[INACTIVE][MECH] ColorSheep v0.1 The quest for Wool! (Permissions, source code) [522]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Enedok, Mar 10, 2011.

1. Offline

Enedok

ColorSheep - The Colorful plugin:
    Version: v0.1
    That..... pretty much describes my plugin. I had a request in my DiscoSheep plugin that I thought I could dish up quickly reusing some code. I decided not to include it in DiscoSheep since more features does not mean a better plugin. But it works great as a stand alone edition.

Have fun CorumAnime! Go get em boy!

Unless something breaks, I am not planning to update this. My focus is on DiscoSheep.
    If it is requested I may add a feature to let users "give/buy" other users a round of colorful sheeps.

Anyone is allowed to use the source code for anything they want. If you want to take over this plugin or add a patch, give me a call and I will let you take over or update this post with patch notes.

Features:
    • Supports Permissions. If no Permissions plugin is found it uses ops.txt.
    • ColorSheep.properties that gets automatically created.
    • Config file:
      Includes itemID of item that will be used.
      Number of items to be absorbed.
      Radius means distance from player the sheep changes color.
    Includes
    • "/color" Absorbs the item in hand if it is the correct item.
    • "/color reload" To reload config file with new settings. If config file is deleted a new one will be created.
    • "/ds party time:30 sheeps:10 creepers:3 distance:4" To give all player a partytime according to given parameters
    • "/ds john dave t:30 s:10 c:3 d:4" To give all john and dave a partytime according to given parameters
    • "/ds stop" To stop a party asap.
    • "/ds reload" To reload config file with new settings. If config file is deleted a new one will be created.

Permissions settings
    • - 'colorheep.use' //Allowed to use plugin
    • - 'colorheep.reload' //Reload ColorSheep.properties
    • - 'colorheep.debug' //debug info. Displays settings in config file
    • - 'colorheep.help' //Not much help this one

Download jar file
    Source

Changelog:
    Version 0.1 - The quest for Wool! edition
    • Plugin added, created from code in DiscoSheep

Have fun!

2. OMG!! Amazing! THANKS!!! This is fantastic and will help RP on my server a lot!

0)Will this run alongside DiscoSheep? I love that mod, my request is for something players can be trusted with.

I gotta ask: How hard would it be to do this (99% reused code):
    1) Make a permissions node colorsheep.color that ONLY allows /ds color
    2) Make a command colorsheep.yellow that spawns x yellow flowers near player and uses y amount of resource z
    3) Make a command colorsheep.red that spawns x red flowers near player and uses y amount of resource z

• Config file for .yellow and .red (6 more lines added to existing config file):
      Includes itemID of item that will be used.
      Number of items to be absorbed.
      Number of flowers to be spawned around player
    4)Can I has your babies???

Thanks again!
    Corum.

p.s. Sorry to ask, not sure how hard it is but I made it simple as possible and as Admin I can spawn flowers; I'm asking just so my wonderful players can have more fun, not me. :D

3. Offline

Enedok

Yes, you can use them both as DiscoSheep uses "/ds" command and ColorSheep uses "/color" command.
    That is already supported in ColorSheep. But as the command "/color" and the permission setting - 'colorheep.use'
    The command "/ds color" is already taken by DiscoSheep and will activate non stop swapping of sheepcolor on all sheeps.
    That is possible. Writing the code itself is fun and relativity quick to do. I could do it in a day. Its the bugtesting up to 4 o.clock at night that takes time and energy. (Damn ghasts wont work!) I keep getting better the more I code tho.
    If I want to, I will do it. Right now it's a school project going on, a visit from the family, and then I would like to improve some more on discosheep.

4. Offline

TheDarkness73

Is it supposed to be colorheep? or colorsheep for the permissions?

5. Offline

fofos

i thing it is colorsheep, cause if you use colorheep it doesn´t work

6. Offline

Flipp

Hi, nice Idea, would it be possible to make a random (or better every color 1 time cycle) color sheep spawner, and the normal sheeps outside stay like they are?
    Or a sign, to place nearby a spawner which let´s the Sheep in Radius "editable Blocks" spawn like that?
    3rd Option: a block which does it, when a sheep passes it.

I don´t understand a lot of coding, better said: nothing. But maybe it´s not a big thing to do one of the things with your code.

Greets!

7. Offline

Plague

considered inactive