[INACTIVE][MECH] EekRunes v1.4.0.19 - Runecraft Port (Now reads magic.dat!)

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Eeketh, Jan 23, 2011.

1. Offline

Eeketh

**WORK IN PROGRESS**
    The latest version can always be downloaded from here:
    www.seinfinium.net/Eek/EekRunes.jar

Code can be obtained from https://github.com/Eeketh/EekRunes

I am attempting to port the below to Bukkit, because there's a lot of functionality I've been missing.
    http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Runecraft
    (Note: the original Runecraft mod is by Superllama. He doesn't intend to port anything until Notch releases the API, so it looks like this will be the only Runecraft for Bukkit)

So far, only the 7 below runes have been ported:
    • Secret Passages
    • Waypoints/Teleporters
    • Compass
    • Oracle
    • Freezer Rune
    • Chrono Trigger
    • Power Tool (power pick/shovel)
    Runes can also be loaded/unloaded using the following commands:
    • /eekRuneAdd <name>
    • /eekRuneDel <name>
    • /eekRuneReload <name>
    • /eekRuneList will list all the loaded runes
    Please note that the rune name when loading is case sensitive.

Runes can be switched on/off by editing the settings.ini file created when you first run the plugin.
    If more runes are added after you have run the program, they will be added to your settings.ini file as disabled.

Note: There are some slight differences with the way my hidden passages work:

1) The keystone is always used as the "ink". Whatever the keystone is made of, the entire door will be made of.
    (note: I believe the previous system either used it as ink, or a key you needed to use, depending on how rare the block was. Nobody I know uses keys, so I didn't think it important)
    2) The door activation can now be triggered by redstone.
    3) If you right-click the keystone while holding a redstone torch, you will ONLY be able to open the door with redstone - right-clicking will not work.
    (this is to keep secret doors harder to find)

Credits:
    Superllama - Original Runecraft creator.
    @MRH - code to read from Runecraft's data file.
    @Herr Riz - NotRunecraft code

2. Offline

Daworm

You...

*love*

3. Offline

DerNerz

Thanks for the port. However, i get a lot of errors in the server log if this plugin is running, mostly block event (destroy, create, getLocation, ect. ) related errors. Wish i could show you some error log, but for some reasons the plugin's exceptions don't become logged.

4. Offline

Eeketh

Strange, works fine on my server :s

It should save the error log to it's own log file now, in the plugins directory - could you try again and let me know what error it's giving?

(also did a couple of bugfixes and made it say it's version when it's loaded)

5. Offline

Daworm

I just tested, this is what I get.

Code:
    SEVERE: Could not pass event BLOCK_DAMAGED to EekRunes
    java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.bukkit.block.Block.getLocation()Lorg/bukkit/Location;
            at com.bukkit.Eek.EekRunesBlockListener.getDoorBlock(EekRunesBlockListener.java:176)
            at com.bukkit.Eek.EekRunesBlockListener.onBlockDamage(EekRunesBlockListener.java:98)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.callEvent(JavaPluginLoader.java:176)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:281)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:315)
            at net.minecraft.server.Packet14BlockDig.a(SourceFile:42)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.a(SourceFile:232)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:65)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:104)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:261)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:197)
            at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:512)

One thing I'll note I am running the ServerPort craftbukkit.

6. Offline

DerNerz

Thanks for posting the error @Daworm

One of the errors i get. Here's a list of Plugins i use:

Permissions
    Essentials
    Guilds
    BiomeTerrainMod (<-- maybe this causes it? Did you also use it Daworm?)
    WarpGate

7. Offline

Daworm

@DerNerz
    I don't use that.

I use:
    Permissions
    Essentials
    LWC
    WorldGuard
    WorldEdit
    TelePort
    DynMap
    ServerPort (<-- keep in mind this one is using a slightly modified craftbukkit)

8. Offline

Eeketh

Apparently the getLocation method was only added at some point on Friday

Any chance you're using an older version, so don't have that yet?

Update: Teleports/Waypoints added

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2016
  9. Offline

mrgreaper

we have added this but havent used it yet, love the secret door idea (really love the secret door idea) BUT we dont want the waypoints and teleports, how do you disable them ?

10. Offline

DerNerz

Thanks for the hint. Works with a newer Snapshot of craftbukkit.

But i have a question. A fre runes like hidden doors seem to work, but simple runes like compass and the underwater helmet don't seem to. I tried to activate them with a right-click. (Tool in Hand) Is there another way?

11. Offline

mrgreaper

underwater helmet?!?
    i dont see it mentioned anywhere, just says about secret doors, that waypoints and teleports added

as isay though we want to disable waypoints and teleports (though im guessing there not fully there yet as theres no guide to using them)

12. Offline

Eeketh

Sorry, fixed that for you now.
    The first time you use the plugin, it'll create a .options file, with both options set to true - just change either to false and reload the plugin.

