Looking For a Plugin

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by xXCodesXx, Aug 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

xXCodesXx

I have been working on my server for a few months, and it is going well. I just need a few plugins for our 1.7.9 craftbukkit server. We have Multiverse, is there a plugin that doesn't allow certain commands, such as /gamemode, /fly, and /enchant. If someone can help it would be much appreciated.

2. Offline

JaguarJo

It sounds like what you are looking for is a permissions plugin. GroupManager, PermissionsEx, bPermissions, and PermissionsBukkit are some of the more commonly used ones. Just take a look at their documentation pages to see which one looks easiest for you to setup for your type of server.

What a permissions plugin does is puts players into different groups or ranks that you, the server owner, decide on. Then you get to choose which commands and abilities players in those groups are allowed to use; this is done by assigning them permission nodes. Each plugin that you already have on your server comes with permission nodes. Many plugins have a group of nodes that are allowed by default and other nodes that are only for OP or admins. With a permissions plugin, you can choose whether your regular players get all of those default permission nodes or only some of them.

3. Offline

xXCodesXx

I group manager, but i was wondering if there was a pluggin to not allow some of my staff with gamemode to not have permission to use it in a certain world. Like no gamemode in a survival world but still have it in the hub

4. Offline

JaguarJo

You don't have to use another plugin for that, you could do it with GroupManager itself. All you have to do is set up your per world permissions using the config file. You'll want to look at the section that talks about mirroring; that's where you can make it so that each world has specific permissions, like flying in one world but not another.

I don't use GroupManager myself, so I won't be the best person to help you get that set up exactly how you want it, but I do know it is possible to do with what you already have.

5. Offline

xXCodesXx

So I should just try and find a YouTube video on how to do it?

6. Offline

cnniillaa

Hello :D I use group manager and this is how i learned HERE
    If you need any more help just tag me :D

7. Offline

xXCodesXx

cnniillaa I understand on how to make them, I used that video as well, but I am unsure on how to disallow commands in worlds when they have them. I see when I go into the world folder there is 1 folder, can I add a folder for other worlds that allows me to give different perms and ranks for other worlds?

8. Offline

cnniillaa

xXCodesXx You would want to enter the groupmanager config file
    1. Go into Worlds
    2. go into world
    3. Open up groups.yml
    Thank you should be at the place to configure the groups
    If you do not have this i recommend deleting the whole config file for group manager and restarting your server

9. Offline

xXCodesXx

I have made groups and ranks, but that is for all the worlds not just one. cnniillaa

10. Offline

cnniillaa

Oh ok so i see you want a certain set up "ranks" for each world correct?

11. Offline

xXCodesXx

Yes, an example would be someone is like GameKeeper in the Mini-Games part of the server but he is just a normal player in another part so they would have to have different commands and a different prefix.

12. Offline

Necrodoom

xXCodesXx read groupmanager wiki about the mirroring section.

13. Offline

cnniillaa

lol i was just about to post that link xD

14. Offline

xXCodesXx

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.