LocalBanks | Player Owned Banks | Possible $$$ To be Earned

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by tom, Aug 17, 2011.

1. Offline

tom

This is a plugin idea generally towards the direction of the creator of LocalShops @cereal .

I was wondering if someone could make a bank plugin where users can safely store there money to avoid it being lost in PvP (Plugin that takes money when you kill someone). Not a virtual bank, a bank thats realistic like the idea that DirectBank @Seta had. This one is different because regular players should be able to buy a bank for a large sum of money, then they are granted the permission to place their bank and charge interest for all the clients that use their bank. Each bank would be separate and not 1 global bank so that players would have to go to their individual bank to get money. BUT, if the bank owner is rich enough, he can own multiple bank stand's so it is more convenient for his clients, therefore attracting more clients.

iConomy and Permissions support obviously.
    Spout HUD popup would be nice too.

We may discuss payment options IF this plugin is exclusively released to me. Dev's willing to take this on PM me for further discussion about payment sums.

Anybody gonna take this on?

Still looking for developers.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2016
  2. Offline

tom

Bring it up

Friendly bump :)

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Samkio likes this.
  3. Offline

Seta

xD
    First if i would do this, it would be OpenSource :p

The Second thing, i dont have much time atm. This changes after some days / weeks, and i have (maybe not exact the same) but a very similar future idea for my plugin... ^^

If anyone else wants to do something like that, watch out for DirectBank and Fork it ;)

4. Offline

tom

Please, somebody take this on :)

Fork from DB

5. Offline

tom

Still looking for dev's.

6. Offline

cereal

I've considered making a Bank plugin, but honestly I haven't come up with a reasonable solution for how everyone is going to benefit from it. The proposal is sort of the exact opposite for a bank! Given that the bank is making interest off players ;). However, I can see it working.

If there are enough servers interested in it I'd consider it.

7. Offline

tom

Thanks @cereal , admins, comment saying you want it! Unless @cereal , we can pay you to make one exclusively to me?

8. Offline

Seta

damn dude, 1. youre spamming :p
    2. whats about your "exclusively"?

Why dont you want everybody to get this? Or do you just need this so hard?
    A where i have problems with is how to do a "good" ingame behavour on stuff you normally would use commands? i dont will get to deep in my idea :p but it will be more complicated then yet...

@cereal , i also have problems to see the point how Player Owned banks make really sense. But it gets requested to me oftener ^^

9. Offline

cereal

@Seta I just have a hard time seeing a bank work properly in even the largest of servers.

10. Offline

tom

Player owned banks meaning a player buys himself a bank, and collects interest from people that use it. Banks are used because when people kill you they get the money you have on yourself.

11. Offline

Seta

yeah i understand the idea it self, the problem is the bank owner normally dont will get enough money with his bank to pay some "useful" postitive interests. But if you use the banks only to have youre money save (like in real, haha xD) it may makes more sense.

12. Offline

tom

@cereal @Seta the players using the bank will get charged a small fee that will be paid to the bank owner so he can make money aswell.

And by exclusively i mean that i pay you to only make the server to my server.