[INACTIVE][MECH]FluidDispensers v0.15 - Dispense lava and water [432]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Edward Hand, Feb 21, 2011.

1. Offline

Edward Hand

FluidDispensers v0.15

Shooting snowballs? Boring. Shooting arrows? Meh. Shooting water? Cool! Shooting lava? Hell yeah!

Instructions

Fill a dispenser up with either 9 lava buckets or 9 water buckets and give it a redstone signal. It will then send out a 3 second pulse of whichever liquid in the direction it's facing. If you surround the dispenser on all sides with blocks, then it will try to throw liquid out of the bottom instead.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Useful for:
    • Traps
    • Incinerators
    • Water-triggers
    • Cobble generators
    Feature Summary
    • Allows dispensers to dispense water and lava
    Download Link:
    http://www.srcf.ucam.org/~eh392/minecraft/FluidDispensers/FluidDispensersv0.15.zip
    (source code is included)

Change log:
    version 0.1
    • Plugin Released
    version 0.15
    • Minor bug fix

2. Offline

Juze

[​IMG] Woah! This makes awesome traps!

3. Offline

fullwall

Nice! I was planning on making dispenser stuff myself, but as always, that code is hidden! Nice job on working it all out.

4. Offline

Edward Hand

You know, now that you mention it, I'm not sure I used any funky minecraft server code at all...
    You're welcome to pull apart my source code if you want. I'm not planning on making any new plugins based around this (though I might add to this one a bit)

5. Offline

Trigonous

Does this consume the water/lava when it is dispensed, or can I hook up a repeater to get a constant flow?

6. Offline

Edward Hand

No, it doesn't. If you hook it up to a clock generator it should give a constant(ish) flow, although depending on how fast your clock is it sometimes ends up spitting out lava buckets instead. Have a play with it and see.

7. Offline

Trigonous

Sweet! Will do!

Any chance of a separate version that just generates a source block in front/below the dispenser when current is on and removes it when current is off? This will be really nice once 1.3 comes out and repeaters are implemented (unless I'm misreading it and a repeater is just going to be equivalent to a NOT NOT gate...)

8. Offline

Edward Hand

I can certainly look into that.

9. how can u make the dispensers, when i try spawning 9 lava buckets i get a stack of 8 and 1 single

10. Offline

Edward Hand

Ah. You don't need a stack of 9. You just need a bucket in each of the 9 slots.

11. EDIT : got the lava buckets in the dispenser but when i connect a pressure pad with redstone to it it just gives me the buckets...

12. Offline

Edward Hand

Done. Hopefully that'll make things clearer.

13. Offline

br0ad456

how do i get a dispenser?

14. Offline

Trigonous

Dispenser is 7 cobblestone, 1 redstone, and 1 bow. I believe the bow is the center and the redstone is the bottom middle, but those two may be reversed.

15. Offline

Edward Hand

16. it keep just giving me the buckets back....

17. Offline

kexus

I was looking for something like this! Would it be possible for you to make something like this, but it makes a geyser instead? Like, the blocks of water/lava form a column on it? That would be awesome for an obstacles course, where you have to avoid geysers of lava.

18. Offline

WMisiedjan

Amazing, I was looking for a Method to find if an Dispenser was powered by Redstone, In your JAR you included your Source Code that REALLY help me out!

Thanks!

19. Offline

Edward Hand

Well, you can already sort of do that but upside-down if you embed a dispenser in the ceiling.

20. Offline

Trigonous

A geyser would be hard to implement as fluid mechanics don't allow for pressure, and so you can't have liquid shooting up like that; even just a column of source tiles would leak all over the place.

21. Offline

Jekotia

I've experienced a bug with this dispensing water, I'll test it with lava momentarily. It's difficult to explain the exact setup, but basically, I have multiple dispensers setup to dispense straight down, and some of them are dispensing 2 blocks east at the same height of the dispensers. If you would like, I can PM you the server IP and show you what's happening (or you can follow the link in my signature, IP is on the main page).

22. Offline

Edward Hand

Alright. Attempted a fix. Give that a whirl.

23. Offline

Avous

any chance for a ZIP for the windows users and the links broken :p 404!

24. Offline

Edward Hand

Oh. There was a space in the filename. That's fixed now.
    I'll see if I can find a program for creating ZIP files in future.

25. Offline

Avous

26. Offline

Edward Hand

Well, that was easy. (See new link)

Avous likes this.
  27. Offline

Avous

thank you!

28. Offline

Soul Reaper

if you have winrar previous one worked fine

29. Offline

Jekotia

Your download link takes an eternity to (fail to) load :/ Would you mind uploading an uncompressed .jar file to dropbox? It's wonderful when you can just "wget" plugins directly into the plugins folder =D Will give feedback on your fixes as soon as I can get the plugin xD

30. Offline

Edward Hand

It works fine/instantly for me...