LWC Lockpick

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by Candaro, Nov 1, 2013.

1. Offline

Candaro

Plugin category: Fun/Mechanics/Role Playing

Suggested name: TierLockpicking

What I want: I want a plugin that allows lockpicking LWC chests. You should be able to create at least 5 different lockpicks with varying percentages. The percentages/items I would use would be this; Wood Hoe: 2.5% chance, Stone Hoe: 5% chance, Iron Hoe: 12.5% chance, Gold Hoe: 25% Chance, Diamond Hoe: 50% chance; if it would be easier to give it no config and just create those, that would be cool too.

Each lockpick should be required to have full durability in order to be used. And if they fail at lockpicking the lockpick should be removed from their inventory.

When they fail at lockpicking it should give them the following message:
    You failed to pick the lock!

There should be a 3 second cool down between lockpicking attempts, during this cooldown if they keep spam clicking the chest they would be given a 1/2 heart of damage and the following message would be shown:
    Please wait 3 seconds before trying to lockpick again!
    If they are successful no message would be needed.

LWC Chest Shop's should no be lockpickab

Ideas for commands: Perhaps, as a bonus, a way to edit from ingame. Like /lp create [name] (while holding whatever item you want it to be], /lp success name] [percentage success rate]

Ideas for permissions: tlp.lockpick can use the lockpicks

When I'd like it by: As soon as humanly possible

Thank you to anyone who does this plugin for me!

2. Offline

MrSparkzz

Candaro
    Since this was requested late, I'll probably get around to working on it tomorrow. It sounds like it'd be fun!

3. Offline

Candaro

Thanks so much!

4. Offline

PotatoTears

Interesting... the item used for lockpicking should be configurable though.

MrSparkzz

5. Offline

snivell

This sounds really cool. Can't wait for it to be released.

6. Offline

MrSparkzz

Candaro PotatoTears Apex
    I just realized that he wants this lockpick to be used in conjunction with LWC (not sure how I missed it the first time), but I'm not quite sure how I'd get around the lock in LWC. I'll have to do some poking around, and I'm sure someone will snipe this before I figure it out.

7. Offline

Candaro

Okay sounds great!Also would it be possible to get factions support? Like where you can't use the lockpick in your own faction's territory?

8. Offline

MrSparkzz

Candaro
    It's possible, but that'd be a ton of work. When I make plugins for people, I usually like to keep them simple, unless you want to look for a different dev. I'm not even sure if I'll be able to find a way around the lock myself :/

9. Offline

fromgate

10. Offline

Candaro

I would
    I would but, there are only 2 lockpicks...

Alright well just see what you can do :)

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2016