Lag spike whenever a player leaves the server.

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Orcworm, Feb 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Orcworm

Well, back again. Server has been working completely fine since my last problem:
    http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/consistent-lag-on-bukkit-server.3133/
    ...Until now, out of the blue whenever a player leaves the server it will hang for around 20-30 seconds, this makes more players relog in an attempt to fix the lag, causing a frustrating cycle.

1. What OS are you using (Brand and version - Ex. Windows XP SP3)?

CentOS 5.5

2. What architecture is the OS you are running (x64 or x86)?

x64

3. What version and architecture is your java install? (Type: java -version in command prompt.)

java version "1.6.0_17"
    OpenJDK Runtime Environment (IcedTea6 1.7.5) (rhel-1.16.b17.el5-x86_64)
    OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 14.0-b16, mixed mode)

4. What build of CraftBukkit are you running? (do NOT say latest. Say the build number.)

5. What command are you using to run your CraftBukkit server?

java -Xincgc -Xmx6G -server -jar craftbukkit.jar nogui

6. What plugins are you running?

AutoRepair
    BigBrother (Moved to MySQL a few days ago, problem began yesterday)
    BorderGuard

DeathTpPlus
    EekRunes
    Essentials
    FarmMaster
    HeroChat
    iAuction
    iConomy
    iMonster
    LapisRedstone
    LWC
    MagicCarpet
    Minecart Mania
    Minequery
    MyHome
    Permissions
    PrivateWarp
    SignColours
    SignLift
    WorldEdit
    WorldGuard

7. What error are you getting (post your server.log file if possible)?

Console shows no signs of any particular error, just the usual slow IO warning that hasn't affected the server lag-wise in the past.

[​IMG]

8. What have you tried already?

Added NPCTrader and MCBans plugins yesterday, have since removed but to no avail. My current plugins list was functioning perfectly for around two weeks beforehand. Have tried stopping Essentials from freeing memory when a player leaves, the problem still persists.

Searched for similar problems before creating the thread but it seems no-one else has experienced this issue. Would greatly appreciate any help or advice.

2. Offline

TnT

Try removing all plugins? How much resources is your MySQL server taking up?

3. Offline

tekac

@Orcworm I was having this exact issue two days ago. So I spent the morning and all night working on figuring out the problem. I narrowed it down to HeroChat. Try reinstalling HeroChat completely, re-doing config. Update your bukkit to build #403 as well. This should fix it, as it fixed mine.

I narrowed it to HeroChat because I put every plugin on 1 by 1 and as soon as HeroChat came on shit hit the fan.

4. Offline

PatrickFreed

Hey Orc!
    Anyway, I have heard of a conflict between my home, essentials, and MCban. I doubt it has anything to do with it though.

5. Offline

Phaedrus

Wasn't BigBrother having some issues recently? or are they fixed now?

6. Offline

Orcworm

Thanks for the replies guys, I'll try disabling HeroChat and see how it goes from there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.