Mac User Tutorial: How to launch your bukkit server with only terminal app:

Discussion in 'Resources' started by one_way_please, Jul 31, 2014.

?

I am too lazy to click the start.command file so how do I type it in to start the server?

1. Do /users/[your name]/[path 2 the server file]/start.command ; exit;

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. E.g. /Users/**************/Desktop/BukkitServer/start.command ; exit;

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

one_way_please

Mac Users (windows and linux users don't read this it won't work 4 u): To start ANY of your bukkit servers in terminal: type in the path to your bukkit server (e.g. *=blocked but heres the path. /Users/**************/Desktop/BukkitServer/start.command ; exit;) so you want to type in: (e.g. lets say you had the craftbukkit.jar file on your desktop with all the other server files, and it was start.command and ~ means username. Path: /Users/~/Desktop/start.command ; exit;) so type in:/Users/~/(path until it hits the server file)/(your server launcher [e.g. start.command, start_server.command etc] ; exit; and thats it! SPACES ON ; exit; ARE NEEDED so [server start.command file] ; exit; SPACES ARE NEEDED AFTER THE ] SO " ; exit;" OR IT WILL NOT WORK. How did I learn this? Again the example, it says Last login: Thu Jul 31 09:07:40 on ttys000
    ****************'s-MacBook-Pro:~ BrianCMcCarthy$ /Users/**************/Desktop/BukkitServer/Start.command ; exit;
    Loading libraries, please wait...
    and it starts the version e.g. [09:15:51 INFO]: Starting minecraft server version 1.7.10
    and so on. lol the ;) faces are taking over the exit; i am using apples so it doesn't do it and sorry i never knew about the poll :p so 1: this question (lol look at the poll but q1: Did this post help? and q2: Did just clicking on it do it better?

2. Offline

xTrollxDudex

Is this about programming or what...?

3. Offline

MoeMix

i dont think this belongs here kthxbye

4. Offline

TheMcScavenger

Like the title says, it's "How to launch your server using Terminal". As for the OP: Why not just use a simple .command file? Way easier IMHO.

Code:
    cd <path>
    java -Xmx2048M -jar <jar name>.jar -o true

5. Offline

mazentheamazin

TheMcScavenger one_way_please
    Or even run the command in terminal; I have no idea why he makes it so complicated:
    Code:bash
    1. java -Xmx2G -jar craftbukkit.jar

6. Offline

TheMcScavenger

Apparently, he uses a command to run the .command file, which is more work than just clicking the .command file. I guess it's for when you don't have a mouse, while you need a mouse to use the server :p

7. Offline

hankered

8. Offline

dsouzamatt

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.