[MECH] DirtPaths - Prevent grass spreading to placed dirt [BUKKITDEV]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Arcwolf, Sep 25, 2011.

1. Offline

Arcwolf

UPDATED ON BUKKITDEV
    DirtPaths - Prevent grass spreading to placed dirt :

Dirt Paths allows a user to type in a command and place dirt that grass will not spread to. Thereby allowing the user to create dirt paths that will persist in the game world indefinitely.

To use: Simply type /dpath and start placing dirt. Type /dpath again and any dirt now placed will grow grass.

Features:
    • Stops grass from growing on dirt that was placed while the command was enabled
    Commands:
    • /dpath - Command sets placed dirt to not grow grass - enter command again to disable
    Permissions: (groupmanager, bukkit permissions, ops)
    ........ - 'dirtpaths.dpaths' / Ability to place dirt that grass wont grow on

Caveat: Any plugin that also changes dirts data value or listens for a dirt data value will conflict with this plugin. Placed dirt using the /dpath command changes the dirt data value from default 0 to 1. This plugin listens for that value and cancels grass spreading if it sees dirt with a 1 instead of a 0.

2. Offline

Plague

1199 is not a recommended build

3. Offline

Arcwolf

Tested with 1240 and works ok.

4. Offline

MonsieurApple

Please upgrade to latest RB

5. Offline

Arcwolf

Seriously, is that even necessary? I mean this mod has been sitting in limbo in the submission forum for over a month. Does that mean that its going to be moved to release or are you just feeling like bumping all the threads in here with upgrade notices? I thought this forum and the release forum was abandoned for bukkitdev? I totally forgot about this thread. :confused:

Does anyone even look in here anymore? :rolleyes:

6. Offline

MonsieurApple

Yes they do, and I'm just behind on submissions. Approved.

7. Offline

Gnomeo76

Doesn't work for 1.1 RB

Doesn't matter if its on or off, dirt becomes grass

8. Offline

Arcwolf

Its been tested with 1.1 and I can not reproduce your problem. Grass will not spread to dirt when it is placed with /dpath command on.

You must place the dirt while /dpath is ON. Once placed the grass will not spread to that dirt. Dirt placed with /dpath OFF will have grass spread to it.

9. Offline

JOmc98

I think I'm gonna test this one.
    looks interesting

10. Offline

Arcwolf

I use it a lot in one of my worlds for forest trails and stuff. I think with the new features of bukkit it should also work with mycelium spread as well.

11. Offline

jinS

Code:
    13:24:52 [심각] Error occurred while enabling DirtPaths v1.1 (Is it up to date?)
    : org.bukkit.plugin.PluginManager.registerEvents(Lorg/bukkit/event/Listener;Lorg
    /bukkit/plugin/Plugin;)V
    java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.bukkit.plugin.PluginManager.registerEvents(Lorg
    /bukkit/event/Listener;Lorg/bukkit/plugin/Plugin;)V
            at plugin.arcwolf.dirtpaths.DirtPaths.onEnable(DirtPaths.java:36)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlugin.java:230)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader
    .java:977)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(SimplePluginManage
    r.java:280)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugin(CraftServer.java:190)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.enablePlugins(CraftServer.java:173
    )
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.t(MinecraftServer.java:356)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.a(MinecraftServer.java:343)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.init(MinecraftServer.java:175)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:407)
            at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:465)
    what's this error?

12. Offline

Arcwolf

Looks to me like you are using the wrong version of Bukkit to run this plugin. This plugin is updated to use Minecraft 1.1 / Bukkit 1.1-R1 (1818) and above. If you use a lower version this is an error I would expect.

13. Offline

jinS

Arcwolf A~ very sorry my bukkit is 1720 very sorry~