Inactive [MECH] Bandages v1.2.4 - Lets players heal themselves with bandages. [1185]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by bekvon, Feb 28, 2011.

1. Offline

bekvon

Bandages - Bandage based healing plugin.
    Current Version: v1.2.4

Features:
    • Players must stand still to use bandages. (configurable)
    • Configurable amount of time it requires to apply bandages.
    • Configurable heal amount.
    • Configurable bandage item ID.
    • Players can heal each other by hitting them with the bandage.
    Usage:

Equip bandage item (paper) in hand and right click while not facing another block. Wait for bandages to finish applying.

Permissions Node:
    - 'bandages.use' - allows the player or group use bandages.

ChangeLog:
    v1.2.4
    - Update for new bukkit permissions.

Change Log (open)

v1.2.2
    - Update for CB612 / Minecraft 1.4

v1.2.2
    - Fixed infinite bandage bug.

v1.2.1
    - Fixed excessive message issue.

v1.2
    - Updated to allow players to heal each other by hitting them with the bandage.
    - Rewrote much of the code

v1.1.2
    - Fixed crashing bug.

v1.1.1
    - Added a configuration option for the standing still requirement.
    - Fixed bandages not working properly after disableing and reneabling the plugin.
    - Rebuilt using the latest recommended CraftBukkit 493.

v1.1 - 3/2/2011
    - Added support for permissions.

v1.0 - 2/28/2011
    - Initial Relase

Download:
    Bandages

Source: GitHub

2. Offline

oOunrealOo

paper would make a good defult item

Deleted user likes this.
  3. Offline

bekvon

Oh, your right, I didn't even think of that :) Especially since most people use wool for colorful things these days. I'll change it in the next version.

4. Offline

M1sT3rM4n

Good idea :) Will be watching this thread :D

5. Offline

gazius

Finally a good use for paper, it's a nice simple way to patch up when you accidentally fall from one block too high.

6. Offline

xCrap

Something like L4D? Nice idea! :D

7. Offline

mudzereli

The plugin seems to break after a while of use. I *THINK* it's happening when two people try to bandage at the same time. Here's the error it spits before it stops working:

Code:
    2011-03-08 07:46:31 [SEVERE] Exception in thread "Thread-6"
    2011-03-08 07:46:31 [SEVERE] java.util.ConcurrentModificationException
    2011-03-08 07:46:31 [SEVERE]     at java.util.HashMap$HashIterator.nextEntry(HashMap.java:810)
    2011-03-08 07:46:31 [SEVERE]     at java.util.HashMap$EntryIterator.next(HashMap.java:851)
    2011-03-08 07:46:31 [SEVERE]     at java.util.HashMap$EntryIterator.next(HashMap.java:849)
    2011-03-08 07:46:31 [SEVERE]     at com.bekvon.bukkit.bandages.BandagesListener.doBandage(BandagesListener.java:115)
    2011-03-08 07:46:31 [SEVERE]     at com.bekvon.bukkit.bandages.BandagesListener$1.run(BandagesListener.java:45)
    2011-03-08 07:46:31 [SEVERE]     at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:636)

8. Offline

bekvon

Yep, your right, its caused by two people using it at the same time. I just upload a new version which SHOULD fix it by making it thread safe. Try it to make sure its ok :)

9. Offline

Olat

Love this idea. Is there a way to make it so it takes like 5 peices of paper per bandage? Since they stack, this would be a great way to configure how many per stack a player can use. An alternative to food, that stacks even with drawbacks is gunna be interesting!

10. Offline

bekvon

Hmm, I hadn't thought of that, but it sounds good to me :) I'll see if I can make it so you can choose how much it takes.

11. Offline

Olat

@bekvon
    Also, what about the ability to bandage other players if you right click on them? I would LOVE for this part to have a permission like: bandage.healothers, so we can implement a Medic Class in our Rpg-Esque pvp server Im running.
    Both players would have to stand still or something to make it work. I dunno but I think it would be a HUGE upgrade. Please oh please?

12. Offline

bekvon

Ah, great idea :D It shouldn't be too hard, I'll do it when I have time.

13. Offline

Olat

@bekvon
    Awesome! The sooner the better !!!! Im talking to mcMMO plugin Dev nossr50 and seeing if he can add in a skill with his other ones to incresse health healed by bandages or something. so we can have a skill up system for out Medic Class already. I think with your plugin and his working together we can really flesh out a cool new class / profession for RPG enthusiasts.

14. Offline

Grefuntor

S0unds excellent!
    Medics for the win!

I like this mod giving paper a purpose though, its excellent!

15. Offline

bekvon

Ok, v1.2 is out, supports players healing each other :D Just hit another player while holding the bandages.

16. Offline

Grefuntor

That is excellent! I thank you wholeheartedly!

17. Offline

Kainzo

We're interested in using your source in our Heroes plugin - please let me know if this would be an issue and if you would like to assist further.

18. Offline

xGhOsTkiLLeRx

Hey,

I found a bug :/

If a make a rightclick with any item at full health, I get the message

'You are already at full health!'

Can you fix this? :D
    If you need more information, pls tell me!

Craftbukkit #556
    Bandages v1.2

19. Offline

Blucid

We have the same problem, and people who do not have the permissions it states for them do not have permissions to bandage.

Craftbukkit #556
    Bandages v1.2

20. Offline

bekvon

That's perfectly fine as long as I'm credited somewhere, go right ahead :)

Oopsie, il fix it :)

Ok, I think i fixed it, try the new version.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2016
  21. Offline

Kainzo

Thanks for the quick response

22. Offline

Olat

Major issue.

When i set # of items per bandage to 8. If the player has more then 8 it works fine. The moment he has ONLY 8 then the plugin will use the bandage but not remove the last 8 paper from him. so the last bandage is infinite.

23. Offline

xGhOsTkiLLeRx

It's fixed :D
    Thanks for your quick update!

24. Offline

oOunrealOo

well i havent looked at this for a while but could you make it so when you use this plugin you cant use food to heal or at least make it optional because this would go nicely with gastronomic because you could use bandages for healing and food for hunger this would be appreciated

25. Offline

xGhOsTkiLLeRx

Just in cause you don't know, your plugin doesn't work with cb#560+
    Maybe you can make a fix, so if a new recommend build is released your is already working with the new version.

26. Offline

bekvon

Hmm, this is quite possible if I can find the right event to catch food eating with. Il look into it :)

Ok, thanks for testing it :) I believe theres a bunch of event changes coming up in bukkit, so I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of plugins are affected.

27. Offline

Olat

@bekvon
    Major issue.

When i set # of items per bandage to 8. If the player has more then 8 it works fine. The moment he has ONLY 8 then the plugin will use the bandage but not remove the last 8 paper from him. so the last bandage is infinite.

28. Offline

bekvon

:eek: Ok, il see if I can fix that!

29. Offline

NickBrahz

Wonderful Plugin mate, gives a more dominant use for paper!

30. Offline

bekvon

Ok, fixed the infinite bandage bug. Although im really confused as to why it only showed up when you put the number up to 8.....