[MECH] Annotate 1.2.4 - Write on anything [953]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Fluff, May 21, 2011.

1. Offline

Fluff

Annotate v1.2.4

A fork of Milton's excellent SignReadMore plugin, this allows you to put messages practically anywhere!

Feature Summary
    • Put an annotation on almost any block.
    • View annotations just by right-clicking on them.
    • Annotations now support color!
    • Annotations can be text entered in-game or files that exist in the Annotate folder.
    • Restrict annotations from being seen to only certain users or Permission groups.
    • Restrict annotations from being edited to only certain users or Permission groups.
    • Remove annotations without destroying blocks.
    • Annotations on a button can be viewed by pressing the button.
    • Annotations on a pressure plate can be viewed by stepping on the pressure plate.
    • Easily migrate from SignReadMore to Annotate.
    • Developer API available for easy integration into other plugins.
    • Permissions-friendly

User's Guide

About The Developers

Want to ensure your bug or suggestion isn't lost in the thread? Post it on our issue tracker.

Command Summary (open)

• /ann file <filename> - Associates the next block you right-click on with the file.
    • /ann line[1-10] <text> - Associates the next block you right-click on with the text. For example, use /ann line1 Hello! to add Hello! to the first line of an annotation. To add something to the second line, use /ann line2 <text>.
    • /ann remove - Removes the annotation from the next block you right-click on.
    • /ann addeditor <player> [<player2> ...] - Adds editors to the next annotation you right-click on.
    • /ann addviewer <player> [<player2> ...] - Adds viewers to the next annotation you right-click on.
    • /ann removeeditor <player> [<player2> ...] - Removes editors from the next annotation you right-click on.
    • /ann removeviewer <player> [<player2> ...] - Removes viewers from the next annotation you right-click on.
    • /ann users - Views the editors and viewers allowed to use the next annotation you right-click on.
    • /ann view - Views the contents of the current wand. For example, it will show you what text is currently in your line buffer if you haven't right-clicked on a block yet.
    • /ann cancel - Cancels the currently selected wand.
    Permission Nodes (open)

• annotate.view - Allows the player to view annotations.
    • annotate.ann - Allows the player to create and edit annotations.
    • annotate.override - Allows the player to view/edit any annotation, regardless of in-annotation permissions.
    Color Codes (open)

Color codes must be in lowercase.
    • &0; or &black; - Black
    • &1; or &darkblue; - Dark Blue
    • &2; or &darkgreen; - Dark Green
    • &3; or &darkaqua; - Dark Aqua
    • &4; or &darkred; - Dark Red
    • &5; or &darkpurple; - Dark Purple
    • &6; or &gold; - Gold
    • &7; or &gray; - Gray
    • &8; or &darkgray; - Dark Gray
    • &9; or &blue; - Blue
    • &10; or &a; or &green; - Green
    • &11; or &b; or &aqua; - Aqua
    • &12; or &c; or &red; - Red
    • &13; or &d; or &lightpurple; - Light Purple
    • &14; or &e; or &yellow; - Yellow
    • &15; or &f; or &white; - White

Recommended Plugins
    • With CommandSigns, you can have your annotations do more than just display text to the player!
    Download

Source

Migrating from SignReadMore
    1. Copy the contents of the SignReadMore directory into the Annotate directory.
    2. Optionally, delete plugin.yml from the Annotate directory if it exists.
    3. Change the name of "SaveCustomSigns.dat" to "Annotations.dat".
    4. You're done!

Change Log
    version 1.2.4
    • Color support for annotations.
    • Fixed multi-world migration bug.
    version 1.2.3
    • Fixed setting lines to associated files.
    • Fixed zero-arg bug.
    • Fixed error when directory structure did not exist.
    Older Entries (open)

version 1.2.2
    • Multi-world support added.
    version 1.2.1
    • Updated to allow files in subfolders of Annotate.
    version 1.2
    • Fixed line deletion syntax.
    version 1.1
    • Fixed security issue.
    • Prevents placing of blocks when right-clicking on an annotated block.
    • Annotated blocks can only be destroyed by their editors.
    version 1.0
    • Initial release.

c_dric likes this.
  2. Offline

Juze

Hmm, sounds interesting... I may give it a try someday.

