Latest RB Server Not Starting

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Everlong, Mar 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Everlong

Code:
    174 recipes
    27 achievements
    02:54:36 [INFO] Starting minecraft server version 1.1
    02:54:36 [INFO] Loading properties
    02:54:36 [INFO] Starting Minecraft server on *:25565
    02:54:36 [WARNING] **** SERVER IS RUNNING IN OFFLINE/INSECURE MODE!
    02:54:36 [WARNING] The server will make no attempt to authenticate usernames. Beware.
    02:54:36 [WARNING] While this makes the game possible to play without internet access, it also opens up the ability for hackers to connect with any username they choose.
    02:54:36 [WARNING] To change this, set "online-mode" to "true" in the server.properties file.
    02:54:36 [INFO] This server is running CraftBukkit version git-Bukkit-1.1-R6-b1988jnks (MC: 1.1) (Implementing API version 1.1-R6)
    02:54:37 [SEVERE] java.lang.NullPointerException
    02:54:37 [SEVERE]      at org.bukkit.plugin.PluginDescriptionFile.loadMap(PluginDescriptionFile.java:203)
    02:54:37 [SEVERE]      at org.bukkit.plugin.PluginDescriptionFile.<init>(PluginDescriptionFile.java:40)
    02:54:37 [SEVERE]      at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.getPluginDescription(JavaPluginLoader.java:198)
    02:54:37 [SEVERE]      at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugins(SimplePluginManager.java:132)
    02:54:37 [SEVERE]      at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugins(CraftServer.java:206)
    02:54:37 [SEVERE]      at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.<init>(CraftServer.java:182)
    02:54:37 [SEVERE]      at net.minecraft.server.ServerConfigurationManager.<init>(ServerConfigurationManager.java:53)
    02:54:37 [SEVERE]      at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.init(MinecraftServer.java:147)
    02:54:37 [SEVERE]      at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:407)
    02:54:37 [SEVERE]      at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:465)
    02:54:37 [SEVERE] Unexpected exception
    java.lang.NullPointerException
            at org.bukkit.plugin.PluginDescriptionFile.loadMap(PluginDescriptionFile.java:203)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.PluginDescriptionFile.<init>(PluginDescriptionFile.java:40)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.getPluginDescription(JavaPluginLoader.java:198)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugins(SimplePluginManager.java:132)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugins(CraftServer.java:206)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.<init>(CraftServer.java:182)
            at net.minecraft.server.ServerConfigurationManager.<init>(ServerConfigurationManager.java:53)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.init(MinecraftServer.java:147)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:407)
            at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:465)
    02:54:37 [WARNING] Could not get current artifact information; perhaps you are running a custom version?: FileNotFoundException
    >stop
    02:59:43 [INFO] Stopping server
    02:59:43 [SEVERE] java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index: 0, Size: 0
    02:59:43 [SEVERE]      at java.util.ArrayList.rangeCheck(Unknown Source)
    02:59:43 [SEVERE]      at java.util.ArrayList.get(Unknown Source)
    02:59:43 [SEVERE]      at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.stop(MinecraftServer.java:393)
    02:59:43 [SEVERE]      at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:464)
    02:59:43 [SEVERE]      at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:465)
    02:59:43 [INFO] Stopping server

Getting this problem while starting with the latest recommended build. I'm running Adminium (and all of it's plugins), AuthDB, bcVote, ChatManager, Essentials, iConomy, LogBlock, LWC, MCSL, MineBackup, MobArena, Multiverse-Core and Inventories, NoCheat, NoSpawnEggs, Openinv, PermissionsEx, Reporter, Votifier, WebAuction, WoerldEdit, WorldGuard, XrayInformer.
    I know I've got quite a few plugins but they are all needed!

Thanks,
    Everlong.

2. Offline

Chunkylad

Many others are having the same issue from what I am seeing. My server is doing the same thing.

3. Offline

Everlong

Ah. As long as it's not just me. I can't seem to identify what plugin (if any) is causing the issue. Guess I'll have to wait it out.

Thanks.

4. Offline

MikeA

That's what ya get for using offline mode!

Nathan C likes this.
  5. Offline

greatman

Go troll somewhere else.

Probably a know issue and fixed in latest dev build I think.

Everlong likes this.
  6. Offline

Everlong

I use offline mode in combination with AuthDB. Some of my users require this.
    But yeah, nice try.

Yeah, hopefully won't be too long. My box went offline sometime last night and was not notified until I got back today. Great on the uptime.

7. Offline

MikeA

24 hours of downtime only makes my downtime percent go down by 0.03 :d

8. Offline

effortless

Server starting with just iConomy 5.01 did this for me

9. Offline

Everlong

I've removed iConomy from my plugin list but still getting this error.

10. Offline

Mathew9R

Right, After having a word with @CraftBukkit, It looks like its down to the Plugins.

You have to update or remove them ;)

11. Offline

Everlong

Thanks. Just tried it with a few plugins already and I'm getting other errors. Guess I'll have to wait until an update becomes available for them.

12. Offline

Kaitoshijo

I made a new server with the new craftbukkit and ran it, I got the "Could not get current artifact information; perhaps you are running a custom version?: FileNotFoundException" as well. I think that may be what is causing the server issues.

13. Offline

dawon

Tried new RB and had same issue. So I've tried to run clean server (without any plugins). Still there was the warning "Could not get current artifact information; perhaps you are running a custom version?: FileNotFoundException", but the server was running.

Those fatal exceptions were caused by plugins:

PermissionsEx (unfortunately there is no update yet)
    MessageChangerLite (probably because of missing PEX)
    Spout (but there is some development build, it may be working with it)

And those plugins didn't load (could be caused by lack of permissions plugin):

AdminCMD (but also, there is some dev build)
    JSONAPI
    MendelSheep
    LWC
    MyWolf (probably because of missing Spout)
    ServerNews
    SuperSpawn
    War
    WebAuction

And those plugins were running correctly (were loaded correctly, haven't tried it in-game):

Appleseed
    AuthDB (latest dev build)
    Dynmap
    Dynmap-WorldGuard
    GoogleAnalyticsPlugin
    Herochat
    ChatCensor
    iConomy
    Jail
    MyHome
    MyWarp
    OnlineUsers
    PluginReloader
    SpongeRestore
    Vault
    WorldEdit
    WorldGuard

(those are only plugins I use...;-))

14. Offline

Don Redhorse

http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/warning-all-plugins-without-commands-will-crash-the-server-in-r6.62791

there is a fix for MessageChangerLite http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/wa...ut-commands-will-crash-the-server-in-r6.62791

sorry, it was a vault on my side caused by an oversight on the bukkit side...

thanks for using my plugin

there is an unofficial update of minebackup available from me 0.5.7 which will make minebackup run on R5 and higher.. has nothing to do with the crash though

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2016
  15. Offline

dawon

16. Offline

vrostol

I'm having the same problem "[WARNING] Could not get current artifact information; perhaps you are r
    unning a custom version?: FileNotFoundException" I've removed all my plugins, but it still wont work, the server is an online-server. I dont know what to do... please help me ;-O !!!

Please... can i get an answer?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2016
  17. Offline

Don Redhorse

well it looks like there is an issue.. perhaps you ask mbaxter if he know something...

18. Offline

MrJanitor

"Could not get current artifact information" error caused by auto-updater, because dl server is broken now. You can temporary get rid of this, setting auto-updater: enabled: false in bukkit.yml.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.