13. Offline

mrgreaper

thank you much appreciated, will let you know how we get on with the plugin once i get a chance to play (seem to spend 90% of my time configuring and updating the server lol!)

ok i tried it and love it

but i have a sugestion
    at the mo when you right click the block it turns into a bar (i sued stone for my keystone so in this example i will use A for air and S for stone

onfirst clicking it, it turned into

S S S
    A A A
    A A A

on right clicking the middle S it changed to

S S S
    A S A
    A S A

i fixed that to be all S

now my sgestion, on first right clicking the keystion (again we will assume stone)
    S S S
    S S S
    S S S

on right clicking again how about doing this (W = woodern door)
    S S S
    S W S
    S W S

the door would function normaly till you right clicked the middle S then the door would be removed and replaced with stone

this would look very cool like a disguised door, imagine it with redstone support, you pull a leaver and POW theres a door in the wall that wasnt there a minute ago

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2016
  14. Offline

EvilSeph

I'm pretty sure RuneCraft will have a Bukkit plugin port :).

15. Offline

Silarn

One way or another, maybe you could implement some kind of permissions? I would like to allow all users to use teleports that have been set up, but I would like to restrict who can set up the actual teleports/how many can be made by certain users.

This was always a feature I wished the original Runecraft had. Essentially, running a server that leans on the Creative side, I don't particularly want runes littering the whole world. Having been unable to restrict mywarp for a while, overnight I suddenly had 3 pages of warps.

I'd rather not have to store pages and pages of plugin data for users that may come on, make three or four things just for the hell of it, then leave for good.

16. Offline

Deathcomer

Althought this maybe true, people are tired of waiting seeing as how some servers cant function correctly without them(ie: cant get into base without breaking a wall.)

17. Offline

outi

Which types of teleporters are implemented? Public only?

18. Offline

Eeketh

Just public for now.
    I'm at work and out tonight but may have time when I'm back.
    I'll probably get time to add it tonight, but tomorrow night if not.

19. Offline

mrgreaper

Any chance u could add my suggestion ( maybe as a slightly different recipe?) np if you can't, I'm guessing your trying to recreate the runecraft mod exactly.)

20. Offline

Eeketh

Not sure if that'd be possible, because the redstone would also power the door for you?
    I'll look into it, but want to get a few more of the runes done first :)

21. Offline

mrgreaper

hadnt thought of that, damn.

thanks in advance for looking into it, tis appreciated
    --- merged: Jan 24, 2011 2:22 PM ---
    just looked at the wiki you linked to, if your taking requests, i love the look of the mineshaft one. runecraft looks to be a very cool mod

22. Offline

AndyPandy89

23. Offline

outi

I experienced a strange behavior of teleport/waypoint runes. I guess that runes aren't "parsed" correctly: i had a floor made from cobblerstone in a 6x6 room. I tried to build waypoint rune. I started from signature blocks and i recieved a message "This waypoint signature is already in use!" without the rune "container". Are the runes not parsed in only one plane? Is the 5x5 blocks floor made of cobblerstone acts as a teleport rune?

Btw: Will I be able to put hidden doors horizontally?

24. Offline

Eeketh

Sorry, I didn't make it look for the gaps in the corners, so any large area technically qualified as being a waypoint and a teleport. I think I fixed that now, but can't check it works until I get home.
    I had no idea you could do that :s I'll implement that later

25. Offline

outi

Thx a lot! *Impatiently waiting* :)

26. Offline

Eeketh

Updated:
    New file format - plain text so you can manually edit if you need to.
    Moved files to the data folder.
    Added the oracle and compass runes (along with on/off setting in options)
    Made teleporters/waypoints look for the blank corners to prevent you getting random waypoint/teleporter messages
    Also made teleporter/waypoints require that the signature cannot be the same as the rune, because then both runes would look identical and cause issues.
    Started work on horizontal hidden door. They cannot yet be created, but doors list now includes start and end points for the door, so you should be able to use them if you manually add them to the file.

Edit:

Oh, and added personal teleporters.

Edit 2:

oh, and corrected the teleporter to leave you in the middle of the block instead of the corner.

I don't think there were any other changes...

27. Offline

HrpDrp

This is great! I have it running on my server as of this evening and things look good so far. My only request is that, as you implement more runes, could you implement a permissions system? I don't want all of the runes to be available to all of the players.

Great work! Thanks for this!

HrpDrp

EDIT: after running the plugin for an hour or so, teleports caused users to be disconnected and server to lag severely, requiring a restart to alleviate it. Eeeketh: is there any info I can provide to help you iron out the bugs? I'm running build 135.

28. Offline

outi

I found something strange in config files:

-6970673294969324643 -978 66 -1548=0,0,0,0
    -6970673294969324643 -944 62 -1536=0,0,0,5

These teleports are made from air blocks ?
    New version of the plugin causes out server to hang :(

Is there any way to get some debugging informations?

29. Offline

Eeketh

'k, need to disallow air blocks.
    I can't look into the lag until I get home :s can you try disabling the runes to see if it's caused by a specific one? :s

Edit:

(if you find which rune's causing the lag, I can look into it at lunch time, but will have no way to test)

30. Offline

outi

We only use the teleporters.

Edit: The same teleport-waypoint pair sometimes works and sometimes hangs the server.