[INACTIVE][MECH/ADMIN] Mobiile the Mob Entidex v1.1 - Control Mob Spawn [860]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Nijikokun, Mar 9, 2011.

1. Offline

Nijikokun

Mobiile v1.1.2
    irc://irc.esper.net/#iconomy - Donate ?

Download The Latest Mobiile (Latest RB Build)

[​IMG]

Tired of mobs, animals and monsters, overrunning your towns, farms, or just your worlds in general? Mobiile, the Entidex for bukkit is your solution.

Prevent mobs from spawning in specific areas based on a radius solution; If a mob tries to spawn outside of its designated areas, it simply won't spawn. Give a percentage to lessen the amount of mob spawns inside of the designated areas, mix areas for unique mob spawning types, finally create a specific area in your world where only specific mobs spawn.

Deserts can now finally just consist of just skeletons, Snow? No problem, only let sheep spawn there.

How? /mobi allow [mob-name] [radius] [%]

It will then save an entry of the area that you are standing in, and only let monsters that try to spawn there, well spawn. It also supports multiple worlds, so don't worry. Go on another world and add entries there, entries won't mix between worlds so you don't have to worry about a entry affecting another world.

Commands:
    Show Spoiler
    /mobi or /mobi help - Shows help
    /mobi pos1 (reset) - Set your first position
    /mobi pos2 (reset) - Set your second position (cubes)
    /mobi list - Lists entries in the Entidex, and gives entry id's for update / remove / goto
    /mobi goto [id] - Go to the location of spawn
    /mobi allow [mob-name] [radius] [%] - Add an entry, leave % off for 100% as default.
    /mobi update [id] [mob-name] [radius] [%] - Same as add, just updates an entry.
    /mobi remove [id] - Remove an entry

How to effectively use mobiile
    Radius Entries (open)
    First find an empty area and type: /mobi pos1
    [​IMG]

Figure out what mob you want to spawn, what radius (how large of a circle), and what %.
    I'm going to let Cows spawn (since it's day) in a radius of 20 (Pretty decent for a small area), at 100% (high spawn rate)
    So I would type: /mobi allow cow 20 (Since we are using 100% we don't need to declare a percentage, the default is 100)
    [​IMG]

And now, cows will spawn in that area.
    [​IMG]

Note Negative circles (Deny) are made the same way, except you just type: /mobi deny instead of allow.
    Cuboid Entries (open)
    First find an empty area, or an area that you wish for a mob to only spawn in.
    Find the two corners of the cube area, just as in WorldEdit, point a, and point g.
    First Position Type: /mobi pos1 (Always type first, and don't worry typing it multiple times won't mess anything up)
    Second Position Type: /mobi pos2 (If you accidentally mess up you can now either type it again or add reset to the command to remove it.)
    [​IMG]

Figure out what mob you want to spawn, what radius (how large of a circle), and what %.
    I'm going to let Pigs spawn (since it's day) inside the cube, at 20% (medium spawn rate, and to show you how to do this)
    So I would type: /mobi allow pig 0 20 (Since we are using cuboid and not radius we set radius to 0, if you aren't doing a percentage you just type /mobi allow pig and thats it.)
    [​IMG]

And now, pigs will spawn in that area.
    [​IMG]

Note Negative cuboids (Deny) are made the same way, except you just type: /mobi deny instead of allow.

Permission Nodes:
    Show Spoiler
    mobiile.help
    mobiile.list
    mobiile.positioning
    mobiile.positioning.cube
    mobiile.goto
    mobiile.admin.add
    mobiile.admin.update
    mobiile.admin.remove

Changelog:
    Show Spoiler

• Added wolves / monsters
      • Added Negative circles/cubes (Deny)
      • Positioning commands (remembers positions after adding, remember to reset!)
      • Added Cuboid style, seams easily with radius.
      • Better Entry management internally for faster checks.
      • Changed getMobType to getCreatureType
      • Fixed Permissions issues.
      • Fixed issues where not entries exist. Now just shows in-game error.
      • Initial Release.

oleg, Wakko and thecoolwolf like this.
  2. Offline

Juze

Nice plugin! Maybe by cuboid/polygonal area selection instead of radius?

