an amusement park in my server with minecarts that stay forever and ClearLagg removes them every 10 minutes. Do you recommend pTweaks? Some people say it's powerful in removing lag and others don't agree.

A vacuum? That would suck me computers chips! Oh wait....XD

9. Offline

Iroh

You can stop clear lagg from removing certain entities.

10. Offline

WhitePhoenix0

How 'bout you get a dedicated serverhost like beastnode. Almost NO lag.

tanveergt5 likes this.
  11. Offline

gamalamin1

Well because I don't know how to pay for a host. Can you guys explain?

12. Offline

rguz10

Put credit card.
    Hit pay.
    Get your lagless server.

tanveergt5 likes this.
  13. Offline

Freelix2000

I had a very similar problem on my server. These are some things that you can do to fix it:
    - Edit your run.bat file. Customize the minimum/maximum memory the server uses. Some people think that telling the server to always use a lot of memory will help, but it doesn't.
    - Look for useless software of malware on your computer that might be taking up memory
    - Change the server's view distance
    - If none of that works, set up a performance monitor to see what is taking up so much memory.
    I hope this helped :)

14. Offline

rtainc

You should definitely get a dedicated server, not run off a Windows PC.

Get CentOS on a ventilated box, and say goodbye to any lag... ever.

15. Offline

tanveergt5

you are using a freaking acer laptop lol, you should have atleast built a cheap i3 system with good cooling then overclock it, then install ubuntu SERVER OS.................

16. Offline

gamalamin1

I don't have a credit card. Am 17!

17. Offline

Bobcat00

My server (for about 15 people) runs just fine under Win7 Pro. This is much easier for the average person to install compared to Ubunto.

Overclocking really isn't necessary. I find that the CPU use is really pretty low. The limiting factor in my case is my 8 Mbps upload (download is 60 Mbps). With about 0.333 Mbps needed per player, I'm pretty much maxed out at 20 players, but have plenty of CPU power left over.

18. Offline

rguz10

And I am 14. I have bought from a ton of hosts, in minecraft age does not seem to matter. Try your parents or something.

19. Offline

tanveergt5

Use what you are comfortable with, CPU is very important, and over clocking is for people who have more plugins and players on a weaker CPU, that needs that extra "boost". On something like an i5 or better you wont need to overclock at all. I dont know how you know your CPU use is low unless you have some kind of monitoring program running. The reason I don't say windows 7 is because it's constantly got loads of background processes running and is NOT a server OS

20. Offline

Bobcat00

Either Windows Task Manager or the All CPU Monitor desktop gadget will show the CPU use. I have a 3 year-old i7-860 2.8 GHz (so this is not bleeding edge, nor is it overclocked), and it runs the CB server just fine with 15 players. And since the CPU has 4 cores / 8 threads, it can also run the CB server at the same time as a Minecraft client with Optifine, and stream HD videos to the TV. All at the same time!

Anyway, my points are:
    1. Small servers will run just fine with Win7. No "server OS" is required.
    2. CPU power is not particularly important.
    3. The Internet upload speed is probably the limiting factor as far as the number of players is concerned.

tanveergt5 likes this.
  21. Offline

gamalamin1

Guys, I need REAL responses. I really want to reduce lag on my server. Please help! I appreciate some help that I've gotten by the way.

Ok so... I can't get a dedicated server.
    1. Am 17 & can't get a Paypal because I don't have a credit card (U.S.A.)
    Is it STILL possible for me to get a server host?

22. Offline

rguz10

Then no. The one other way is getting fiber Internet to your house (few hundred) and building a proper Linux server with no GUI, proper enterprise grade hardware, etc…($1000+)

23. Offline

gamalamin1

I can get a job, but there is a way to get a minecraft host. How come some server owners under 18 have a server host?

24. Offline

Bobcat00

Probably because their parents paid for it.

25. Offline

Mike1022

Your 6 GB of RAM will help. Also, you need to be connected to the internet using ethernet. If you want to get hardcore with this you should get a SSD drive and a new CPU.

26. Offline

gamalamin1

Listen... there are teenagers who work in server hosting companies so I know it's possible.

27. Offline

rguz10

Want to know how I do it? I can support all my hobbies with this.(R/C, surfing, computers, freinds, anything with a motor) Fix shit with an engine. Learn the ways of cars, lawn mowers and stuff like that. Don't think it will work? When you have an adult drop a restoration project to a 14 year old kid, you know they will to a kid who is 17+ it's mostly really simple and can be learned quick if you care. It's major bank too :D

28. Offline

Me4502

1. Get paypal
    2. Pay with paypal
    3. ???
    4. Profit.

Or the alternate way of,

1. Get parent/guardian to use credit card and pay them back.
    2. Pay
    3. ???
    4. Profit.

29. Offline

gamalamin1

I don't think you understand my problem.
    I can't pay with PayPal because I don't have a bank account. How do I make a bank account? Am I old enough or anything?

30. Offline

Me4502

Anyone can make a bank account, but you just need guardian consent if you're under the legal age.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.