[MECH] DisableMobs v1.4 - Easily choose which mobs spawn [1.4.5-R0.3]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Jakeob22, Jan 7, 2012.

1. Offline

Jakeob22

[​IMG]

DisableMobs

Visit us on BukkitDev!

Download DisableMobs 1.6

This bukkit plugin will easily allow the server owner to choose which mobs will spawn and which won't. The first time you run it, a configuration file will be generated with the names of all of the minecraft creatures. You can set each creature to true if you want them to spawn, or false if you don't want them to. For example, if Blaze is set to true, blazes will be allowed to spawn. If Blaze is set to false, you won't find any Blazes in your game because they are blocked from spawning. This is the same for every creature on the "Supported Creatures" list. Every creature is automatically set to true when you start except for the creeper. If you add this plugin to your server, and don't touch the configuration at all, everything will still be able to spawn except for creepers. You can use this plugin on almost every server! It becomes especially useful if you want to make a zombie or creeper apocalypse and set everything to false except for the zombie or creeper. For some reason, if you only leave one creature true, it will spawn insane amounts of that creature! Have fun! ;)
    For more information, visit our BukkitDev page. Thanks for the support!

goldensugarpie and Tauryuu like this.
  2. Offline

Tauryuu

@Jakeob22 Awesome plugin. Love the logo.

3. Offline

Jakeob22

Update 1.1.1 is out! I added silverfish. ;)

4. Offline

Jakeob22

We've gotten over 40 downloads in 2 days! Keep the suggestions coming, I'm working on adding all suggested updates that I see possible. :)

(Right now I am working on the ability to alter spawn rates.)

5. Offline

md_5

Approved

6. Offline

Jakeob22

Thank you! :)

7. Offline

Jakeob22

If anybody has any comments, I would appreciated. I'd like to know of any problems that people are having. :)

8. Offline

Averus

limit mobs plz

9. Offline

Jakeob22

I'm working on a new version right now. With the new version of bukkit, I have to update the way it can tell when a creature spawns. When I release I plan on allowing administrators to choose the spawn rate. :)
    I'll do it! Should be out tomorrow or the day after if I can figure it out.

10. Offline

SkyJohn

Plugin is missing settings for Ghasts.

11. Offline

chaseoes

It's not out! :p
    Increased creeper spawn rate ftw.

12. Offline

Jakeob22

Lolz, I'm working on it. Is it still working for everybody?
    I'll have ghasts in the next update.

13. Offline

Jakeob22

Updated again. Golems were added. :D

14. Offline

goldensugarpie

Multiworld support?

15. Offline

Jakeob22

goldensugarpie
    Updated and added multiworld support for you. I thought the plugin could use it. Good idea. :D

16. Offline

goldensugarpie

I appreciate it. Thanks.

17. Offline

fudydudylol

just wondering,
    i have a custom spawners plugin and want to make an arena so they only spawn on command?
    will this plugin let mo do that, or will it completely disable spawners?

18. Offline

rajanbaba

Great plugin. Simple and effective! Finally I can get rid of slimes on my server that is superflat!

19. Offline

Jakeob22

Updating soon. Please check out my planned updates, HERE. Look for "Planned Updates".
    Suggest here or on the dev bukkit page. :D

20. Offline

usamah96

its not working for me it just disables every mob in the game instead of just the ones i set to false
    What do i do??

21. Offline

Jakeob22

Make sure that you don't have them turned off in the properties file. You should also make sure that another plugin isn't disabling them.

22. Offline

Vowels

I am trying to use this mod with the Flatland setting on my server, in an attempt to curb the excess slimes or eliminate them. Ironically, with Manta's Mob Control, the slime is the only thing I can't eliminate. When I use this mod, ALL mobs, towns, and npcs are eliminated. I can watch grass grow because that's all there is. :)

I saw the message above, but I do have everything turned on in the properties file. Next?

Here are the settings I attempted.

# ###############################################
    # Disable Mobs 1.2.2
    # For Bukkit Build 1.2.5 R1
    # By: Jakeob22
    # Select 'true' if you want them to spawn
    # Select 'false' if you don't want them to spawn
    # It's that easy!!!
    # ###############################################

world:
    Blaze: true
    Cave Spider: true
    Chicken: true
    Cow: true
    Creeper: true
    Ender Dragon: true
    Enderman: true
    Ghast: true
    Golem: true
    Magma Cube: true
    Mushroom Cow: true
    Ocelot: true
    Pig: true
    Pigman: true
    Sheep: true
    SilverFish: true
    Skeleton: true
    Slime: false
    Snowman: true
    Spider: true
    Squid: false
    Villager: false
    Wolf: true
    Zombie: true
    world_nether:
    Blaze: true
    Ghast: true
    Magma Cube: true
    Pigman: true

23. Offline

Jakeob22

So all of the mobs are being disabled?

24. Offline

Jakeob22

The problems should be fixed. I would appreciate if somebody tested it and told me if this is working. I tested and it worked, but sometimes there are problems. Thanks. :)

25. Offline

Jakeob22

Just hit 10,000 downloads! I also supported MCStats in the newest build. You can read more about it on my BukkitDev page!

26. Offline

NoFuk

Can i spawn giants with this plugin?

27. Offline

Jakeob22

It has support for giants if you put "giant: false" into the config, but it won't force them to spawn. It's for if you have a plugin that does it already and you want to disable them or allow them.

28. Offline

Harrison1220

Is spawn rate updated yet? My friend really wants a server where zombies spawn only and that the zombie spawn rate is higher.

29. Offline

Jakeob22

If you only set zombies to true, you will get a massive amount of zombies automatically. It's a problem with my code, but I guess it helps in this case. xD

30. Offline

Jakeob22

Updated to 1.4's latest version. Let me know if you find any problems! :D