[MECH/ADMN] LinkedChest v1.4.1 - Link chests together from everywhere [1.6.4-R0.1]

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Releases' started by Ghomerr, Mar 12, 2012.

1. Offline

Ghomerr

LinkedChest v1.4.1 [1.6.4-R0.1]

Get LinkedChest on BukkitDev !

Downloads (BukkitDev)

Description:This plugin allows to virtually link chests (normal and trapped) together, by defining a master chest. Then, chests can be linked to a master chest. You can open a linked chest from any worlds and remotely with a command ! You can configure the language you want. It also supports Permissions. More information on BukkitDev.

This is not an "Ender-chest" plugin. The Linked Chests are community chests, accessible by any players (except the admins chests).

What can you do with this plugin: The idea of this plugin comes from the server where I play. Their wishes were to use linked chests to make postal-chests, or to store minecarts at each station, or for distant projects to allow donations, and so on. It's up to you to find other usages !

Video of the version 1.1:

Video of the version 1.0:

Watch the source code of LinkedChest on GitHub.

dark_hunter, DoomLord and TopGear93 like this.
  2. Offline

eminem03

create video, please

3. Offline

Ghomerr

Okay!

The plugin is almost finished. The official first release will be out very soon.

Some features might evolve in future, for instance the manner to link chests. For now, it will only work with signs. In the future, I plan to make it work without any signs.

Official first release is out !

Version 1.0.1 on 2012-03-17:

• Fix chestname in the doublechest map
    • Fix the Plugin version in the plugin.yml file
    • Add version command (New message)
    • Fix the help command (was admin command by default)

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2016
  4. Offline

Ghomerr

Version 1.1 on 2012-03-18:
    • Modify the linked chest system to use location instead of signs to find linkedchests
    • New commands to link and unlink chests
    • Better management of double chests
    • Fix the master chest option saving
    • Improve and fix the help command
    • Fix the configuration loading when file is missing
    • Modify plugin files names (linkedchest.properties stores linked chests data, masterchest.properties stores master chests data, configuration.properties stores configuration)
    And video:

5. Offline

Ghomerr

Version 1.1.1 on 2012-03-27:
    • Support RB 1.2.4-R0.1
    • Add a message when trying to link or unlink another block than chest

6. Offline

nicklas1162

Oh yeah chests can be linked!

awesome plugin!

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

7. Offline

Ghomerr

Thank you ;)

8. Offline

Ghomerr

Version 1.1.2 on 2012-03-29:
    • Support RB 1.2.4-R1.0

9. Offline

Ghomerr

Version 1.2 on 2012-04-04:
    • Make the config command more generic to handle update on each config parameter
    • Support default language for messages (use default in configuration and it won't use a file to display messages, which are stored inside the plugin)
    • Number of messages variables is known and will be checked at the messages loading
    • Remove braces in messages file where they did not contain a message variable
    • Remove debug message for location parsing because of heavy amount of logs
    • Remove debug and permissions commands. They are available within the command "config" now.
    • Remove unused permissions nodes (for debug/perms commands and sign place action, as signs are no more used)
    • Display the complete help message when the command /linkedchest is used without arguments
    • Support RB 1.2.5-R1.0

10. Offline

Demon1337

11. Offline

Ghomerr

An important bug has been reported to me.

It appears when you create a master chest in a new area (new chunks) and link a chest to this master chest. If you try to add (or remove) some items through the linked chest, then /reload the plugins, the actions done on the linked chest are not taken into account and items added or removed are not saved.

To avoid this problem, use /save-all command to force the inventory to be saved after adding a chest in a new area. Then, if you /reload the plugins, actions on linked chests should be correctly saved.

I tried to add a tracker which checks if the chunk, where the master chest is placed, is loaded, but the chunk seems to be loaded every time... So I don't know how to solve this problem.

Please be carefull with new chests in new areas. You can make /reload after adding them to be sure all actions done on this master chest or its linked chests will be saved in the server files.

The command /save-all seems to mostly avoid the problem, when adding a new master chest.

12. Offline

Ghomerr

13. Offline

Ghomerr

Version 1.2.2 on 2012-06-17:
    • Support RB 1.2.5-R4.0
    • Add research feature for the /lc list command
    Do not forget to update the messages file you use ! There are new messages in this version.

14. Offline

cosmicjelly

great idea but maybe you could add something where you link double chests to make a quad chest and maybe a scroll bar like the inv in creative

15. Offline

Ghomerr

This could be a good idea, but this need to modify the game, which implies making a "mod" and not a plugin.