3. Offline

PatrickFreed

Screenshots pl0x

4. Offline

Minecrafter9001

Coooool. Now we can edit/read messages from bookshelves.

5. Offline

CainFoool

Ill record a video tomorrow to demonstrate it. :)

EDIT

Code:
    02:18:24 [SEVERE] null
    org.bukkit.command.CommandException: Unhandled exception executing command 'ann' in plugin Annotate v1.0
    	at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:37)
    	at org.bukkit.command.SimpleCommandMap.dispatch(SimpleCommandMap.java:97)
    	at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.dispatchCommand(CraftServer.java:278)
    	at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.handleCommand(NetServerHandler.java:701)
    	at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.chat(NetServerHandler.java:666)
    	at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:660)
    	at net.minecraft.server.Packet3Chat.a(Packet3Chat.java:32)
    	at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.a(NetworkManager.java:196)
    	at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:75)
    	at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:100)
    	at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:377)
    	at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:292)
    	at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:394)
    Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.sargant.bukkit.common.CommonPlugin.join(Ljava/util/Iterator;Ljava/lang/String;)Ljava/lang/String;
    	at com.omggamingonline.minecraft.Annotate.AnnotateCommand.onCommand(AnnotateCommand.java:42)
    	at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:35)
    	... 12 more

6. Offline

Fluff

@CainFoool , please post the other plugins you're using.

7. Offline

CainFoool

Quite alot....
    BigBrother RealShop SignColours GroupManager Jail WorldEdit WorldGuard MotherNature MCDocs StruckDown NoCheat AutoKick SecretDoors TelePlusPlus TorchMissile RemoteToolkitPlugin ModTRS CraftBookCommon CraftBookCircuits Lockette BorderGuard WolfSpawn AimCannon RedstonePlugin CraftBookMechanisms ItemDetector Wieze ThunderTools CraftBookVehicles ThunderTower Elevators Annotate Slap DeathMessagePlugin MobRider RocketBoots Pitfall ChopTree PlgLogCmd WarnFreeze Dontkickme Permissions Essentials EssentialsSpawn AntiBuild EssentialsProtect EssentialsChat

8. Offline

Fluff

Yup, thought so. Super-silent update should fix your problem. Re-download and try again.

9. Offline

CainFoool

Yeah it works; however you need to add error handling.
    Video will be available soon at:

The video froze for like 20 seconds at the start but it works after that fine.

Sorry that video was a complete fail. It played fine in my Video Player; ill re-do it.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2016
  10. Offline

Fluff

This is important.

Do not use this on a public server until the next release. There's a major security issue that needs patching.

1.1 released.

EDIT: And 1.2 released on its heels.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

11. Offline

Brvtvs

Is this currently/going to be integrated with commandsigns? Or I guess commanditems?

12. Offline

Fluff

It'd seem silly to develop it and NOT integrate with CommandSigns, no? ;)

Brvtvs likes this.
  13. Offline

Brvtvs

That is what I thought, that is awesome. Btw, I finally got that testing server you tested out in working condition. Some of my players tested it today, it was a ton of fun, mostly thanks to our commandsigns setup.

14. Offline

woodzy

can we get a picture of this please?

15. Offline

Fluff

A screenshot is pretty useless and boring. The video CainFoool made at least shows how it is used. I tried to screen capture my own video, but for whatever reason it ends up a bunch of static lines.

