Managing Permissions

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by shane3x, Feb 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

shane3x

I am running Build 438 with the following plugins:

Afkbooter
    HelpPages
    HeroBountry
    HeroChat
    HeroicDeath
    iConomy
    iConomtChestShop
    informant
    permissions 2.4 (Theyeti's version)
    WorldEdit
    WorldGuard

I definitely prefer how GroupManager handled groups over permissions (being able to use commands in-game to change peoples groups and manage permissions) but Permissions is compatible with more things so I've decided to go with that.

What plugin would you recommend to allow me to manage permissions like Groupmanager does? I would prefer something that is constantly updated and simple. Appreciate any suggestions given

2. Offline

Juze

Don't use GroupManager, get Permissions 2.4.

3. Offline

shane3x

I'm asking for something that will allow me to manage Permissions 2.4 (which is what I have typed in the 'installed plugins list') like Groupmanager does (which allows me to use commands in-game to change a players group at the least.

I don't have it installed.
    --- merged: Feb 28, 2011 12:26 AM ---
    *Poke*

4. Offline

Soul Reaper

I don't think GM has a support for the 2.4 version

5. Offline

shane3x

So you are saying I could use GroupManager to use in-game commands to Assign groups to a users while permissions 2.4 is used to control what permissions each user/group has and to allow many of my plugins to function but that GM is not updated to work with P2.4 yet? If I remember correctly Worldguard says not to use Essentials which I assume GroupManager is part of.
    --- merged: Feb 28, 2011 9:53 AM ---
    *Poke*

@thernztrom - I would appreciate if you didn't try to hijack my thread until after my issues are solved (or not at all by creating your own thread. Could have easily linked to my thread if you needed to provide relevant information).

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2016
  6. Offline

aehoooo

There is a plugin made by samkio that creates a comand to modify people group ingame. It is not very stable thou, it has constant breaks, due to permissions being updated many times, and breakin his plugin. Its called Yeditor.

Also, in theory, anjocaido is updating groupmanager to have suport to 2.1 today. Lets hope he do it.

7. Offline

Soul Reaper

Yes 2.4 is not supported by GM so the results me be...off :p
    WorldGuard/edit does say not to but I've been using edit with Essentials and have no problems so far -.-

8. Offline

shane3x

I'll try GM once it supports 2.4
    --- merged: Mar 1, 2011 11:30 AM ---
    *Poke*

9. Offline

Jandalf

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.