16. Offline

Ghomerr

New version to workaround the problem with saving linked chests content:

Version 1.2.3 on 2012-07-11:

• Forcing save worlds when disabling the plugin (avoid losing items problem)
    • Adding new configuration "saveallperiod" to save worlds (with /save-all) when a player closes a master/linked

17. Offline

BrandonHopkins

18. Offline

Ghomerr

Yeah sure !

I will link the video on the first post and on BukkitDev if it can help the community !

Thank you.

19. Offline

Ghomerr

This version should fix the problem of master chest's inventory rollback !

Version 1.2.4 on 2012-08-08:

• Support RB 1.3.1-R1.0
    • Inventory reference is no more used (attempt to avoid the bug of chest rollback: using the direct master chest reference through its location)
    • Fix a concurrency issue on chests data loading

20. Offline

MythicCynic

With the release of the Ender Chest in 1.3.1 doesn't this plugin sort of lose purpose? Or can you set many different inter-linked chest systems with this vs. the Ender Chest where there is only a single master chest?

21. Offline

Ghomerr

The Ender Chest is a "single-player" chest. Its content is the same for one unique player. Other players cannot see what you put in "your" ender chest.

My plugin is different. It allows you to create a "master" chest whose the content can be shared with other chests, BUT it works for ALL players. Any players can use them, together and at the SAME time. Like normal chests.

You can use this plugin as a big resources sharing system. For example: postal services, project shared resources (for resources gifts from everywhere on the map, from any worlds).

As admin, you can also open any linked chests remotely.

PS: of course, you can create several master chests. There is no limitation. Only your disk capacity ;)

PSĀ²: I suggest you to watch the latest video of the plugin (the first one in the first message of this topic).

22. Offline

Ghomerr

Version 1.3.0 on 2012-08-21:
    • Support RB 1.3.1-R2.0
    • New command: /lc move <chestName> : move a master chest to the targeted chest
    • Messages file update
    I've added a new command to move a master chest without having to unlink all linked chests and then re-link them. If you move a master chest to a previously linkechest, it will remain linked. But, it will act as a master chest, until you remove the master chest or you move it to another chest. This work for the same master chest or several master chests.

For example: chest1 is a master chest. I link another chest to it. Then, I create a master chest2. I can move master chest2 to the linked chest1. After removing chest2 or moving it to another free chest, the previously linked chest1 will recover its linked status to the chest1.

And, of course, the targeted chest must be empty and must have the same size as the given master chest!

Edit: I miss to add this new command in the global help. It will be done in next version ;P

23. Offline

Ghomerr

24. Offline

Ghomerr

Version 1.3.1 on 2012-10-15:
    • Support RB 1.3.2-R1.0
    • Plugin loaded later (POSTWORLD)
    • Messages files update (missing new command in global help)
    • Adding debug messages to debug loading linkedchest data issue
    • Remove duplicate loading message about linkedchest data
    • Few updates on event handling to prioritize or not some events to be handled at the right time and taking into account whether the event is cancelled or not.

25. Hi this has nothing to do with the plugins but I was wondering could anyone possibly make me a plugin for ranks or just set me up the PEX perm file for ranks? My username is tchambers1 I would like to have owner rank and could u possibly do CoOwner and HeadAdmin and Moderator if you can email me theteamradiation761@ gmail.com thx

26. Offline

Ghomerr

Please use the plugin requests topic : here.

Version 1.3.2 on 2012-10-16:
    • Fix a case issue on linkedchest loading
    Thanks to Elucius1972 who helped me to fix this issue.

27. Offline

IsaiahRobichaud

what would happen if I were to put items in a chest then link it to the master chest? Would the items be there if I un linked it? If I link the chests together and open then close it will it be there if I move the world to single player?

28. Offline

Ghomerr

First question: yes.
    Why: the plugin is made like this: when you link a chest to a master chest you only make this chest to open the inventory of the master chest. Its own inventory remain the same. So, when you unlink the chest, you can access to its inventory.

Second question: I'm not sure to understand your question well. I hope the explanation for the first question will help you to find the answer yourself. Otherwise, could you detail more your question ? Remember that plugins do not work in single player as they use Bukkit. So the features provided by them won't be available in single player.

29. Offline

Ghomerr

Plugin update using the latest Bukkit Dev Build 1.4.6. This plugin won't work with older versions (including 1.4.5).

Version 1.3.3 on 2012-12-24:
    • Support RB 1.4.6-R0.2
    • Fix the ability to open a linked or a master chest (default inventory) when not allowed to do it.