3. Offline

captainbinary

An amazing plugin from an amazing dev. keep up the good work!! =D

4. Offline

Nijikokun

Maybe in the future! -puts on todo-

5. Offline

TheMap

Getting this error during server start. Using CB recommended 493 with groupmanager 1.0 peralpha.

Code:
    [SEVERE] java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index: 0, Size: 0
    2011-03-09 02:24:47 [SEVERE]     at java.util.ArrayList.rangeCheck(ArrayList.java:571)
    2011-03-09 02:24:47 [SEVERE]     at java.util.ArrayList.get(ArrayList.java:349)
    2011-03-09 02:24:47 [SEVERE]     at omg.nijiko.isa.pokemon.belt.Pockets.goTo(Pockets.java:98)
    2011-03-09 02:24:47 [SEVERE]     at omg.nijiko.isa.pokemon.belt.Pockets.Which(Pockets.java:272)
    2011-03-09 02:24:47 [SEVERE]     at omg.nijiko.isa.pokemon.Mobiile.onCommand(Mobiile.java

6. Offline

Nijikokun

Server start or during command? cause it looks like you tried a command with an empty entidex :p

7. Offline

TheMap

Hmm ok, it doesn't work at all unless im missing an installation part. I put the .jar file in the plugin directory and did a server reboot a few times to see if it manifested something additional. The only thing available for download is the .jar. And yes this may be the error I got from /mobi help. It does indeed start without any errors. Mobs failed to spawn and I had no access to any commands. My permissions is '*'

8. Offline

Nijikokun

Mobs don't spawn unless you add an entry to the Entidex.

Redownload

Re-uploaded with a working version. Had to fix some of the CLI issues for Permissions. :]

9. Offline

Axrael999

looks like a sweet mod. wonder if it will be regularly updated tho. some of your other plug-ins seem to fall by the wayside sometimes, which is a bummer once you get attached to a mod and when it breaks you have to find an alternative. but overall im happy with your work and appreciate all you do.
    I will definitely try this once it gets approved, I hate mobs in my spawn town.

10. Offline

captainbinary

This si the error i recieved. CB 493, Mobile 1.0.1.

I used the command /plugin reload Mobiile

Code:
    22:08:55 [SEVERE] Could not pass event PLUGIN_ENABLE to Mobiile
    java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/nijikokun/bukkit/Permissions/Permissions
            at omg.nijiko.isa.pokemon.Mobiile$Listener.onPluginEnabled(Mobiile.java:183)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$31.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:279)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:59)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:225)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:415)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:187)
            at com.earth2me.essentials.commands.Commandplugin$1.run(Commandplugin.java:115)
            at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:636)
    Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.nijikokun.bukkit.Permissions.Permissions
            at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:217)
            at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
            at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:205)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.PluginClassLoader.findClass(PluginClassLoader.java:30)
            at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:321)
            at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:266)
            ... 8 more

11. Offline

Nijikokun

Yeah, it is probably a load error since they aren't meant to be loaded that way. Just do a [reload] on the server.
    [MERGETIME="1299705298"][/MERGETIME]
    Those were plugins to serve until they were in the actual server (and the rest I lost the source when my hdd failed) but, they were never added and I didn't intend to keep them as plugins for as long as they have been.

12. Offline

Nytemare3701

Awesome. I'm gonna go make a dungeon. *hug's nijikokun*

13. Offline

Volander

14. Offline

Nijikokun

Use the latest recommended: CraftBukkit: #527

Seems like Slimes are causing an issue.

15. Offline

Volander

I updated to #527 and got the same errors, then tried to update to #531 with same result.

