Filled LightPermaDeath

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by tiffit, Oct 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

tiffit

Plugin category: Mechanics

Suggested name: LightPermaDeath

What I want: When you die and you respawn, you respawn as a completely new person. You respawn as if you newly joined the server. So, any plugin that gives you more hearts would reset you to the default. Also, when you die nothing is dropped (just something to add to config).

Ideas for commands: /lpd reload

Ideas for permissions: lpd.reload

When I'd like it by: Halloween.

2. Online

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

tiffit You do realize that there are loads of plugins to deal with?
    Economy needs to be reset, factions, permissions maybe, any other plugin that is using player data.
    Finding them all is nearly impossible.

3. Offline

tiffit

timtower I do no want economy, factions, or permissions, to be reset, just the player .dat file. I searched the web but could find any plugins I was looking for

4. Offline

tiffit

bump!

5. Offline

nico123o

I have an idea on how to get this to work, can you list me any specific plugins that modify hearts or anything that would need to be reset for your purpose. Also, what .dat file needs to be reset, is it essentials, or another plugin.

6. Offline

tiffit

7. Offline

mrCookieSlime

8. Offline

nico123o

I haven't messed with anything like that, I'll give it a go.

9. Offline

tiffit

ok great!

10. Offline

nico123o

Anyone, feel free to take over, I'm on holiday so I don't have any time to do anything.

11. Offline

567legodude

tiffit The problem I see is that, if you delete the player.dat file, the server has to be restarted for the changes to take place, you can't just delete the file and reload. And any plugin that stores its own player info would not be changed.

12. Offline

tiffit

how about, if you die, it deletes the player .dat file and it kicks you from the game. When you join again, it creates the .dat file again.

13. Offline

mrCookieSlime

That would theoretically work.
    However Id recommend just resetting the Player completely instead.

So:
    - set contents to null
    - set armorcontents to null
    - set xp to 0
    - set level to 0
    - clear potioneffects
    - set fireticks to 0
    - set maxhealth to the one specified in ZeldaHearts' config.yml
    - set health to maxhealth
    etc...

This way is probably more efficient and wont cause any trouble.

I think I will make it. However, I don't have time today. I will probably make it tomorrow or the day after it.

14. Offline

TreeDB

mrCookieSlime 567legodude tiffit It is possible to do it that way. I already created a plugin and tested it, however one problem I noticed while testing is if you have a kit that new players get when they join the server the first time, then the player can keep getting that kit over and over by killing themselves (/suicide etc) but other than that it will clear their inventory, armor, etc.

I am not able to upload it directly to the forums so I won't be providing the plugin.

15. Offline

tiffit

mrCookieSlime It is ok how long you take. I am tackling much bigger issues with the server (the host is being stupid).

16. Offline

mrCookieSlime

17. Offline

tiffit

thank you some much!

18. Offline

mrCookieSlime

No problem, but please tag me otherwise I will not see your Message.
    Also please mark this Thread as Filled then.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.