[MECH/FIX/FUN] WeatherControl 0.9.1 - Control your world's weather (temp fork, hopefully) [1060]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Elizacat, Aug 16, 2011.

1. Offline

Elizacat

WeatherControl 0.9.1 - Control over your world's weather (for CraftBukkit #1060)

Note: This plugin is (hopefully) temporary until @halvors returns! This simply fixes the plugin to work with RB#1060 and adds a minor feature (ability to disable ice and snow separately) as a nice side effect. I really hate to fork the plugin, but this is needed on many servers now, and until halvors returns to active dev, this is necessary. I do not claim to have written this; this is completely and 100% halvors's work. The original plugin thread can be found here.

Description
    From original plugin description:
    There may be some minor bugs to work out, I'll do my best for now. You can help with my efforts to maintain this. I really am strapped for time and am doing the best I can.

Instructions
    Installation is unchanged from old plugin:
    Commands
    Show Spoiler

Start command with either /weatherc, /wc or /weather (If you want i can add more aliases, just post request on thread).

help - Show help.
    status - Show weather status.
    weather <on|off> <duration> - Show or toogle weather.
    thunder <on|off> <duration> - Show or toogle thunder.
    clear - Toogle clear.
    strike <player> - Lightning strike you or/and other players.
    strikemob [creeper|pig] <distance> - Lightning strike mob.
    strikepos [x] [y] [z] - Lightning strike a specific position.
    wand <count> - Get wand item or set count.

Permissions
    Show Spoiler

WeatherControl.* - Give you access to anything.
    WeatherControl.help - Show help.
    WeatherControl.status - Show weather status.
    WeatherControl.weather - Show or toogle weather.
    WeatherControl.thunder - Show or toogle thunder.
    WeatherControl.clear - Toogle clear.
    WeatherControl.strike - Lightning strike you or/and other players.
    WeatherControl.strikemob - Lightning strike mob.
    WeatherControl.strikepos - Lightning strike a specific position.
    WeatherControl.wand - Access to use wand.

TODO
    Truthfully, I have a lot on my plate right now. I'm really doing the best I can to maintain this but it's really on a best-effort basis. If halvors doesn't step back in, I will likely have no choice but to maintain the plugin. In that event, I will likely begin rewriting parts of the plugin to clean it up and make it compatible with superperms, as well as add any features people ask for (on a best-effort basis).

ChangeLog
    0.9.1 - Initial new release, based on last working trunk of WeatherControl on github. Added disableIceForm (similar to disableSnowForm, but for ice only).

Download
    Get the build at http://elizabethmyers.me.uk/downloads/WeatherControl/0.9.1/WeatherControl.jar.

Development
    You can find the plugin source at http://github.com/Elizacat/WeatherControl. Any help is appreciated!

Malific likes this.
  2. Offline

ClearTranquil

Thanks for this! This fixes the error I get when I start my server with the old WC plugin.

3. Offline

Malific

Thank you so much for stepping in on this plugin.

4. Offline

Adam McFarland

Your version does not generate a config file, so I had to run the v.9 to gen the config, then go back to using your .9.1, though it doesn't update your new option to disable ice...not that it was hard to figure it out and add it manually

disableIceForm: true # Prevent Ice to be placed by the environment

5. Offline

xZise

Hey, I loved the unforked but with the error in 1060 it wasn't working anymore. Thanks for fixing this.

But it seems that the world configuration files don't work anymore. I had several set up (prevent weather on a testing world and prevent fire from lightning strikes) which don't work (okay I couldn't test the lightning strike part). So I had weather in exp world.

As the unforked plugin was very sensitive with updating the plugin without the files, I moved all configuration files and restarted the server. The plugin recreated some files, but not the world specific, so I don't know what the format of the files now is. (But it created at least the worlds directory).

Fabian

6. Offline

slimchahla

I like to use the wand, but how can i make it so that it causes fires and hurts players?

7. Offline

Saber Mage

Might it be possible to release a small update, with config options to disable the messages for whenever weather and thunder starts/stops? Kinda spamming my server console, y'know. =P

8. Offline

UltraRPG

Why it says null or null ?

9. Offline

halvors

Because you're missing the messages in config.yml.

10. Offline

halvors

11. Offline

jonulf

So, for those of us unaware how to ensure we have the right messages in the config.yml, how do we do that?