Make food more important

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by Reeedruuum, Jul 20, 2013.

1. Offline

Reeedruuum

Plugin category: FOOD

Suggested name: Eat or die

What I want: Peoples on my server let themself die. They dont eat when the bar is empty, they just suicide for repop with full food and life bar. Then /back and they continue fight. I'm looking for a plugin who makes peoples repop with empty life and food bar. Like real life. If you are in the coma, you are not ready to fight when you wake up.

Ideas for commands: No commands needed for this plugin.

Ideas for permissions: Not really needed
    Appologies: Sorry for my bad english. I understand better then i speak.

2. Offline

nxtguy

Seems like a very simple but useful plugin. I'll take this on. :D
    I'll hopefully have this done and uploaded to BukkitDev in a couple of days. I'll keep you updated!

EDIT: We need to think of a better name than "Eat or Die" :p
    EDIT: Base feature created. Just need to add a config file.

3. Offline

Reeedruuum

Haha, yes it's true :D

Thanks for your work nxtguy

4. Offline

nxtguy

No problem! The plugin is just about ready for release. I just need to do a couple of code cleanups and add error checking and it should be ready to get uploaded. I'll also send you a copy of it until the Bukkit Staff approve the project. :)

Thought of a better name idea? :p

5. Offline

Necrodoom

foodmania?

6. Offline

Reeedruuum

Foodmania is not bad yeah.
    Food addict, Force regen food, eat my steak xD
    I'm very bad at "find a name" game :D

7. Offline

FlOppy

Really ? Foodmanie ? seriously guys where is the food mania you said yourself it was like in the real life go ask someone in the coma if he is a foodmaniac ?

Sorry i needed to come here and protect all those guys in the coma from seing that one day hope Nxtguy you would just find a better name, like real hunger ? I don't even know if it is good but still better than foodmania.

8. Offline

nxtguy

9. Offline

obscurehero

nxtguy - I think hooking into Vault to set a price for each heart or food bar on respawn, possibly search the players inventory first for food and if there isn't enough food than take the remaining cost from money... You could also somehow set a 'tempban' or 'ban' on players that don't have the money or food to respawn with sufficient health (maybe use a time to death here, that is, if they die too quickly after respawning because they didnt have enough money or food they 'die') it'd be a softer take on the 'hardcore-mode'.

Just trying to think of a way to make this 'real'...haha

nxtguy likes this.
  10. Offline

FlOppy

Ok i will give a try this plugin is cool hope we can set because reapearing with no bar food (zero) is kinda hard when you don't have food in your inventory and nothing arround.

And i am glad you have picked my name and not foodmania lol :)

11. Offline

nxtguy

Yes, you can set the respawn health and hunger levels in the configuration file.

12. Offline

Reeedruuum

Thank you ! It was really fast.
    The pluggin doesn't work for me. When i repop, i'm still full life and my food bar is full too.
    This is my config

13. Offline

nxtguy

Hmm, no errors or anything? Remember you need to die by starvation. (Isn't this what you wanted?)

EDIT: Also make sure that you are not manually creating the configuration file. Let the plugin generate one for you. (Just delete the config.yml and it will regenerate one.)

14. Offline

Reeedruuum

The problem is: They suicide for regen theyre life and food bar. They dont die by stalvation. They suicide when they have food bar at 2 or when they cant run anymore. Then they use the /back from essentials and they continue to run or fight with full life. What i really wanted, its a plugin who makes you repop with a life and hunger bar that you set for every death. Lava, zombies, etc. You think it is possible ?

15. Offline

nxtguy

So only if they die by typing /suicide they respawn with the different health/hunger?

16. Offline

Reeedruuum

no, for every death, you have to eat for regen before going back in the fight.
    They suicide bye fighting with a zombie with 1 earth. or they jump in the lava. Stuff like that.
    So i want to set a life and foodbar max when a player respawn

17. Offline

FlOppy

I kinda agree with him everydeath is better because my players suicide with monsters too creepers skeleton zombie etc. Or even commit a crime so the guy kill him...

This is really boring and kiddy from them but we can't avoid that unless your plugin let us do that for all the death.

18. Offline

nxtguy

Reeedruuum FlOppy Okay, this isn't what I originally thought you meant so sorry for the misunderstanding. I'll start to work on v1.1 which will let you use the health and hunger for every respawn/death.

Is this alright?

19. Offline

Reeedruuum

Yes that's exactly that. Thanks again :cool:

20. Offline

Iroh

Try and be a little nicer in your replys.

[Toxiic] Tortoise and nxtguy like this.
  21. Offline

FlOppy

Ok i will try lol... anyway

And yeah thank you perhaps adding a configuration which death is possible or not so people can decide themselve ?

Just a sugestion...

22. Offline

nxtguy

Reeedruuum FlOppy
    All right. realHunger v1.1 is complete. Fixed some bugs and you can now specify what death types you want realHunger to handle. (NOTE: The way this check is done is the last damage the player took. Sorry, this was the best I could do.)

I'm in the process of uploading the file, I'll send you a link once it's completed. :)

EDIT: Here you go: http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/realhunger/files/2-real-hunger-v1-1/

Once again, please tell me your suggestions and bug/glitches. :)

23. Offline

FlOppy

Really nice thank you :)

nxtguy likes this.
  24. Sounds like a great plugin.

nxtguy likes this.
  25. Offline

IdealIdeas

To stop my people from doing that I turned vampirism on from the Mcmmo plugin. My players do their damnest not to die now.

But I could of swore I seen a plugin that does something like this on the Get Plugins page, it was recently updated like yesterday.

26. Offline

Reeedruuum

It works perfectly ! Thank you Nxtguy ! Now, collect food is important.
    I try more and i tell you if something wrong. (But it looks perfect for the moment)

27. Offline

FlOppy

Ok nxtguy, sory for you but ihave many new feature regarding the plugin, i'm gonna tell you, free for you to do them or not.

The feature i am thinking of now is perhaps adding categories...

I explain more, which means that for each different death, you can set the amount of heal and hunger. So that being said we could make some death more painful than others, because some pople can die by accident and this is perhaps boring for them to reapear with low life and low food bar, but we can stop the accident death because some people are just gonna make an accident death to restart the bar (suicide) so we can't prevent those events to come. But with my idea we at least can set some differences between death some accident death can be kinder, or if someone wants to make pvp death more painful he can do that, so yuor plugin is not only going to be about punishing the suiciders but would make it nice for pvp servers like mine (free server but with a pvp part).

So what do you think ?

28. Offline

nxtguy

I'm glad you have lots of suggestions! Keep them rolling. However, it would be much appreciated if you would suggest them in the BukkitDev project so it's easier to keep track for me. :)

Thanks!

29. Offline

FlOppy

Yeah but i don't really how it works there and bukkit does not like me that much they deleted some of my post already, don't know why, like the sea monster, obviously they are afraid to see some sharks coming into Minecraft and i still think this is possible.

But just PM me and i will respond to you if you want.