Hope you can help, cause I'd really like to use this nice addon.

- Volander

16. Offline

Nijikokun

It's really odd.

[MERGETIME="1299773132"][/MERGETIME]

Released 1.0.2

Fixed issues for latest recommended build!

17. Offline

oleerik

Your plugin seems nice! Ive just updated to the latest recommended build - but.. There is a problem.

When I do /mobi add creeper 10 100 (for instance) it tells me that it is created.

When I then do /mobi list to find the id, then /mobi goto *id* I get teleported to a place so far away from the place I created the "zone" that it takes forever to load.

Do you have any idea what is causing this?

18. Offline

Nijikokun

I think it's a bad algorithm, I'm working on the issue. Sorry for this.

Re-uploaded

You may want to remove your entries and re-add them. A new algorithm is in place. Hopefully this one works way better & faster.

19. Offline

captainbinary

I am noticing monsters are not spawning in any area that is not set out in the plugin, maybe a default setting for everywhere that is not a set zone? Or maybe its something else :S

20. Offline

Nijikokun

It's the purpose of it, it takes control of monster spawning. They only spawn where you want them to.

21. Offline

Cubox

Niceeee plugin :D
    Ty [​IMG]

Edit: Doesn't seem to work on squids. Everything else works great.

22. Offline

Mukrakiish

Any chance Giants will a part of this in the future?

LOVE the plugin though.

Second note, just so I know, the mob spawn control only matters when your within a loaded chunk where the player is nearby potential mobs right? Like if I want to setup a 5000 radius to cover the entire world so I can still have my generic %'s for basic mobs then set high % area's for farms, dungeon's etc then I can without the 5000 radius mobs messing with the load times? My common sense thought would be, it only loads for nearby players, but I just wanted to be sure. ;)

One more piece. How does this affect the Z axis in terms of range? Say...I want to have zombies on the surface of an island and then go down 30 blocks to a made dungeon and setup a skellie/spider mix with high %, would they interfere (just because I haven't had time to test thoroughly I figured maybe you'd know the mechanics quicker than long-handed testing).

23. Offline

Nijikokun

Basically mobs only spawn when a chunk has been loaded, so if you put it to 5,000 and 100% then wherever that radius is based on, any chunks within 5,000 will spawn that mob.

And it doesn't matter, it's actually Y you are thinking about in minecraft (yes it's weird when you think math wise)

My server has been running for 8 days with no restarts just fine with this on the entire time :p

24. Offline

Mukrakiish

That...is odd when you think math wise. But alright =D

Thanks for that.

25. Offline

Nijikokun

I'm thinking about adding another type of entry, a nullvoid one where basically its the opposite of the allow circles, its a negate circle, it doesn't let them in the area, because I've created a few where they spawn and some overrun cities.

If anyone gets it.

26. Offline

TheMap

Should this not let anything spawn once its added then allow me to select what spawns? Including cows, sheep, pig? Just wondering, I have this on and specified all the monsters but never any animals yet animals still spawn on grass.

27. Offline

Nijikokun

Yes, it does not spawn unless you create an area. This is the opposite of what you think, it creates an AREA or CIRCLE here... I'll make a map.

[​IMG]

28. Offline

TheMap

Ok, does this require a brand new map or can I import this onto a current map and wipe all mob spawns? I get no erros but mine seems to allow everything to spawn still.

Amazing plugin by the way.

29. Offline

Mukrakiish

Odd your having that issue. If even I have Mobii loaded as a plugin without anything in my index to specify mob parameters, I will have nothing spawning day or night.

Only after I start specifying do I start to see some animals/mobs start to show (when the plugin is loaded that is).

30. Offline

chernobyl360

so is it possible to control them separately? meaning having them horde like crazy on the surface and underground make them rare? im working on a server that makes the players live underground like the movie city of ember. so i need the mobs to be aggressive on the surface when the players leave the underground.