[MECH] BoundaryKill. 1.3 - Soft borders killing you softly [938]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by croxis, Feb 13, 2011.

1. Offline

croxis

Borderkill: Version: v1.3
    This world border creates a circular "soft" border. When a player walks across the border they will start to lose health until they cross back. There is also multiworld support. The mechanic was inspired by the game Allegiance.

There is no ingame configuration. Everything must be done by editing the configuration file which is generated on first run and is updated to the latest version when required:

plugins/BoundaryKill/config.yaml
    Code:
    version: 1
    ticks: 10
    outMessage: You have exited the boundary. Prepare to DIE!
    inMessage: You have returned to safer lands.
    worlds:
        world1name:
            radius: 300
            z: 0
            x: 0
            exceptions:
                - croxis
        world2name:
             radius: 250
             z: 50
             x: -40
            exceptions:
                -
    health: 1

ticks is the number of in game ticks before health is removed for players outside the border
    health is the amount of health removed per hit
    out and in messages are the messages sent to the player when the cross the border
    worlds is the name of the world, the x and z coordinates of the center of the border, and the radius of the border.
    exception is a list of players that you want exempted from the border.

BoundaryKill.jar
    Source

Features:
    • Circular borders
    • Damages players who crosses border
    • Multiworld support
    • Exceptions for admins
    • Players in vehicles
    • Prevents players from teleporting outside the border
    Changelog:
    Version 1.3
    • Fixed damage code. Should now drop chests for Tombstone.
    Version 1.2
    • Fixed teleporting to operate in a more sane manner
    • Updated to craftbukkit 617
    • Added support for vehicles
    • Added a per world exception list

Version 1.1
    • Updated for bukkit 405+
    • Fixed a couple of nasty bugs
    Version 1.0
    • First release

ksevelyar likes this.
  2. You can go here to find out how to edit the title: link

3. Offline

Nijikokun

Suggestions:
    multiple circles per world should be allowed.
    inverted circles, circles that damage you if you go inside. Good for swamps or the such.

4. Offline

EvilSeph

5. Offline

cjbh1996

"Return to the battlefield, soldier!"
    *explosion*

Make it "explode" when the player's health gets down to 1 heart. This would simulate all those old battle games that made your ship explode when you "left the battlefield" for too long. Of course it shouldn't damage the land. It could "undo" the explosion right after it's finished. You could make this an option, but I think it'd be totally AWESOME if this plugin used a random phrase, all saying something along the lines of "Get back to the battle!" or "Return to the battlefield!" and then the player gets hurt and then blows up.

6. Offline

croxis

Good thing too, there is a nasty bug which kills the server. I wont be able to fix it until this weekend though do to school load.

7. Offline

SuperAlekZ

Anyone willing to fix this before weekend? :p I'd do that if I just knew java...

8. Offline

croxis

Updated with buxfixs, bukkit 405+ support

9. Offline

TnT

10. Offline

jascotty2

things i think could stand to be added:
    customize as a circle or rectangle
    time between hits
    multiple zones within a world (for instance, i have war installed & have zones outside the normal building area)
    other than that, this seems to be a great way of discouraging players from moving too far away & slowing down a server

11. Offline

TehJammers

So is this currently working? It seems perfect for my needs!

12. Offline

croxis

As of 440 it is

13. Offline

TehJammers

excellent, thanks!

14. Offline

EvilSeph

Please test your plugin with the latest Recommended Build (493) and update your release post accordingly as it is now a requirement of the submissions process, since the newest RB contains breakages.

15. Offline

AntonyDream

Aren't latest Recommended Build is #531?
    I try this on 531 and 493, and it works really strange, just kills me after login in the safe land in the radius on fresh loaded server, but after death it doesn't work anymore.. :confused:

Omg, I just set x to z and z to x 8))
    Works fine on 493 and 531

So what's I've found: if player spawns outside the radius after death (using 'home set' from commandbook plugin player set his home and spawn there after death), border doesn't affect him anymore.

16. Offline

croxis

Even after s/he moves after spawning outside the border?

Also, I dont know which number to use for build number, there are two of them.

17. Offline

AntonyDream

If player spawns outside the border he become untouchable for this border, until next server restart
    Nothing happens even if this player moves thru bordered zone
    Use #531, it's latest recommended (for now) 8)

18. Offline

croxis

That.. is odd I am not sure why that would be the case. I'll take a look but with my inexperience with java I can't promise much.

19. Offline

TnT

The bold number is the build number:
    2011-03-09 16:42:08 [INFO] This server is running Craftbukkit version git-Bukkit-0.0.0-514-g0c53b04-b529jnks (MC: 1.3)

20. Offline

Nate204

=( Admins or Mods can't go outside of the limits? I wanted this so I could limit "Mr.Rogue who will run 10 minutes in one direction"

21. Offline

Nat Ryall

Does anyone have another copy of this? The main link is down.

22. Offline

croxis

Fixed link

23. Offline

Aspernatio

Any chance of having vehicle support implemented? Besides that, great work!

24. Offline

darthsiddious

is there an update soon? or will it work with the latest build?

25. Offline

croxis

I plan on it!

Updated to version 1.2! Support for 617! Added vehicle detection! Added exception lists for people to go outside of the border!

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2016
  26. Offline

Allan kiser

A serious bug that should be adressed:
    You are at the spawn
    /warp castle
    You are at the castle, both of these areas have seperate borders around them.
    /spawn
    Since you have exited the original border into another one, then returned, you are outside of the /warp castle border and you start to take damage.
    Basically if you have seperate plots of land in your server with seperate borders, this plugin will not work.

27. Offline

croxis

Is this when warping in the same world or to a different world?

28. Offline

Allan kiser

The same world, Now that I think about it this is probably intended, How would I be able to set up multiple worlds on my server, I would not know how to do that >_>

If I can do that, then I can make stuff like this work very well :)

29. Offline

croxis

This is no bug, it is working as intended. There is only one border per world.

To set up multiple worlds you need a plugin for it, and there are several. Check out the teleportation plugins in the "get plugins" link above.

30. Offline

haita

The ticks setting isn't working for me in 670. No matter what I set it to, the out message pops up and the player immediately starts to take damage.

Here's my config:
    Code:
    inMessage: Returned within bounds
    ticks: 200
    outMessage: You cannot pass!
    worlds:
        worldone:
            exceptions:
            radius: 40
            z: -13
            x: 7.6
    health: 1