Make the description page more detailed!

Discussion in 'BukkitDev Information and Feedback' started by ZNickq, Oct 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

ZNickq

More like the ones on these forums,please!
    Also,not sure if it's possible,probably is,but make the Download and Ticket page on the right auto-hide! Would leave more space for the actual page :p
    By auto-hide, i mean like what happens when you press login while not being logged in in XenForo (the upper bar slides down)

2. Offline

MCManager

would be awesome :)

3. Offline

ChrizC

The description pages are as detailed as the plugin authors make them.
    And also, the Download and Ticket links are there as a quick access. If you're having troubles with not enough space on the page, the plugin author hasn't written it correctly.

4. Offline

ZNickq

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    :|

And the format is the same with bukkit,but 25% of the page is taken by a big and mostly useless page section...that means less space,which,for me,means not enough space...

5. Offline

MCManager

yes, the editor has less features, and it needs improvement

6. Offline

ChrizC

The only things I see missing are; Different Fonts/colours (but you could probably search some syntax for that), quotes (again, probably some syntax on Google) etc.
    If you understand Wikicreole, you can do everything you can on Bukkit and more.

7. Offline

ZNickq

@ChrizC
    Well,i don't understand Wikicreole! Yes,i COULD learn it,but i still prefer the old,familiar way of doing things, just like most other plugin developers!

8. Offline

ChrizC

So basically, you're saying that because you're lazy and don't want to use Google to find out a particular syntax, you want us to change the *entire* system?

9. Offline

ZNickq

Nope, i'm saying i prefer (and i'm used to) the old submissions system, and that at this moment, you're not providing a better solution, but a harder one...
    Basically, no need to change it unless it's broken!

10. Offline

ChrizC

You're claiming that because we changed the way you can write comments and plugin posts... that the entire system is harder?
    *insert facepalm here*

You must forget BukkitDev offers on-site downloads, with download tracker. Multiple file versions, a nicer layout, more standardised projects and more.

Also, the current system will be broken soon - manually.

11. The tabs are confusing, most of time I get confused if those tabs are for the plugin itself or the entire site, and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

cyberdude likes this.
  12. They are much harder :/

13. Offline

Belf

There is something that is very annoying with the new editor : it's not possible to add a new line if you want to
    "ventilate" your page and if there is one I didn't found it :(

14. Offline

ThatBox

Actually hes saying that he likes the old system better because he doesn't want to search Wikirecole or whatever to make a word bold.

ZNickq likes this.
  15. Offline

Don Redhorse

actually there is a link below / above the selectionbox which allows you to select in which code you want to write stuff... wikirecole, etc...

and the forum WAS already broken for a lot of plugins... and dev.bukkit will be improved.. so instead of complaining make suggestions..

so back to the OP... perhaps you could write up a template on how the stuff should look like... keeping in mind that you don't need ALL the stuff from the old template in the forums and post it here... so we can discuss how to make it better and than poke the powers that be to make that a new requirement?

16. Offline

ZNickq

I would love "font family" and "font size" to come back,as well as changing the colors of text (even though it's probably possible with wikicreole,or whatever it's called)
    Then i would be happy! :)

17. Offline

Don Redhorse

http://dev.bukkit.org/wiki/knowledge-base/markup-types/ for the markup types, fonsize is in there... font family not.. well ... oh btw...
    have you ever had the problem in here to paste code and afterwards your whole text was broken? or you copy pasted stuff and you had a ton of formatting in there you didn't want?

The editior here isn't very good either, but we are used to it..

Oh yeah... gimmi some feedback about my page.. what needs to be improved..

18. Offline

ZNickq

Oh yes,the editing in the bukkit forums is horrible... i guess you have a point :p

19. Offline

ZachBora

I also think the editor needs to have more buttons. It's one thing to be able to write the markup but if there's a UI, might as well use it. Like a button for text alignment instead of type <<center>><</center>> which is quite long honestly.

You could enable Forum for your plugin and maybe a picture or logo. I'm picturing a Skull with TP+ written next to it.

20. Offline

Don Redhorse

well I hope somebody takes this suggestions down.. helpfull!
    Can do Forum.. wonder if it will be used though.. hmm a picture... anybody up for it? I think I will post in the normal forums a request for some help there.

Thanks..

21. Offline

ChrizC

Use \\ at the end of the lines.

A) Bold is on the GUI.
    B) **word** is bold in Wikicreole.

22. Offline

Belf

oh god thanks, you changed my life :eek:

23. Offline

matejdro

Users of my plugin are already having troubles finding download button and you want to hide it? :O

24. Offline

4am

I think by "Description" they're talking about your landing page; you should have some explainitory text, the RB feed, perhaps a "Top Downloads" plugin list (with a "More Like This" link which returns search results of a similar category - i.e. iConomy is a top download and "More Like This" lists economy/admin/whatever categories) - something to that effect

25. Offline

Perichor

I would like to be able to center images on BukkitDev. I use BBCode and trying
    Code:
    [center][img]myimageurl[/img][/center]
    results in an image surrounded by center tags.

26. Offline

ZachBora

I got it to work with wikicreole but idk if it'll work with bbcode. You might as well do it in html :/

27. Offline

Perichor

Meh, I'll just stick it on my BukkitDev wish list and live with it for now. A centered image isn't enough incentive to learn wikicreole syntax.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.