16. Offline

IcyCoolDude

May I suggest this.
    In-game commands to edit text files. That way all signs associated with them can be changed by players in-game all at once.
    And, if you would be willing a permissions like so: annotate.file.[File Text Name]

17. Offline

Logstone

18. Offline

Fluff

You can already do this. In fact, this what the security warning was about. In v1.0, you could associate ops.txt (yes, the REAL ops.txt that sits in your minecraft root) with a block. You could then use the /ann line# commands to play with it however you wanted. Similarly with every other file on your file system, not just Minecraft files. It was very insecure.
    That sounds like a good idea.

19. Offline

Brvtvs

I am a little confused, I am getting "Unable to read annotation from file" when I try to do "/ann file Welcome.txt". Welcome.txt is in my "server/plugins/annotate/" file and it worked before and worked the same way with srm 3.3. Was the syntax changed or do I have to save it as something else now?

I also can't get an annotated commandsign to work, using:

[command]
    /groupset <NAME> red @red /warp red /ch R

and then /commandsign enable

Then when you right click the sign, it does nothing.

Edit: I tried reverting to SRM 3.3 w/API 1.2 and CommandSigns 6.2 and it still does not respond ingame or on the console when I use a commandsign, something else must be wrong. I just don't see the any issues with my syntax, though I might be missing something really simple.

20. Offline

Fluff

No, that should work fine. I'm going to redo the security check to work differently; that should fix your problem.

21. Offline

Brvtvs

I think I have to fuse my face to my palm... I switched to Permissions and did not include &Commandsigns to give it permissions and permissions does not deliver a message on the console like GM when someone fails a command.

22. Offline

Fluff

@Brvtvs Your problem is not the security check. You've got a file format problem. Please post your Welcome.txt file as an attachment. Also, please post an annotation generated solely by /ann line# as an attachment.

23. Offline

jjtcomkid

I am having problems linking files. The file i am trying to link to is attached. I use /ann file *filename* to link it, replacing *filename* with Buy Mathor.Home1
    Can you be more specific on what exactly is placed in <filename> and what the linked file's format/extension (e.g. ".txt") has to be or if it cannot have spaces in the file name? Thanks.

Attached Files:

24. Offline

RustyDagger

Video is 2 fast Hard to read and dose not explain much at all.

Clem likes this.
  25. Offline

superzanti

This plugin is great. Is there any way to make it work with people too? So you can right click a person and it will display the text (and execute the command with commandsigns)?

I'm trying to do something like this.

26. Offline

Fluff

1.2.1 released.

The correct command usage is '/ann file Buy Mathor.Home1.txt'. You must include the extension. Annotate does not have any restrictions on what file extensions may be associated; it also handles filenames with spaces.

27. Offline

Fluff

1.2.2 released.

Multi-world support added.

28. Offline

cholo71796

After making an annotated block- "/ann line1 test" and right-clicking the block, I get ten blank lines in chat and this in the log:
    Code:
    2011-05-29 15:22:13 [INFO] ! Annotate Error: Unable to save annotation to file.
    2011-05-29 15:22:21 [SEVERE] null
    org.bukkit.command.CommandException: Unhandled exception executing command 'ann' in plugin Annotate v1.2.2
        at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:37)
        at org.bukkit.command.SimpleCommandMap.dispatch(SimpleCommandMap.java:127)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.dispatchCommand(CraftServer.java:279)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.handleCommand(NetServerHandler.java:699)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.chat(NetServerHandler.java:666)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:660)
        at net.minecraft.server.Packet3Chat.a(Packet3Chat.java:32)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.a(NetworkManager.java:196)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:75)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:100)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:377)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:292)
        at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:394)
    Caused by: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 0
        at com.omggamingonline.minecraft.Annotate.AnnotateCommand.onCommand(AnnotateCommand.java:37)
        at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:35)
        ... 12 more

29. Offline

Fluff

1.2.3 released.

This bug and a couple more are fixed.

30. Offline

cholo71796

[​IMG]

@Fluff

How do I actually go about using this with CommandSigns? It says I can... but how?